Others Abandoned Under Shmunder [v0.24] [Inventory Management]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Things I saw that I think could use fixing.

A shadow area showing where you can place the girls to work, so players aren't dragging and dropping all over hoping it works. Like My barn shows it can earn a pink thing but I can't place the girl there, I can't tell if it is because of where I try to place her, or after an event, or whatever. So I suggest an outline when someone can be placed there. (This was post crash but pre-finding galaktika)

Fast forwarding time after you place a girl to work and past the clicking of her seems to give no resources, this seems like bad design, it shouldn't give double since MC didn't do anything, but it should still give the base, also having to collect by hand seems a bit silly since it is all within the bunker.

Text on the book shouldn't be white and should try and emulate actually being on the pages.

An outline on the icons that don't get the sparkle. Like the toilet paper which is on a light background and thus hard to see.

A small tutorial telling the player they can only do things so many times a day or per day point.

Name changing for the characters would be nice.

Also why can you only work during the morning?

Having where you click not be as finnicky. Like hovering over upgrade car jumps around prior to actually being able to do it, which probably shouldn't be shown until it happens.

I think things fire out of order. Since MC mentioned that his half-sister called him so he couldn't be with Caroline, but I have no one there but MC and Caroline. Also a mention of Monica... I have no clue who that is.

The faded girl images being always on top can hide stuff behind them, so may want to not make them always on top.

Nicknaming her Car when you also have a Car to deal with seems misguided.

Also the items MC picks up around the bunker would be nice to see them. Prior to getting the blueprint.

Working in the barn creates 2 Galaktika

Ability to hide text box so you can see the images. Being it seems that a lot of the drawings sit below it. Or allow player to move it.

Explanation on what the multi colored ovals are.

Is weird to talk to the girls about specific things in specific rooms.

If using a smaller resolution text is off the screen, so 720 has the blue car's text go off screen.

Post saving sister if you go back to the city with the cottages and then press Back you get an error.
############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_city_1_events:

Unable to find any instance for object index '56' name 'obj_city_1_gui'
at gml_Object_obj_city_1_events_Alarm_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_city_1_events_Alarm_0 (line -1)

SAS!SAS

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Things I saw that I think could use fixing.

A shadow area showing where you can place the girls to work, so players aren't dragging and dropping all over hoping it works. Like My barn shows it can earn a pink thing but I can't place the girl there, I can't tell if it is because of where I try to place her, or after an event, or whatever. So I suggest an outline when someone can be placed there. (This was post crash but pre-finding galaktika)

Fast forwarding time after you place a girl to work and past the clicking of her seems to give no resources, this seems like bad design, it shouldn't give double since MC didn't do anything, but it should still give the base, also having to collect by hand seems a bit silly since it is all within the bunker.

Text on the book shouldn't be white and should try and emulate actually being on the pages.

An outline on the icons that don't get the sparkle. Like the toilet paper which is on a light background and thus hard to see.

A small tutorial telling the player they can only do things so many times a day or per day point.

Name changing for the characters would be nice.

Also why can you only work during the morning?

Having where you click not be as finnicky. Like hovering over upgrade car jumps around prior to actually being able to do it, which probably shouldn't be shown until it happens.

I think things fire out of order. Since MC mentioned that his half-sister called him so he couldn't be with Caroline, but I have no one there but MC and Caroline. Also a mention of Monica... I have no clue who that is.

The faded girl images being always on top can hide stuff behind them, so may want to not make them always on top.

Nicknaming her Car when you also have a Car to deal with seems misguided.

Also the items MC picks up around the bunker would be nice to see them. Prior to getting the blueprint.

Working in the barn creates 2 Galaktika

Ability to hide text box so you can see the images. Being it seems that a lot of the drawings sit below it. Or allow player to move it.

Explanation on what the multi colored ovals are.

Is weird to talk to the girls about specific things in specific rooms.

If using a smaller resolution text is off the screen, so 720 has the blue car's text go off screen.

Post saving sister if you go back to the city with the cottages and then press Back you get an error.
ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_city_1_events:

Unable to find any instance for object index '56' name 'obj_city_1_gui'
at gml_Object_obj_city_1_events_Alarm_0
gml_Object_obj_city_1_events_Alarm_0 (line -1)
Hey! I want to thank you for paying attention to our game and, moreover, writing a "bug report". I consider your text to be one of the most useful for us as developers. We look at the game in a completely different way compared to ordinary games, because for us most of the mechanics are obvious. Posts like yours put us on a more correct path.

We were aware of some of what you wrote and just decided to implement it in the future, since we had other goals that seemed more important to us (This applies to the tutorial, the diary and some logical errors in the script). Another part of your text is devoted to the comfort for the player (I am not a native of English and I find it difficult to find fame, but I think "quality of life" is suitable here). And this part is very interesting. I like that someone not only downloads games on this site, but also tries to help a project that interests them.

Once again, I want to thank you for your comment, such simple things are very uplifting, especially on difficult days. By the way, these multi-colored ovals are condoms (It feels like no one understands this). We will listen to what you wrote and will certainly make edits to the game, you can consider yourself involved in the development like anyone who writes something in this thread.:love::love::love:

Reactions: beingalive

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Hey! I want to thank you for paying attention to our game and, moreover, writing a "bug report". I consider your text to be one of the most useful for us as developers. We look at the game in a completely different way compared to ordinary games, because for us most of the mechanics are obvious. Posts like yours put us on a more correct path.

We were aware of some of what you wrote and just decided to implement it in the future, since we had other goals that seemed more important to us (This applies to the tutorial, the diary and some logical errors in the script). Another part of your text is devoted to the comfort for the player (I am not a native of English and I find it difficult to find fame, but I think "quality of life" is suitable here). And this part is very interesting. I like that someone not only downloads games on this site, but also tries to help a project that interests them.

Once again, I want to thank you for your comment, such simple things are very uplifting, especially on difficult days. By the way, these multi-colored ovals are condoms (It feels like no one understands this). We will listen to what you wrote and will certainly make edits to the game, you can consider yourself involved in the development like anyone who writes something in this thread.:love::love::love:
To try and make my points a bit more intelligible.

I look at this game in the same vein as fallout shelter, 60 seconds! and some similar concepts of being trapped somewhere and having to acquire resources, and deal with events.

By the shadow area, I mean a generic girl outline on the room where players can easily see this is the area to drag the character to make her work there. However the main point I had with it was that I didn't know of the quest book, and thus didn't understand how to advance the game after the crash happened. Which I tried the obvious of putting her on the barn area but she wouldn't attach there and thus I felt like I might be missing the pixel where she would go. I learned later about the talk first. However I would say the barn showing the pink condom prior to her actually talking and being able to be placed there causes confusion. Which wraps me back to the point of using an outline when a character can be placed and where to help avoid this.

The second point was that I placed the girl in the morning on a room, but was trying in the middle of trying to figure out the crash landing sequence and figured it was an X amount of days thing. Thus I fast forwarded, but when you fast forward past the "pick up" time, you don't acquire any of the items/condoms. If the girls do the work and it is in the bunker then obviously they should be able to bring back the items without the player having to click on them and hover over tiny shards of items. The items can also go behind the girl shadow outlines on the bottom of the screen which hides them. You may want to not make those girl shadows as "always on top".

Text book was that the color of the text was hard to read, it also didn't follow the curvature of the book or page splitting. I would say remove the curvature of the book and use a darker font to make it easier to read.

Outline of the icons was that the toilet paper water, etc. These icons that are on the rooms especially with lighter walls are hard to see, increased strain by if the game is not in full screen. I did read that toilet paper would not be a made item there anymore, but I stand by the statement of making icons easier to see makes for a nicer game.

Tutorials are a lot of the time bypassed by players, but they are also good and helpful to new players or people who need to remember older mechanics in a long game. First girl only wanting to work at the start of the day is confusing, it is also confusing when you visit them at a non work time but it mentions doubling resources (example is them in their room before sleep). Remove the double line for when there will be no resource gain and also a reminder of when a girl wants to work. I would say an easy way would be allowing the player to try and place a character outside of their time frame and when the player does have a dialog bubble line about them being tired or not wanting to work more, at that time, etc. Then players will remember and have an easier reminder.

Name changing, a lot of players throughout a lot of games dislike pre-made names, they may want to self-insert, or use a character they made up that has been an avatar for years, or just a funny name.

Prior to being able to upgrade the car if you hovered over it partially it would show for a fraction of time that it required 20 condoms. It seemed very finnicky, but it probably was just that it shouldn't have shown at all prior to being able to do it.

Events can fire out of order. I got to level 4 with first girl prior to ever doing barn. This means other characters were mentioned/interfered when they didn't even exist to me. The fix to this is have different versions to fire when different game states exist, or have a wall on continuation until specific requirements are fulfilled.

I think the car portion had a character nicknamed car, while also having the car called car. So it became slightly confusing.

So prior to the blueprints and fixing radio the player can pick up items around the bunker. I feel it should either be the player is given an inventory to view, or don't let them collect things until it becomes important to do so.

The 2 galaktika was that I put her in the barn and worked there, and then it made 2 of her sitting in the barn.

Ability to hide the text box. Think of things like visual novels, if you have images that go below the text box and things may be there, like lewd portions. Then it should be able to be hidden/moved.

The talking to specific people in specific rooms. Like the barn crash. Why did that conversation have to happen in the living room area? The conversation is the same if it happens over a table, or in their room. It just makes figuring out what to do more complicated for no real reason.

Not using full screen makes some text effects go off the side of the screen.

Also as the error code I got, to avoid it. Don't let the player go back once he gets the girl, just have them auto go back to the bunker.

Yes a lot of this is quality of life. You have to remember the people playing the game know nothing of it or the world/lore of it. So you need to design for humans. Imagine having to swing your phone in a 360 degree circle to open an App, that would be obvious to the developer but both non intuitive and silly to the user.

I would also suggest to look at other similar or semi-similar games in the genre to help with figuring how to design for players.

Reactions: beingalive

vikont

Feb 16, 2018
появился восклицательный знак и я не понял что делать

Divine.Imp

Dec 29, 2018
появился восклицательный знак и я не понял что делать
Недостаток ресурсов, можно нажать на бумажник и посмотреть чего мало.

SAS!SAS

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Voyeurism focus only?
Of course not. As you level up relationships with girls, access to increasingly hot scenes will open up. There will be sex soon. And after that, every girl up to level 10 of relationships will develop a certain fetish. :sneaky:

Petermanagin

Feb 3, 2019
I clicked on one of the cottage after rescuing the sister. Then got a crash, reloaded and the car is no longer available

TechTips

May 21, 2018
"if you want to craft something just click on the blueprint"

me: clicks on the blueprint with all items collected

game: nothing happens

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes