VN Ren'Py Under the Moonlight [v0.3] [M.C Games]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Is pregnancy planned for future updates/ epilogue?
Yes.

Loving the graphics, nice story premise and no spoilers. This should be interesting.
Glad to hear so.

Damn good looking game. Thanks, MC Games. ;)

Update:
Well, a lively debate has begun. I see good points made by all. I'm more in the fat Giant camp, an avid reader for most
of my life, and now I am delving into proofreading here. That's partly why I'm confused, the VN is missing words and letters. Also, words like "nose" when what should be used is "noose". In my mind, poor grammar and punctuation do not equal mystery.
Some might not pinpoint the issue but all get that "something off here" feeling.

I'm not sure but I believe the VN was written as a story, not a VN. A story can be turned into a VN, but it goes against the writer's nature to trim down his story to work in a visual format. That's why there are screenwriters.

Just my thoughts.
-A- Debate. Yes. Some Debate. I can only participate in this shit so much and dedicate a specific portion of my time into it. After that? Not my concern anymore.

It's funny. I'm caught right in the middle of this debate between frustration and mystery/anticipation. I not only understand the points made by FatGiant but, I relate to them as well. As I read the prologue I was becoming more and more anxious about the way the MC continually reacted to the repetitive nature of mysterious people and events surrounding him. Although the writing was good enough to have me vested in the protagonist's character, I was comparing his reactions more and more unfavorably to my self image. There was a point at which I wondered if the story was going to revolve around his (lack of) mental health. When Shanon visited the second time I started wishing for choices in which I could tell her to go peddle her bullshit on the street corner because I wasn't buying.

The last scene. The cliffhanger. It was abrupt and startling. I actually didn't see it coming. But, most of all, that one moment gave enough credence to the mystery of the story that I wanted to anticipate a magical tale of adventure and discovery. So, Mystic, if I may offer a suggestion... The start of chapter one should carry the abruptness and shock of the prologue ending forward; as quickly as possible; "set the hook" as they say. JMHO :cool:
Nothing to suggest there. It was my intent to begin with buddy.

Well then that's a no for me, 'American Gods' was one of the worst things I've ever read. Author had only the barest understanding of mythologies.
I'm not him. The term inspired by something, doesn't mean you're gonna put the whole book in it. Just take bits and pieces. The rest is my own.

Syybeat

Feb 27, 2018
Please add a main menu and preferences button to the pause menu. I wanted to change settings mid-session and wasn't able to.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Please add a main menu button to the pause menu. I wanted to change settings mid-session and wasn't able to.
Right here buddy.

1700649225350.png

Present at every and any dialogue / scene. Pref for settings, main menu for main menu.

Reactions: Zemax

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Finally gets a stable Job. Model invites him to drink and the boss sees them. Gets told you have to be a professional and not interact with models outside. But then MC takes her home again? :rolleyes:
You say it like that shit wouldn't happen IRL in at least 8/10 cases, assuming the guy has the balls to put the moves on her, asks her out and doesn't start whining like a lil bitch that she out of his league. C'mon, man.:ROFLMAO: Bitches desperate for attention and clout, like newcomers to 'modelling', are willing to sell their pussies to all kinds of idiots for them, so that's not exactly shocking or unheard of.

went right to my watch list. will wait for a while for more updates to have more content
Same here. Gonna wait on it to get at least two more updates before playing it again and seeing if it's a promising game or just another epic fail/quick cash grab attempt.

Wish the dev the best of luck with their project !!

• Hey there

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, it hard to tell for sure if I am going to really like this or not from just the prologue, and a couple of extra scenes if I am really going to like this game or not, but it is an odd game, that's for sure, specially that dream at the end. Anyways, curious to see more. Thank you for this!!!

• Red Heart

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
So you're writing an american gods fanfiction?

American Gods said:
: "You've got your White, Jesuit-style Jesus, your Black African Jesus, your Mexican Jesus, and your swarthy Greek Jesus."
: "That's a lot of Jesus."
: "Well there's a lot of need for Jesus, so there is a lot of Jesus."

Last edited:
  • Hey there

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
I don´t have a clue what this "american gods" thing is. but i like the writing.
But since norse and Odin were mentioned i guess some mistery/mythology?
Anyway, regarding the paywalled content, i don´t have a problem with it. If i like what i see in the public version, then i
don´t have a problem with paying 5€ for it, obviously not in a 0.1 version, but every 2,3 updates why not?

Last edited:

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I don´t have a clue what this "american gods" thing is. but i like the writing.
But since norse and Odin were mentioned i guess some mistery?
Anyway, regarding the paywalled content, i don´t have a problem with it. If i like what i see in the public version, then i
don´t have a problem with paying 5€ for it, obviously not in a 0.1 version, but every 2,3 updates why not?
A very mind fucking book is what it is. There used to be like a TV Series or something, got cancelled. I've read something to do with a lot of racist bullshit in the background? Not sure, don't really care lol.

Well some, a lot of mystery. But a lot of it gets some light on it, especially with "Friend in Need." part and the upcoming update. That being said I did decide upon some suggestions in my PM's to rework prologue slightly, or rather mash few things together.

Either way whilst there are bits and pieces grabbed to serve as my inspiration, even throw a honored mentions to it, Neil Gaiman's writing in that book is by far different from what I have in mind for this here.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just got around to finishing the update, and huh.
First thing that came to my mind with the introduction "Monday" was the show American Gods that I saw a bit of couple of years back (it's also got that Leprechaun in the bar scene too).
I'm guessing Mystic took big inspiration from that show (or book it's based off from, though I never read it).

So here are some questions/thoughts regarding the game;

1) The whole MC is a photographer and works with models aspect is intriguing, yet we haven't seen our MC actually working with other models than Sharon despite this first update being nearly a month with his new job.
Yes, there are other models mentioned/referenced but the only one we see is Sharon.

Shouldn't we see MC working with the other models as well?
Yes, it's shown Sharon is the least problematic; implied by both MC and Sharon herself, and the model that MC feels most comfortable with.
But even so, if felt odd just seeing Sharon at work only (there's Julia, but she's MC's boss) and other models just being stated as "they exist" yet not shown.

Not like I wanted a company full of people inside always, but even so.
Instead of just saying "it's frustrating to work with them" I would have liked to have actually seen the scenes with the models who were actually being difficult, so that we get more in depth look at MC's frustration.

Also, I do hope we get to meet these other models soon (I mean sure, Sharon's alright, but there's only so many of her scenes I can see before it starts feeling repetitive).

2) My memory of the American Gods show is pretty foggy, but I do remember there being couple of factions trying to pull strings with intrigue and other stuff.
Here's hoping we can get some look inside these factions and what each are doing to gain the upper hand.

3) Despite finishing my playthrough, I never saw these two scenes which are in the previews;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's one Prologue event content "Friend in Need" which is not available, since the version on this site is public release.
Is that why the above scenes can't be seen? :unsure:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
2) My memory of the American Gods show is pretty foggy, but I do remember there being couple of factions trying to pull strings with intrigue and other stuff.
Here's hoping we can get some look inside these factions and what each are doing to gain the upper hand.
Mr. Wednesday(Odin) was trying to rally the old gods against the new american gods(Media, Technical Boy, Mr. World) who have attained great by embodying concepts and beliefs not rooted in faith but modern american passtimes(Media, obviously, mass media, technical boy is computers and the internet) and beliefs(Mr. World comes from conspiracy theories like the new world order). Both sides want shadow(the mc). I'm not sure why exactly but if my memory serves he was becoming a god or something like. One that would be a danger to either side.

Reactions: JJJ84

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Just got around to finishing the update, and huh.
First thing that came to my mind with the introduction "Monday" was the show American Gods that I saw a bit of couple of years back (it's also got that Leprechaun in the bar scene too).
I'm guessing Mystic took big inspiration from that show (or book it's based off from, though I never read it).

So here are some questions/thoughts regarding the game;

1) The whole MC is a photographer and works with models aspect is intriguing, yet we haven't seen our MC actually working with other models than Sharon despite this first update being nearly a month with his new job.
Yes, there are other models mentioned/referenced but the only one we see is Sharon.

Shouldn't we see MC working with the other models as well?
Yes, it's shown Sharon is the least problematic; implied by both MC and Sharon herself, and the model that MC feels most comfortable with.
But even so, if felt odd just seeing Sharon at work only (there's Julia, but she's MC's boss) and other models just being stated as "they exist" yet not shown.

Not like I wanted a company full of people inside always, but even so.
Instead of just saying "it's frustrating to work with them" I would have liked to have actually seen the scenes with the models who were actually being difficult, so that we get more in depth look at MC's frustration.

Also, I do hope we get to meet these other models soon (I mean sure, Sharon's alright, but there's only so many of her scenes I can see before it starts feeling repetitive).

3) Despite finishing my playthrough, I never saw these two scenes which are in the previews;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's one Prologue event content "Friend in Need" which is not available, since the version on this site is public release.
Is that why the above scenes can't be seen? :unsure:
Yep I did, though it will slowly drift away my way. As I said Neil's fantasy aspect in that book is not nearly enough for my taste. Nor other certain things he wrote.

To answer your question tho...

1st. Yeah, possible. But I didn't want to make irrelevant characters and waste production time on doing that, rendering with DAZ is very time consuming as it is. It isn't like HS2 per se where you can smack a button and bang! Honestly this software is a headache. Also, since the Main Character was gonna switch the spots for jobs anyways, I didn't deem it necessary to involve people from there. Because it would make it hard for me to make reason and excuse why are they at other spot as well.

But yeah you do meet some others starting Chapter I.

2. You don't need memory of it. You absolutely don't need to know a damn thing about it for the game, why would you? It is going to be and it IS very different. As for gettin a look inside the factions... relatively so, yeah. Can't really show and tell it all.

3. Those two are characters that pop about Chapter I. So, you'll see them quickly enough given my speed at the moment.

Reactions: JJJ84
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes