VN Ren'Py Completed Under the Moonlight [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

4.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Wow.. so short. o_O

And I think that everything is a dream? Or why does his room lead into a forest instead of the hallway we saw earlier? That is confusing because the game cuts off before we get a resolution.

The art is great and the girls look amazing ... to bad there is no content even in a 0.2. Yes when you pick both (?) path its at least some content, but still - not much.

So the one girl feels like a dream sequence and the other might be some patient with schizophrenia....

Reactions: Arisushi

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
The girl is very beautiful but the op doesn't give me any idea what the game is about so I think I pass.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
why does his room lead into a forest instead of the hallway we saw earlier?
Yeah, sorry about that.

That was poor planning on my end as a writer.

It is a back door - originally supposed to lead into a common area behind the inn, the forest was supposed to come even further behind.

But in order to save the artist the trouble (of creating a common area that connected those rooms), I just changed it as a backdoor leading directly to the forest.

But I can see how that might create such a confusion or just seem plain silly. I don't know if it is possible (as I'll have to ask the artist first), but we'll try to fix that in the next update.

---

Really glad to hear you liked the art. The artist took a lot of care in making those scenes.

As for the short content, I've explained our reasoning as best as I could in here and here.

Hopefully our decision will feel justified (and the game will feel like a complete experience) when the final update is released :)

Kir_Laurentis

Dec 2, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, I understand that this is a pirate site, but it may be enough to complain that the game updates are too short. It is more logical to support the author on the corresponding resource site, then the updates of the game will be longer and fatter. Since the release of the game, a month has passed and one patreon of the game-now think about it and draw conclusions from it....

Reactions: Ginji and travin213
D

Deleted member 3362807

This is different, feels different, but I really like it.
The story isn't part of the usuals, which is nice, and the rendering and grammar are great also.
Can't want for more.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
To whomever deleted my pic of David Bowie approving of the mysterious moonlight for being "off topic", you are dead wrong.

David Bowie is NEVER off topic, you damned philistine! :LOL:

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
To whomever deleted my pic of David Bowie approving of the mysterious moonlight for being "off topic", you are dead wrong.

David Bowie is NEVER off topic, you damned philistine! :LOL:
Wait, do moderators also handle the individuals comments in threads? (Because I most definitely did not do anything)

Or is it something like - someone reports something and it's automatically removed (or hidden until reviewed)?

Last edited:

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Wait, do moderators also handle the individuals comments in threads? (Because I most definitely did not do anything)

Or is it something like - someone reports something and it's automatically removed (or hidden until reviewed)?
Probably removed because it was a picture without any text and they consider that a meme, low effort posting, and purge it.

I'm not actually upset about it, tho. Well, maybe a little. It's Bowie, FFS. Lol

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Probably removed because it was a picture without any text and they consider that a meme, low effort posting, and purge it.

I'm not actually upset about it, tho. Well, maybe a little. It's Bowie, FFS. Lol
Ah.. I see. Thank you for clarifying.

(And yes, feeling a little upset over the Bowie image being taken down is quite understandable too :LOL:)

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Ah.. I see. Thank you for clarifying.

(And yes, feeling a little upset over the Bowie image being taken down is quite understandable too :LOL:)
Yeah my comment got deleted as well. Not sure how it was "Off-Topic" considering it was literally about the game lol.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Yeah my comment got deleted as well. Not sure how it was "Off-Topic" considering it was literally about the game lol.
That's disappointing to hear.

I'm sure the mods have their reasons to run such a tight ship. Still, as a developer, it is a bit disheartening to know that some of the player's opinions about our work are being removed.

Sterkh90

Sep 18, 2018
As for our future plans, once we successfully complete UTM in a few more months, we will start working on a much longer project.
We are making this game purely to put our name out there in the scene.
As for the other thing you mentioned, the entire story has already been fixed. So we can guarantee this game will not be affected by trying to impress any particular preference.
I definitely respect this approach.(y)

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.2 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
I'm not sure, but people who are complaining about it being too short might not realize that just one choice takes you completely different directions. Technically there are two stories here.

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I'm not sure, but people who are complaining about it being too short might not realize that just one choice takes you completely different directions. Technically there are two stories here.
Yes, each selection in the game will lead you to different endings so it's a good idea to save the game before you choose an action.

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
The newest update is ready, this is a pretty short update, but we assure it has enough meat in it to warrant a separate release.

We really pushed ourselves to deliver this one early. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as much as we did when making it.

There are some pretty significant events happening in it and we really hope you enjoy the direction UTM takes, as it nears the climax.

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
well. idk what exactly expect from this game, with few tags and "mysteriouse" overview....

4.00 star(s) 11 Votes