VN Unity Completed UncleNeighbor: Uncle Dating Simulator [Final] [GameUncle]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

nuriko1

Jul 8, 2020
hahahahahah, so instead of trying to do something, we should just give up to the half chinese bad translation.. however.
although i didnt serve in the US army, but operation flash point (OFP) and Dining facility (DFAC) are well known in any remote military base, i didnt expect him to use acronym without explaining what they are. ad of course it shouldnt be hard, but hell, it would be very interesting to read it in an indi game
I didn't say that. :) I'm only trying to say, that he might not know about this (for example i didn't know this words before today). Or he even didn't think about it. I know some AAA games, which don't have this (at least translated into my language). That's why i don't wait something similar from this project. But i agree with you, that "it would be very interesting to read it in an indi game". :giggle:
can i ask something.. i just remembered when seeing it in the previous comment, i'm not trying to be rude but a genuinely dont understand...
what is it with the word "cute" in the games?
i mean, in the game, actually in most of the games, it feels like a word of seductive flattering, and in other games the character would blush when he hears it. yet, i dont get it.. and does it have the same effect in real world or it is just something most of the authors came up with..

because i always say the word "cute" to anyone while holding their face with a really big smile.. but i never meant anything with it
If i understand your question correct... I think, like other words, it all depends on the context. For example, I (in real life) can say "cute" when I want to please someone and when I am upset. In the first case, I speak sincerely. In the second case, it's sarcasm. But yes, this is a very common expression to compliment someone or show that you like him (not necessarily in a love sense). For example, i like your avatar and i migh say, that it's cute. Also I like my friend's looks, when he smiling. I can tell he's cute too. And also, if person, which i'm in love, will say me "you cute", i'll be red like tomato.:LOL:

Last edited:

wmdyy327

Aug 23, 2020
Can anyone post a new cracked version with DLC please? The link before doesn't open, stuck on white window.

Orange_Fox

Mar 9, 2020
i have offered to help him in the dialog for free.. but he never responded.
I feel you on that one. It's frustrating. I want to support him and help him with translation too, but looks like he's afraid of something or just stubborn a little bit. On the other hand, I can see that he's having a hard time, because of all the pressure from the fans. Not everyone has understanding. Some people bought his game and if they see a bug, or translation errors, they won't be happy, and they'll be pretty vocal about it. They are costumers, they have the right. Sadly, he's just have to deal with it.

can i ask something.. i just remembered when seeing it in the previous comment, i'm not trying to be rude but a genuinely dont understand...
what is it with the word "cute" in the games?
I could shamelessly add to conversation earlier, that, sometimes, word "cute" could be said to describe one's personality. For example, person A is shy and some people will find this cute. Or, another example, the way you described your behaviour, when you say "cute" to another person, made me think "aw, that's cute".

As nuriko1 said, it depends on the context, like a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: OldBear and nuriko1

nuriko1

Jul 8, 2020
I feel you on that one. It's frustrating. I want to support him and help him with translation too, but looks like he's afraid of something or just stubborn a little bit.
I think he's afraid of new problems. He doesn't know us and our knowledges. Also he doesn't know english very well. And if in your translate will be mistakes, commercial links or something else, what shouldn't be, he might not see it. But gamers'll see and will write more bad reviews.
I think if you offer help, then you are good at it. But I can tell about my experience. I know many translation teams in my country who translate games, manga and other projects for free. And their translation is terrible. I think he is afraid of something like that. Maybe, if you show him your skills, he will change his mind, or maybe not.

OldBear

May 23, 2020
wow, there are alot of responds,
firstly thanks a heap..
thank god for your explaining cute. because i always had friends calling me cute out of the sudden, which i always find it rude that he is not paying attention to the conversation. playing those kind of game made me wonder if they mean something else.. so probably they didnt mean anything and i'm just over thinking it.. hahahaah

gameuncle, the author: responded on me on itch. after someone said that "the author doesnt accept constructive criticism" although probably his words were translated therefore you cant sense what is the feeling behind the text. but i sensed a bit of frustration and sadness .. it kinds link to what you said Orange-Fox. because he said, it is "his" game and also said that we can suggest things for the game on twitter or instigram. unfortunately i hate social media (google, facebook, twitter, instigram, etc) i dont have accounts on them. .. i might try to do instigram account, if it ended demanding a phone number as twitter, i will just drop the idea

Last edited:

Orange_Fox

Mar 9, 2020
I mean, it is his game. His work, as if it's his own "child". Of course, he'd be sad or even hurt, when people express frustration or post negative review. In real life, for some people, the bad thoughts overweight the good one's. But, I really want for him to realise that there are also a lot of people, who love his game, who wish for him to successed and that people will support him any way they can.

Red heart

OldBear

May 23, 2020
hahahaah
in a a matter of fact, that is actually correct. that is why, the author should refrain from using a translation, and ask for support.. although if i translated this game to Arabic it would be super wild hahahahaahah Arabic language is rich in terms of kinky stuff

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ajinomotor

Orange_Fox

Mar 9, 2020
hahahaah
in a a matter of fact, that is actually correct. that is why, the author should refrain from using a translation, and ask for support.. although if i translated this game to Arabic it would be super wild hahahahaahah Arabic language is rich in terms of kinky stuff
I am intrigued! :ROFLMAO: But, yes, completely agree with you on this one.

Reactions: OldBear

OldBear

May 23, 2020
i might start doing the instigram account somewhere during next week, yes i'm lazy :D
if there is a way, for the author to extract the translation from the game into an editable text-based,so it would be super easy to add it back to the game..
in terms of English: actually it wont be translation, it would more of re-articulation.
as for Arabic: even though i dont want to get into that trouble however, the idea is really wild, and i imagine the number of downloads increases because most of Arabs are not really good with English, it would easily pitch the sales high for him

OldBear

May 23, 2020
wait .. HOLD.. HOLD.. hahahahahah i'm so excited.. hahahahah i cant wait.. but i need to check it before being too enthusiastic.. there is a way to extract that, but let me see if it is protected or not.. and maybe ask.. for his consent ..

nuriko1

Jul 8, 2020
i might start doing the instigram account somewhere during next week, yes i'm lazy :D
if there is a way, for the author to extract the translation from the game into an editable text-based,so it would be super easy to add it back to the game..
in terms of English: actually it wont be translation, it would more of re-articulation.
as for Arabic: even though i dont want to get into that trouble however, the idea is really wild, and i imagine the number of downloads increases because most of Arabs are not really good with English, it would easily pitch the sales high for him
The author has a unity project, where dialogs, pictures, animations and so on are separate files. He can make any changes in a couple of minutes. We only have a file .unity3d, where its all are stored, as in an archive. It is not difficult to extract files from there. I saw a text file with dialogs. But to replace ... I personally don't know how to do it.:confused:
And I think, for our situation, reformulation is not a solution. You just need to translate from the source text. Because, for example, the author writes in Chinese "he's a good guy." It's mistake in the English translation and we see "she is a good guy". And we, not knowing the original phrase, can reformulate as "she is a good girl." Phrase is correct, but it's the mistake.
And also there are other nuances of translation. For example, the phrase length. You can reformulate it correctly, but it won't fit into the dialog window. As I saw, here the translation is structured according to the type: Chinese phrase - English phrase. And if your English phrase is too long, more changes will be needed. It is not easy as it seems at first glance.

Last edited:

Ajinomotor

Aug 26, 2020
If only he'd let us help him voluntarily, then probably the future additions like "What If?" would arrive sooner than later. All we can do now is just deal with it honestly~

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes