VN Ren'Py Under the Moonlight [v0.3] [M.C Games]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I still don't know. If the second part was right now, I wouldn't play it. In a month or more? I don't know. I really don't.

Peace :(
Yeah, I get you. That's exactly what I was thinking about half way through the prologue. But then, Shanon. I gotta go one more round to find out what the deal is there. By then, hopefully, it'll be a story rather than just a big question mark. Like I already said... We'll see.

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Ok. Here are my very unneeded thoughts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wish I had something nicer to say, it really seemed so in the beginning.

I wouldn't categorize it as unneeded.

And yes, perhaps that is what it seems to be to you. And that is what it was meant to be. I'm not going to argue on your point and say much against it, after all it is your point and that's perfectly fine.

It is what it is however, I prefer taking my route be it accepted or not. The game is heavily reliant and leaning on its mystery aspect. While there are some revelations ( that won't take as long as you've predicted for that matter. ) for now this is what it should be, as it should be. Nothing else I can add onto this part of your comment.

For your other statements, not nonsensical. They happen at different time period, not instantly after end of prologue. And hence it is done in such a way...

And yes, it is gonna be ''mysteries'', but not months and months of it. Tad bit dramatic!

Regarding the third scene and so called paywall, I'll say this again. I'm not sure where all these opinions and thoughts come from, that we, devs, no matter who or how good or bad. Are fucking secret millionaires? This perhaps is the most frustrating shit for me to read constantly.

If you were a dev, what would you offer to people who bother supporting you? And what would be the difference between them and you people here, who get stuff for free? It is easy to mention the term paywall, but why none of you ever mentions hours, weeks, months developers put into deving these?

Why don't you mention about $500 bill from electricity alone when you turn on DAZ and let it render and draw so much power that it makes look like your PC is nuclear powerplant? No?

Everything else you've said I can talk about and make a point on some of what you've said. Even if its not all true. But this? This part ticks me off, no offense to you personally.

So once again, what would you have me do? You still get it all, the only difference is between you and people who actually throw a bill my way that I can use towards my expenses. Which are quite numerous given the DAZ Shop prices and cost of assets and everything else, is waiting time?

So you'd crucify me for this? But what would you do in my place? I mean if you got that much money to spare, kudos to you friend. I don't have it to throw it away towards the crowds. I'm sorry.

Yeah, I get you. That's exactly what I was thinking about half way through the prologue. But then, Shanon. I gotta go one more round to find out what the deal is there. By then, hopefully, it'll be a story rather than just a big question mark. Like I already said... We'll see.
It already is friend. Just a very cryptic one, put in between the lines. Course easiest course is to ask me, and I'll spoil it for you. But I doubt you want that...

On another hand, yes, the next update should smack you with some answers.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Just like many of other pagan deities. Vast majority, characterwise, are very much human like, with their flaws and virtues. And not by any means presented as perfect like lets say a christian god.
Yep, this is true.

Nov 9, 2023
First off - text font is to small and hard to read for those of us with shit vision.
Didn't get very far into the game because of that. Girls look nice, looks dark (that's a plus).
Hopefully the font and such will change so it can be played easier.
Will check back on next update.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
First off - text font is to small and hard to read for those of us with shit vision.
Didn't get very far into the game because of that. Girls look nice, looks dark (that's a plus).
Hopefully the font and such will change so it can be played easier.
Will check back on next update.
I'll see what I can do about improving that then, sorry you've had experience with sight shit. I'll rummage about and see if I can add an option or something to deal with this issue for you.

Reactions: Rocky the Hardplace

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
It already is friend. Just a very cryptic one, put in between the lines. Course easiest course is to ask me, and I'll spoil it for you. But I doubt you want that...

On another hand, yes, the next update should smack you with some answers.
Yep, that's what I'll be hoping for... and You're correct I don't want a spoiler. I liked the writing style. The prologue is maybe a bit more of a slow simmer than I would like but, if things are gonna heat up soon... Well, it will be easy to forgive and forget; especially if it turns out to be a good adventure. :D(y);)

The tenderest meat is slow cooked. Jus' Sayin' :cool:

• Yay, new update!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Yep, that's what I'll be hoping for... and You're correct I don't want a spoiler. I liked the writing style. The prologue is maybe a bit more of a slow simmer than I would like but, if things are gonna heat up soon... Well, it will be easy to forgive and forget; especially if it turns out to be a good adventure. :D(y);)

The tenderest meat is slow cooked. Jus' Sayin' :cool:
It is, yes. Prologue was made that way as it is intended. It is meant to mess a bit with you and throw a lot of mystery and cryptic stuff your way.

But there are random clue's thrown at you during prologue. For example whole convo's with Sharon... depending just can you dig it out or not.

And yeah, no worries about it. There's some revelations heading your way, and then you can maybe tell me if that's enough for the moment or not. (y)

Reactions: motseer
Nov 9, 2023
Shift + A and set the slider.
I'll see what I can do about improving that then, sorry you've had experience with sight shit. I'll rummage about and see if I can add an option or something to deal with this issue for you.
Hey! You can change the font size in these games! Who knew? (been playing Ren'Py games for several years and never knew that :cautious:)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks! Even larger the font isn't the "best" for people like me but I can live with it ;):LOL:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
So once again, what would you have me do?
I have no qualms what so ever of you selling your work, making your money from it. Please do so, make sure you make a good living out of it. I wish ALL the best.

Let's be frank, the inclusion of a paywalled content is to try and make people curious about it to pay for it. So, while it is what it is, it is also a bad choice (in my view, obviously) to dangle a carrot and then say you have to pay for it. I hope it works for you, that you recoup your costs and more. But, I have to say it, it left me with a rather unpleasant taste in my mouth. There's probably better ways to do it, I dunno.

Did I go and ask for this content to be made available for free? No. Was it? Yes. That ends my participation on this subject. I am no more guilty of it being here as everyone else here.

I am sorry if I had to be VERY critic of this prologue. You obviously made a lot of effort on it. Yet, you made choices that will make sense in a completed game (if it will ever that be the case) but not ever on something with small releases with large waiting times. However cumulative the revelations may be, I expect that you will extend the mysteries for as long as possible. That IS the point of this.

Anyway, this is YOUR story, I can only play it or not. After this first impression, I am inclined to NOT, so far. Maybe I can get over this with time and will give the next iteration a chance. I don't know just yet.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
really , dev??? another game when you have 5 on the working + 2 abandoned, that likely will be never finished?? can't belive this

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I have no qualms what so ever of you selling your work, making your money from it. Please do so, make sure you make a good living out of it. I wish ALL the best.

Let's be frank, the inclusion of a paywalled content is to try and make people curious about it to pay for it. So, while it is what it is, it is also a bad choice (in my view, obviously) to dangle a carrot and then say you have to pay for it. I hope it works for you, that you recoup your costs and more. But, I have to say it, it left me with a rather unpleasant taste in my mouth. There's probably better ways to do it, I dunno.

Did I go and ask for this content to be made available for free? No. Was it? Yes. That ends my participation on this subject. I am no more guilty of it being here as everyone else here.

I am sorry if I had to be VERY critic of this prologue. You obviously made a lot of effort on it. Yet, you made choices that will make sense in a completed game (if it will ever that be the case) but not ever on something with small releases with large waiting times. However cumulative the revelations may be, I expect that you will extend the mysteries for as long as possible. That IS the point of this.

Anyway, this is YOUR story, I can only play it or not. After this first impression, I am inclined to NOT, so far. Maybe I can get over this with time and will give the next iteration a chance. I don't know just yet.

Dev's can't know the true nature of public opinion if no one expresses the harsh opinion. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it, big man! (y)

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Hey! You can change the font size in these games! Who knew? (been playing Ren'Py games for several years and never knew that :cautious:)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks! Even larger the font isn't the "best" for people like me but I can live with it ;):LOL:
To be fucking honest, even I didn't know you can do that. :KEK:

A lot of people share that opinion. And as I said if you have a better way, by all means, feel free to PM me or something and give me a suggestion. And if it is something that can be incorporated... I'll be damned if I don't try it.

And no, no need to be sorry about it. By all means, constructive criticism I appreciate and welcome. I'm grateful for you taking your time to write and give me your feedback, that is one of the biggest reason's I've put this here to begin with. Feedback, so I can fix and improve shit if need be.

And nah buddy, the only other active project I'm working on... I pumped out more content and faster than half the devs around here using the same engine I use for that one.

Granted DAZ as I've mentioned, this is my first try, I am learning it as I go. It is very frustrating and difficult and damn right expensive software to handle. But my waiting times are nothing in comparison to how most devs do it.

Maybe sometimes I need more and sometimes less, but my update times don't take five months. A week if I can manage, if not then a month. But that's about that.

And no, I will not extend mysteries as long as possible. I will extend those that need to be extended, I can't whoosh through the whole story and just fade it all to black. That which requires mystery and extension will get it... that doesn't mean all of it.

If anything revalations in this particular story come earlier rather than later, because it is needed for story to progress.

Dev's can't know the true nature of public opinion if no one expresses the harsh opinion. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it, big man! (y)
I absolutely agree with this, and one of the reason as I stated, is why this is here to begin with. Feedback.

really , dev??? another game when you have 5 on the working + 2 abandoned, that likely will be never finished?? can't belive this
Do I? Only current active project's I'm working on is Strings of Fate and this. With SoF having EP2 almost finished and pumped out in less than 2 months.

And yes! I do have two abandoned projects, and yes, I will abandon ten thousand of them if I have too. If I see lack of interest in a particular project, and people don't wanna play it, then why would I waste my life and my time working on it?

I'd rather go around and enjoy myself than tie myself onto my chair and stare at my screen all day for nothing. So yeah. There's that. And I'd rather abandon it then extend project' for several years and milk people off of their money like half of them here do.

So yeah... if you prefer that.. I'm sure you can subscribe to ICSTOR or something.

Any chance of a Mac-version?
I'll put it down on the list for the update. The update will be out sometime soon. I need to pump it out before Christmas anyways, I ain't working on Christmas for sure.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Do I? Only current active project's I'm working on is Strings of Fate and this. With SoF having EP2 almost finished and pumped out in less than 2 months.
You probably should make a statement in the Eden Prime thread that it's scrapped then.

Reactions: Zemax and Mystic
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes