Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes
Jan 1, 2018
View attachment 1720338

Downloaded the game 3 times, but i keep getting this error. Is this something someone else is experiecing or is it maybe something do to with my pc ? Obs: i've already played older versions of the game, and this problem never occured.
I managed to solve this issue by deleting the save file on C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Lake\Saved\SaveGames and it start working again.

honwo

Jul 30, 2018
btw, if anybody know how to enable vr in unreal engine based-games well, let me know mee to! ^^
The developer has to enable the VR-specific plugins in Unreal Engine when building the game, this can allow a modder to mod in VR support. Outside of that, it would be up to the developer to include VR support.

Last edited:

succxess1

May 4, 2021
Can we have like an FAQ in the OP to specify that the latest in progress build doesn't yet have the dealer witch content which they have to download 1.4 to play? Because it seems every other post in this thread is someone asking the same question over and over.
EDIT: And it's always their only post on this site.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

lurker-101

Jun 18, 2020
I have been playing this on a 2016 asus strix with a 1070 and i7 6th gen cpu. Makes the laptop sound like its about to take off but playable. But I can see it being a struggle for some, plus its being developed on Unreal so I think it can be optimized once most content is developed.

redearth

Feb 21, 2019
great game. Am supporting and will continue to do so. Would love to see full weight face trampling with big feet & long toes. Also, I'd like to make the protagonist even smaller to accentuate the dominance. That would be a great option

ryntatuan

May 31, 2021
Can anyone teach me how to defeat Alice? She always use H-skills and I dont know how to avoid it.
Tks in advance.

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
Laptop and gaming are a bad combo and the game it's not optimized.

The god news Is that even if your GPU reach a temp of 80°, probably it's not going to die. I'using a 5 years old RX-480 reference for playing the game and after all theese years it's still there.

You should also think that usuanlly you don't play this game for long periodo of times. You can unlock all the scenes in about 3-4 hours and after that you don't keep It running for more that 40 minutes...
No matter what it's unoptimized to ramp your GPU this high. It's not healthy for the fans and it'll start thermal throttling. It needs an FPS limit or some other factor to stop it from doing what it does.
Laptops and gaming go together very well nowadays as long as they have adequate cooling, which most gaming laptops from my experience do just fine.

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
I remember for the old version with the Dealer witch you could somehow do it in game config files.
Buet regardless of that, you can do it via your video drivers.
For NVIDIA it's: Go to NVIDIA control panel -> 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings tab -> Click "Add" -> select the executable for Under The Witch -> Select "Max Frame Rate" from the list and set it to whatever is comfortable for your hardware, then hit "Apply".
I haven't used AMD in a hot minute, but I'm sure their drivers can let you do the same.
I tried this and it does nothing. Setting game scale to 50% through game options helps, but you're turning 1080p into 540p.

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
I'm wondering how the original game had no issues compared to this one. It doesn't cook my GPU. I assume it's to do with the open-world aspect of the new version, seeing as you just 1v1d Dealer in the first version.

acarobasito

Sep 10, 2020
I'm wondering how the original game had no issues compared to this one. It doesn't cook my GPU. I assume it's to do with the open-world aspect of the new version, seeing as you just 1v1d Dealer in the first version.
In 1.4 you have no map around.

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes