Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes
May 25, 2017
What most people complain about is that the work isn't being done fast enough but they really don't understand how much time and work is needed to actually complete a project like this. Sure it could be done faster but not with the level of quality that made people fall in love with the first demo and the project. I always see people complaining about it in game development.

For those that don't understand here's an image to make it clearer.

View attachment 1129242
Plus there's the coding. Dear god the coding. If just one tiny thing breaks, thousands of lines of code have to be gone through just to find the problem.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Curious as to why you don't agree with not expecting a finished game when signing up as a patron. This sort of system is by no means new, and unless stated somewhere that an alpha/beta is available it's on the supporter to read the membership descriptions to know what to expect. It clearly states on the Patreon tiers "Access to alpha version. (in preparing)" which isn't exactly the best English but it still easily translates to "Access to the alpha (which is still being prepared)". One should know before spending money that they're only funding the developer and won't get much other than the demo fight we've all played until it's ready.

Sure it's taken a long time since the last build release and I completely understand how some people may think "ahhh he's gonna do a runner with our money", which shows why there is value in regular releases (as it proves the project is still being worked on) but as far as I understand NumericGazer is building the game that exists outside of the battles as well as new battles, and depending on how he's approaching this it could mean it's totally unplayable until a lot of things are finished. I'm no expert but I'd assume if a playable build could have been released by now it would have been. But hey that's just my two cents on the matter! :)
If I'm putting money toward a game I expect to get a game at the end of the development. That said, I understand that coding can be difficult and that feature creep can make a game take longer.

At least he's taking the time to polish things. People always think of Cyberpunk 2077 when they talk about delay horrors, but I will always remember how beautiful DOOM: Eternal was at release because they delayed it for 5 months.
I was never into CyberPunk but I remember seeing the sh*tfest mentioned all over F95Zone when it came out.

Yonilicious

Jan 2, 2020
If I'm putting money toward a game I expect to get a game at the end of the development.
That's on you buddy, I personally see it as so:
  • If the game is early in it's development cycle: It's pretty much a Kickstarter, regardless of what platform it's being funded on.. You pay at your own risk and patiently hope for great things. Or you don't pay at all. But imo a game developer should definitely be allowed to request funding at this stage, just shouldn't be too expectant of much.
  • If the game is mid-late development cycle: Yay! It's a win/win. You probably get an alpha build to play and test, and the developer gets more funding because they've got a reward for supporters.
Both are valid. Expecting every fundable project to be near completion is just silly, but nobody is forcing your hand to spend a dime. If you do spend money and expect a complete game when it clearly isn't even nearly finished, that's your problem and yours alone. Many games wouldn't exist without their initial funding and no game starts off nearly complete!

May 25, 2017
Guys, the facts speak for themselves, whether it'S a CP2077 or a Subverse, the shit is always the same.

And we're all complicit in that shit.

It would also be time to stop with the banalities and start growing a couple of balls.
And once again, I bring up DOOM: Eternal. Another game set with a massive delay that turned out to be the best, most polished FPS that we've gotten in a LONG time. It's release date was November 2019 before it was delayed to March 2020.

Delays aren't always a bad thing, but I'll concede that they're also not always a good thing either. However, I really wish we'd stop saying the release is absolutely going to be shit and the game might as well be dead just because the dev wanted to take a bit more time developing it.

This isn't Malice and the Machine... yet. At least give the new release a chance to actually release before we write it off.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
You people are too heated over a game you are not even paying for. If it updates, cool. If it doesn't, who cares its not like you wasted money on it.
This right here! There is nothing like free to bring out the choosing beggar mindset.

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes