3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
error:
Code:
Image 'd7_restaurant_smile' not found.
error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1530, in script
    driver "Oh yes sir, very hot. As a result we actually don't have very many tourists in Saint Ashley during the summer months."
Exception: Sayer 'driver' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1530, in script
    driver "Oh yes sir, very hot. As a result we actually don't have very many tourists in Saint Ashley during the summer months."
  File "$PROGRAMS/under pressure ch. 2/renpy/ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "$PROGRAMS/under pressure ch. 2/renpy/ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'driver' is not defined.

Linux-6.6.5-1-rt16-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Under Pressure Chapter2
Mon Jan  8 10:32:36 2024

Last edited:

Gerson876

Jun 26, 2020
This game had a good storyline, with few tweeks to the main character model this game could have been a success.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Judgemental much?

The dev is working on a different game and just came out with an update. What's flaky about that?
Starting new projects without finishing the one started originally ..... very flaky.

Also one of the top reasons devs never bring in the big money. Dropping a project to then start another puts people on the defensive and it's been seen time and time again.

Reactions: Summin

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Starting new projects without finishing the one started originally ..... very flaky.

Also one of the top reasons devs never bring in the big money. Dropping a project to then start another puts people on the defensive and it's been seen time and time again.
Pretty much every developer here (and many non-active developers, like me) have had a game that just didn't work out. If that's your definition of "very flaky," the term as you use it is meaningless. I'd note that Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Paul McCartney, and pretty much every artist and writer in words or song is "very flaky" by this definition.

The top reason why devs don't bring in the big money is because it is a tiny crowded market and most devs are crap at marketing themselves. Crushstation has restarted Female Agent I don't know how many times and still makes north of $60k a year, because he communicates constantly. The Architect has completed four games without abandoning any and gets $24k per year.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Pretty much every developer here (and many non-active developers, like me) have had a game that just didn't work out. If that's your definition of "very flaky," the term as you use it is meaningless. I'd note that Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Paul McCartney, and pretty much every artist and writer in words or song is "very flaky" by this definition.

The top reason why devs don't bring in the big money is because it is a tiny crowded market and most devs are crap at marketing themselves. Crushstation has restarted Female Agent I don't know how many times and still makes north of $60k a year, because he communicates constantly. The Architect has completed four games without abandoning any and gets $24k per year.
The top reason is the product connecting with people willing to spend their money.

The best marketing (an indie game dev can afford) won't turn their product into a financial success unless people really like it. You're not going to be spending enough to even think about moving the needle.

The Architect could complete 100 games but not be financially successful. Maybe that's not their aim. But if it is...

The lesson is: make content people want / desire / buy.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes