VN Ren'Py Abandoned Uncontrollable [v0.13] [DeepCarbonLabs]

3.40 star(s) 34 Votes

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Really great to see the dev and this AVN still being alive and kicking! (y)

I take small-ish updates over an abandoment any day of the year.

Especially with such fun character as Mary.
That character is a couple of characters in one.

DamoDamo

Donor
Aug 4, 2017
Really great to see the dev and this AVN still being alive and kicking! (y)

I take small-ish updates over an abandoment any day of the year.

Especially with such fun character as Mary.
That character is a couple of characters in one.
Nah that update was like 1/30th of a normal monthly update. It's not abandoned but it might as well be if you're going to stretch a normal month's update over a long span of time.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
  • Haha
Reactions: ChangoFeroz

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
First time trying this, and I don't know... maybe I just don't get it, but this was just not good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just couldn't get into this. Sorry but for me personally, this was just bad. I don't get all the high ratings, but apparently they are fake ratings according to what I've read, just to make people think this is a great game when it's not.

The name of this game makes complete sense now. Uncontrollable. Because the player has no control over anything.

Last edited:

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
It's good to see that the DEV will at least try to continue with their game, but come on, we're almost in 2023, are you really going to use 720p image?
I know there are many people who use 720p screens, especially on cheap laptops, but 1080p should be the minimum in 2022, some DEV's are already starting to switch to 4k, and you can't say it's because of the render time, I render in 4k and compress to 1080p, and I know from experience that the render times in 4k and 1080p are about the same.

Another criticism I will give is, why not use renpy default main menu? It is much, much better than the one being used now.

As for the amount of content in this update, I won't judge, the game was already abandoned, so, for those who want to see the continuation of the story, some content is better than nothing, I just find it difficult to attract many patrons with so little content after so long, if it was already abandoned, you could take longer to come back, but come back with more content to show you're serious.

Nobody likes criticism, but this is my honest opinion, good luck with your project.

Reactions: Zik901

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
The thing is a number of Devs run a pattern where they make an update toward the end of the year so that when new year roll up and some people might decide to whatever to keep up subscribing to their patreon or not as a sort of clean up, they can make those updates as a show of presence. They might make another one within a couple months in the new year so that they can show some activity for that year... and after that hardly anything happens for like 9 months.

Considering this 'update' was like 5 minutes max basically it point to be merely have been done so they can mark up the records to show activity at the end of this year, rather than any desire to actually do anything about this.

I personally don't abide by that 'any update is better than none' mentality, because it would be better to have games abandoned than have them kept alive to make money from patreon, with minimal updates to merely show off.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
The thing is a number of Devs run a pattern where they make an update toward the end of the year so that when new year roll up and some people might decide to whatever to keep up subscribing to their patreon or not as a sort of clean up, they can make those updates as a show of presence. They might make another one within a couple months in the new year so that they can show some activity for that year... and after that hardly anything happens for like 9 months.

Considering this 'update' was like 5 minutes max basically it point to be merely have been done so they can mark up the records to show activity at the end of this year, rather than any desire to actually do anything about this.

I personally don't abide by that 'any update is better than none' mentality, because it would be better to have games abandoned than have them kept alive to make money from patreon, with minimal updates to merely show off.
this is why I think this site needs a timeline for updates, so you can see the content droughts and spot devs that just want to milk people like lazy bones

3.40 star(s) 34 Votes