Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

Estella69

Dec 24, 2017
Creator said:

"This month, I've been working on various things for the alpha release in April. I was mainly working on the UI and other details.

The first alpha version will be released in April as planned!

I think it will be at the end of April.

As the release is near, I'd like to keep the information to a minimum and concentrate on the production, so that's all for now...

Thank you for your continued support m(_ _)m."

God why does it have to be at the end of April:cry: well we have to wait for it....

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Someone knows what direction took this game ? It was really a perfect start in 2019, but I don't know since what's going on.
It's seems to go from a turn per turn RPG to an open world, do you know more ?
Did the dev get some employees ?

Sep 15, 2020
Calling it now. It's going to be a near empty overworld map you can walk around in, like, 4 actual scenes and....that's it. Maybe a fluff menu or two to buy potions.
i didnt make any games but i think most of time and effort went to the game's base mechanics and world. so my guess is later updates will take less time

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Fatal756

Apr 30, 2020
i didnt make any games but i think most of time and effort went to the game's base mechanics and world. so my guess is later updates will take less time
They said on their patreon that after releasing the alpha they would start making monthly updates.
(I think, I haven't looked at the patreon in a little while)

Yonilicious

Jan 2, 2020
What a scam
Dude, there's a big difference between a scam and a massive undertaking by a tiny dev team. Just because you can spend money on something which isn't much of a product yet doesn't make it a scam; the Patreon is there to support the development. If you threw money at them and expected a finished game that's on you. Good games take a long time to build, especially 3D ones. Chill out and have some patience like the rest of us yo.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
What a scam
I am guessing you are not even a supporter?

Dude, there's a big difference between a scam and a massive undertaking by a tiny dev team. Just because you can spend money on something which isn't much of a product yet doesn't make it a scam; the Patreon is there to support the development. If you threw money at them and expected a finished game that's on you. Good games take a long time to build, especially 3D ones. Chill out and have some patience like the rest of us yo.
Agreed with this right here (Aside from the part about not expecting a finished game).

Yonilicious

Jan 2, 2020
Agreed with this right here (Aside from the part about not expecting a finished game).
Curious as to why you don't agree with not expecting a finished game when signing up as a patron. This sort of system is by no means new, and unless stated somewhere that an alpha/beta is available it's on the supporter to read the membership descriptions to know what to expect. It clearly states on the Patreon tiers "Access to alpha version. (in preparing)" which isn't exactly the best English but it still easily translates to "Access to the alpha (which is still being prepared)". One should know before spending money that they're only funding the developer and won't get much other than the demo fight we've all played until it's ready.

Sure it's taken a long time since the last build release and I completely understand how some people may think "ahhh he's gonna do a runner with our money", which shows why there is value in regular releases (as it proves the project is still being worked on) but as far as I understand NumericGazer is building the game that exists outside of the battles as well as new battles, and depending on how he's approaching this it could mean it's totally unplayable until a lot of things are finished. I'm no expert but I'd assume if a playable build could have been released by now it would have been. But hey that's just my two cents on the matter! :)

toon667

Aug 21, 2019
What most people complain about is that the work isn't being done fast enough but they really don't understand how much time and work is needed to actually complete a project like this. Sure it could be done faster but not with the level of quality that made people fall in love with the first demo and the project. I always see people complaining about it in game development.

For those that don't understand here's an image to make it clearer.

10 mins.jpg

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes