VN Ren'Py Abandoned Uncontrollable [v0.13] [DeepCarbonLabs]

3.40 star(s) 34 Votes

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
this is why I think this site needs a timeline for updates, so you can see the content droughts and spot devs that just want to milk people like lazy bones
Oh yea I absolutely agree, this site should need to leave a record of every updates rather than merely show when it a game was first posted and its latest update, because it doesn't tell you the reliability of the Dev in term of updates else than how long its been since they started and since they last update, and while that can give some indications, for example if they have been at it for 2 or 3 years but only got like 30 minutes of content, a clear indication they are bad Devs. However unless they are some of the worsts offenders possible, it can be hard to figure it out in general the difference between the average Devs and the ones milking people for money.

skadoodle21

Dec 27, 2016
The thing is a number of Devs run a pattern where they make an update toward the end of the year so that when new year roll up and some people might decide to whatever to keep up subscribing to their patreon or not as a sort of clean up, they can make those updates as a show of presence. They might make another one within a couple months in the new year so that they can show some activity for that year... and after that hardly anything happens for like 9 months.

Considering this 'update' was like 5 minutes max basically it point to be merely have been done so they can mark up the records to show activity at the end of this year, rather than any desire to actually do anything about this.

I personally don't abide by that 'any update is better than none' mentality, because it would be better to have games abandoned than have them kept alive to make money from patreon, with minimal updates to merely show off.
Context matters though, this guy was updating very very frequently (short updates tbf, but still very regularly), it was a short update but imo he has earned the benefit of the doubt for me.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
It's good to see that the DEV will at least try to continue with their game, but come on, we're almost in 2023, are you really going to use 720p image?
I know there are many people who use 720p screens, especially on cheap laptops, but 1080p should be the minimum in 2022, some DEV's are already starting to switch to 4k, and you can't say it's because of the render time, I render in 4k and compress to 1080p, and I know from experience that the render times in 4k and 1080p are about the same.

Another criticism I will give is, why not use renpy default main menu? It is much, much better than the one being used now.

As for the amount of content in this update, I won't judge, the game was already abandoned, so, for those who want to see the continuation of the story, some content is better than nothing, I just find it difficult to attract many patrons with so little content after so long, if it was already abandoned, you could take longer to come back, but come back with more content to show you're serious.

Nobody likes criticism, but this is my honest opinion, good luck with your project.
The render times aren’t close to the same. Not on Daz.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Dude. WTF are you smoking?

1080p and 4k render times are nothing alike.
The only way, if they're even using Daz, that they'd even be near the same speeds is if they just left everything at the base settings with Rendering Quality (etc.) on. Which you shouldn't do, obviously.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Ha! I hacn't considered that. It'd be one hell of a noob move but you're right. That's the only reason 4k and HD would render in the same time frame.

Reactions: MissFortune

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Context matters though, this guy was updating very very frequently (short updates tbf, but still very regularly), it was a short update but imo he has earned the benefit of the doubt for me.
Was... about 10 months ago.

V0.1 June 14, 2021
V0.2 July 23, 2021
V0.3 Aug 9, 2021
V0.4 Sept 4, 2021
V0.5 Nov 11, 2021
V0.6 Nov 25, 2021
v0.7 Jan 30, 2022
V0.8 Nov 10, 2022

skadoodle21

Dec 27, 2016
Was... about 10 months ago.

V0.1 June 14, 2021
V0.2 July 23, 2021
V0.3 Aug 9, 2021
V0.4 Sept 4, 2021
V0.5 Nov 11, 2021
V0.6 Nov 25, 2021
v0.7 Jan 30, 2022
V0.8 Nov 10, 2022
Lad you gotta read what you reply to or else its pointless arguing isn't it, i said "was" not "is", as in, he "was" updating fairly frequently, literally look at the data you posted lol he was updating monthly basically, let's see if he resumes the same update speed now that he came back.

Sr. Thomas

Jun 24, 2022
Mod Inf: Incontrolable [v0.7]​
Instalación :
[REVELACIÓN]
Descomprima el mod y coloque la carpeta llamada "juego" del mod en su carpeta.
Sobrescriba los archivos si es necesario.
[/REVELACIÓN]

CARACTERÍSTICAS :
- Breve descripción de los caminos. ayuda a continuar el juego
- agregue "IPatch Universal"
- Actualización de mod v0.7

Descargar: - - MEGA

View attachment 1392179 View attachment 1392180
[/COTIZAR]

bro, if you can update your mod.

kenzikenzi

Sep 30, 2017

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Lad you gotta read what you reply to or else its pointless arguing isn't it, i said "was" not "is", as in, he "was" updating fairly frequently, literally look at the data you posted lol he was updating monthly basically, let's see if he resumes the same update speed now that he came back.
You thought I was arguing against you? Damn, take a good look at yourself my friend.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
3.40 star(s) 34 Votes