Deepblume63

Jan 17, 2019
Damn, i jumped ship on this game cause of the art, and props to the game dev for sticking out for the game, totally understandable for a remake, i hope we can see the devs actual vision of the game

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
Where is the Bar I looked everywhere I think and can't find it, I see it in the events but not on the map?

larssarada

Apr 23, 2018
Anyone else experiencing stupid amounts of lag/crashing with this game?? I've legit only been able to play like two minutes of the actual game before it lags and then crashes.

Rdcbr2

May 18, 2020
Know this game ever since it was first appeared. Now I return to see it's finished but the art is still pretty much as shitty as before. I do hope the creator is working on improving the art, especially when he had enough patience to finish the game amidst all the Insexsity ripoff accusation.
6 posts above yours you can read the latest progress report from the Dev
If you read any of the reports, you'd know that they're working on it

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
terirheken Well, it's not the same kind of the re-make as in the Resident Evil case for example, so I don't need a few years to make it, but only a few months, so no worries, it will come out.

Meowmadam I can't due to the law in Poland. Releasing the game on Steam puts so many taxes & fees on me that I wouldn't earn anything unless the game sold in thousands. 45 degree angle won't appear in the initial version, it's like 1-2 months of bonus work for us. Explicit views currently aren't planned for the game.

marknutt Thanks a lot for the kind words, mate! I really appreciate that you appreciate the game :D And by all means, I don't mind ass kissing from time to time :D Cheers!

JuneMarshallxoxo My game has monthly updates since forever, but there's no way I can cut it to 2 weeks as a solo dev. Releasing something working each month is already quite straining on its own.
Also, you believed some musclehead from the gym? :p Content will be continued, but in the game re-make - Unaware in The City.
You can't fuck Rat King, because he isn't in the game yet.

Hibikiki Well, that's how this world works. You either adapt or get left behind. But no worries, I'm slowly getting used to the baseless hatred. Cheers!

Diconica I agree on the clicking part. Old system forced me to put one more sentence to make sure that all the scripts got finished correctly (dumb concept, I know), but it got fixed some time ago and removed it from many dialogues, but there are still some leftovers.
1. Game is pretty big and it's hard to foresee everything, sometimes it's just my overlooking and so on, but in case of landlord screwing it's because you couldn't get kicked from the flat before, so you kinda had to agree despite everything, since Slums were added very recently and I forgot to fix it. If anything is plain stupid and doesn't make any sense, just let me know and I'll try to fix it, since as mentioned above - I tend to overlook/forget some stuff.
2. Trait system will be reworked into something similar to the Neo Scavenger game (you buy/sell traits and they have different values), but I don't really have time to save people from bad character creation, so if someone decides to pick all negative traits and no positive, all I can do is to play Ghana Pallbearers music for them. And at some point I want to make this game playable with 0 lewdness stat, so it's not 100% corruption game. Cheers!

Ayam85 Yet me working on the game didn't end, and I believe that my game still has more content.

Xill All locations/characters will be expanded in the future, there's not a single location/NPC that is already flagged as finished. Slums & Metro are our newest locations, so they are relatively new and didn't get the chance to add more content yet. For example, you can't access Rat King room yet.

Deepblume63 You are forgiven :p

RussianMan Oops, my bad. In the original game it was Kevin's Bar, but we changed it into Kevin's Diner, because it made more sense this way, but looks like I overlooked some text. Sorry about the confusion.

larssarada It was a known issue a long time ago, but I fixed memory leak and it was never reported ever again. Are you playing the latest (v0.27) game version?

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
terirheken Well, it's not the same kind of the re-make as in the Resident Evil case for example, so I don't need a few years to make it, but only a few months, so no worries, it will come out.

Meowmadam I can't due to the law in Poland. Releasing the game on Steam puts so many taxes & fees on me that I wouldn't earn anything unless the game sold in thousands. 45 degree angle won't appear in the initial version, it's like 1-2 months of bonus work for us. Explicit views currently aren't planned for the game.

marknutt Thanks a lot for the kind words, mate! I really appreciate that you appreciate the game :D And by all means, I don't mind ass kissing from time to time :D Cheers!

JuneMarshallxoxo My game has monthly updates since forever, but there's no way I can cut it to 2 weeks as a solo dev. Releasing something working each month is already quite straining on its own.
Also, you believed some musclehead from the gym? :p Content will be continued, but in the game re-make - Unaware in The City.

Hibikiki Well, that's how this world works. You either adapt or get left behind. But no worries, I'm slowly getting used to the baseless hatred. Cheers!

Diconica I agree on the clicking part. Old system forced me to put one more sentence to make sure that all the scripts got finished correctly (dumb concept, I know), but it got fixed some time ago and removed it from many dialogues, but there are still some leftovers.
1. Game is pretty big and it's hard to foresee everything, sometimes it's just my overlooking and so on, but in case of landlord screwing it's because you couldn't get kicked from the flat before, so you kinda had to agree despite everything, since Slums were added very recently and I forgot to fix it. If anything is plain stupid and doesn't make any sense, just let me know and I'll try to fix it, since as mentioned above - I tend to overlook/forget some stuff.
2. Trait system will be reworked into something similar to the Neo Scavenger game (you buy/sell traits and they have different values), but I don't really have time to save people from bad character creation, so if someone decides to pick all negative traits and no positive, all I can do is to play Ghana Pallbearers music for them. And at some point I want to make this game playable with 0 lewdness stat, so it's not 100% corruption game. Cheers!

Ayam85 Yet me working on the game didn't end, and I believe that my game still has more content.

Xill All locations/characters will be expanded in the future, there's not a single location/NPC that is already flagged as finished. Slums & Metro are our newest locations, so they are relatively new and didn't get the chance to add more content yet. For example, you can't access Rat King room yet.

RussianMan Oops, my bad. In the original game it was Kevin's Bar, but we changed it into Kevin's Diner, because it made more sense this way, but looks like I overlooked some text. Sorry about the confusion.

larssarada It was a known issue a long time ago, but I fixed memory leak and it was never reported ever again. Are you playing the latest (v0.27) game version?
Thanks for being one of the developers that actually cares. Seriously.

If you ever do want to attack the trait issue. I think the easiest way would be to use certain negative traits to lockout other negative traits from being used.

The simplest way to do that would be when generating the list of traits to display it uses an ID test to determine what traits are still valid to display to select from. That way if the trait is simply no longer on the list it can't be selected.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Diconica Well, programming it is not that hard, and I already have a similar lockout system used for achievements in the game, but what I meant by lack of time is that I'm planning to keep adding new traits with each update, so with each update I have to go through all the traits and make sure that correct traits are locked, I have to brainstorm and think it all over each time, and then there will be one this guy who will say that trait X shouldn't lock trait Y and so on. So just another headache to pay attention to with each update, even when it feels like a simple thing to add. With the traits I want to give players power to eliminate some aspects of the game, or to make them hard as hell (if they don't care about them for example), so if someone decides to make LW progression impossible, well, it's his call, like in many other RPGs. I want to add something like a guidebook explaining all the stats and their importance, so hopefully it will reduce amount of super bad builds.

Cheers!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Net001 and J-Mboot
May 20, 2021

Reply i believe i heard your rebooting the game can i fuck Rat King,then

Reactions: JessSean

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Diconica Well, programming it is not that hard, and I already have a similar lockout system used for achievements in the game, but what I meant by lack of time is that I'm planning to keep adding new traits with each update, so with each update I have to go through all the traits and make sure that correct traits are locked, I have to brainstorm and think it all over each time, and then there will be one this guy who will say that trait X shouldn't lock trait Y and so on. So just another headache to pay attention to with each update, even when it feels like a simple thing to add. With the traits I want to give players power to eliminate some aspects of the game, or to make them hard as hell (if they don't care about them for example), so if someone decides to make LW progression impossible, well, it's his call, like in many other RPGs. I want to add something like a guidebook explaining all the stats and their importance, so hopefully it will reduce amount of super bad builds.

Cheers!
Sure if you do everything manually you would need to do that adjustment each time you made an update.
There is a way to avoid that though. If you made a keyword list to go with each trait then use the keyword list to lock out other traits that are related. The keyword list would be something like a list of what the trait affects. This way you could lock out traits that share one or more key words. Then you have no need to update it each time because it would update itself.

take making her a prude retards her sexual growth. keyword "-sexuality"
if you make her slutty keyword "+sexuality"
trait like frigid would also use "-sexuality"
by selecting either frigid or prude it would lock the other out.

By making it a list of keywords it allows you to lock out more or less as needed.
That way you can have more complex traits that affect more than just one thing.

To make use of it create a used_list. Add the keywords of any of the used traits to the used_list. Then when displaying the traits to select from again. Only display the traits that don't have a match on the used_list.

I'm lazy. I don't like doing a large amount of work. Most the stuff I invented over my life time has been about reducing the work I have to do.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
3.70 star(s) 17 Votes