Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

acarobasito

Sep 10, 2020
That's not the problem, the game is using all available GPU resources regardless of graphic settings or what FPS you limit to through NVIDIA control panel and running the card far hotter than necessary. I'm not risking my GPU any further on this game until some sort of optimization is done.
What are your ° after 30 minutes?

Vexstear

Jan 7, 2019
Still trying to figure out how to disable the subs. Someone said that you have to set up a key, but other than the QTE keys config, I don't see shit. I must be blind or this is really hard to find... :(

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
That's not the problem, the game is using all available GPU resources regardless of graphic settings or what FPS you limit to through NVIDIA control panel and running the card far hotter than necessary. I'm not risking my GPU any further on this game until some sort of optimization is done.
This. Basically pushing my card to constant 85C and throwing fans to 100% to keep it under any sort of normal-like temperature. Very loud and don't want to risk my hardware.

What are your ° after 30 minutes?
My GPU hops to 85C in about a minute and ramps fans to max. This is on a triple fan 2080.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
has anyone tried to tell the dev that the game is killing the gpu?
at the end of the day he's new to tackling games with high gpu demand, and he's doing this solo, he might need some proper feedback and some guidance with this I like the game and the scenes are just about my thing but risking a +1000$ hardware for it, at the end of the day isn't worth it....it's a miracle his rig hasn't broke-down yet
even Elden Ring hasn't used 100% of my laptop...

acarobasito

Sep 10, 2020
Laptop and gaming are a bad combo and the game it's not optimized.

The god news Is that even if your GPU reach a temp of 80°, probably it's not going to die. I'using a 5 years old RX-480 reference for playing the game and after all theese years it's still there.

You should also think that usuanlly you don't play this game for long periodo of times. You can unlock all the scenes in about 3-4 hours and after that you don't keep It running for more that 40 minutes...

Last edited:

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
Is there any way to lock the FPS to 60? That's the culprit, I think. Unlimited FPS, so it uses as much of your GPU as it can.

Mawang

Jul 14, 2019
Is there any way to lock the FPS to 60? That's the culprit, I think. Unlimited FPS, so it uses as much of your GPU as it can.
I remember for the old version with the Dealer witch you could somehow do it in game config files.
Buet regardless of that, you can do it via your video drivers.
For NVIDIA it's: Go to NVIDIA control panel -> 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings tab -> Click "Add" -> select the executable for Under The Witch -> Select "Max Frame Rate" from the list and set it to whatever is comfortable for your hardware, then hit "Apply".
I haven't used AMD in a hot minute, but I'm sure their drivers can let you do the same.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 102 Votes