4.20 star(s) 33 Votes

keeptemo

Mar 10, 2018
I downloaded the most recent version and had no issues whatsoever. Just want to shoutout to the creator of this amazing gem.

Caitlyn & Sasha, are a 10/10.

Reactions: VOYEUR

CrimsonAxisStudio

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Hi CrimsonAxisStudio, I think these are becoming more common with the current update of the Renpy game creator app. Since the update many people like me and others are experiencing loading issues very similar to one another. Somehow it has broken the games that are created in Renpy's previous version. I had found a work around my entering the games Console by hitting the shift key while the game loads. Once in it in the renderer section I chose "Force Angle Renderer" then closed the console and restarted it. Once this is done the game opens up without any issue at all and can be played. Though what tends to happen to some of these games the creators don't allow console access into the game so it can not be fixed manually with the trick I learned. One of my fave games had a similar issue and the game creator was kind enough to restack his game in the previous version of Renpy and allow those who had problems opening the game to finally play it without any issue. If the game creator doesn't want to go through this extra effort, or grant access into the game console, the only other way I have determined as an alternative is to download an Android emulator and download the android version of the game. This also has problems if the author of the game hasn't created an android version of it. Hope this information helps you with what some of your game's fans are running into trying to access your current updates of the game.
There was a release of renpy yesterday, so I'm going to update and repackage and see if this issue has been addressed. I'll have to see if I can find an old version of renpy if this doesn't work for those that are having this issue. I'll update the thread after the new version has been released. I'm also going to add two videos, fix the bug during the dad event, and fix a resizing issue during the Kat event.

As for console command enabling, I can't seem to find a good way to do it, and I would like to avoid it if possible. I just seems to open up a lot of game abuse that could happen down the road, but we'll see if this works or not.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Checking number 0.0.1

Checking tabs: a lot of things
Checking size... ~1.7GB...

Is numbering a joke, seriously? :p The game looks interesting, never the less.

• Haha
Reactions: CrimsonAxisStudio

CrimsonAxisStudio

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Checking number 0.0.1

Checking tabs: a lot of things
Checking size... ~1.7GB...

Is numbering a joke, seriously? :p The game looks interesting, never the less.
My first iteration was 0.0.05, which was a 20-30 minute demo.

Next iteration was sandbox, which people didn't like, 0.0.08. Was 08 since it didn't really include much content, but just the sandbox backend.

Next iteration was the VN switch, 0.0.08a, which was received much better.

This update brings me to what, I feel, is a decent start with a decent amount of gameplay. I honestly don't like it when I play a game that is a .1 or .2 or even a .3 and you may get 30 mins of gameplay out of it. Feel like I've been cheated as a player. I just want people to know that there may not be an extensive amount of gameplay and that they may want to wait if they want a couple hours of content.

With it now being .1, and you can expect an hour or so of gameplay, I'm comfortable with where it's at.

As for size, I am looking into compression methods and it should shrink next update, since it's already getting too big and I plan to add thousands more renders and hundreds of videos/clips before I'm done.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
My first iteration was 0.0.05, which was a 20-30 minute demo.

Next iteration was sandbox, which people didn't like, 0.0.08. Was 08 since it didn't really include much content, but just the sandbox backend.

Next iteration was the VN switch, 0.0.08a, which was received much better.

This update brings me to what, I feel, is a decent start with a decent amount of gameplay. I honestly don't like it when I play a game that is a .1 or .2 or even a .3 and you may get 30 mins of gameplay out of it. Feel like I've been cheated as a player. I just want people to know that there may not be an extensive amount of gameplay and that they may want to wait if they want a couple hours of content.

With it now being .1, and you can expect an hour or so of gameplay, I'm comfortable with where it's at.

As for size, I am looking into compression methods and it should shrink next update, since it's already getting too big and I plan to add thousands more renders and hundreds of videos/clips before I'm done.

OK, I will bite the bait and reply, with all honesty. I agree with what you say but:
- This is not numbered 0.1 it is numbered 0.0.1.
- I haven't played yet, just downloaded, and I see ~870 files in the images. I also see several animations. If every image is used for like 10 seconds we are at 8700 seconds or 2 1/2 hours not 1 hour. You should not confuse how much time it takes for you the developer to go through it with how much it would take a player to get through it.
Disclaimer: I have not played the game yet. But saying 870 images = 1 hour of gameplay is IMO a gross underestimation.

Now, I get what you're saying. Just throwing my two cents there, that you are under-selling your own game. Nothing wrong with the way you number it. I just... found it funny to have a game of that size marketed as 0.0.1

I wish you all luck in future development, your dedication is promising.

lorenzo110

Jul 25, 2020
There was a release of renpy yesterday, so I'm going to update and repackage and see if this issue has been addressed. I'll have to see if I can find an old version of renpy if this doesn't work for those that are having this issue. I'll update the thread after the new version has been released. I'm also going to add two videos, fix the bug during the dad event, and fix a resizing issue during the Kat event.

As for console command enabling, I can't seem to find a good way to do it, and I would like to avoid it if possible. I just seems to open up a lot of game abuse that could happen down the road, but we'll see if this works or not.

Thank you for your honest and proactive view on this issue. I am not sure what older version it is, but I can tell you it was the version that didn't have the two executable options for the game, the 64 or 32 bit icons. It may be two versions back. I have never created a game in Renpy, so I'm not familiar with the console issue. But I respect your view on how you want to present your game and its creation. As far as the problem is concerned I want to say that it's due to the new version of Renpy running at a higher graphics output. Changing the render option to a lower version seems to resolve the issue and make it compatible for graphic cards that are not the latest high end requirement for the updated Renpy game creator software. Hope this bit of info helps. It's an exceptional game you are creating with lots of potential and hope I am able to continue playing it, I would hate to put it in my dead game folder. Thank you for your help in trying to resolve this issue.

CrimsonAxisStudio

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
OK, I will bite the bait and reply, with all honesty. I agree with what you say but:
- This is not numbered 0.1 it is numbered 0.0.1.
- I haven't played yet, just downloaded, and I see ~870 files in the images. I also see several animations. If every image is used for like 10 seconds we are at 8700 seconds or 2 1/2 hours not 1 hour. You should not confuse how much time it takes for you the developer to go through it with how much it would take a player to get through it.
Disclaimer: I have not played the game yet. But saying 870 images = 1 hour of gameplay is IMO a gross underestimation.

Now, I get what you're saying. Just throwing my two cents there, that you are under-selling your own game. Nothing wrong with the way you number it. I just... found it funny to have a game of that size marketed as 0.0.1

I wish you all luck in future development, your dedication is promising.

There's a number of different software numbering systems, and that's just the one I went with. I honestly couldn't tell my reasoning now, but that could always be changed in the future.

I'm using times that have been told to me by folks who have played it, but I guess it all depends on how quickly a person reads, as well. I'm sure there's going to be some that take longer.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Enjoying the game overall, was hoping the bubbly waitress was Kayla when first saw her but was disappointed. Honestly Kayla's model kinda freaks me out...kind a cross between Corpse Bride and Meg Ryan (post plastic surgery).

I'm hoping (writing this right after she's introduced) that this club is a supernatural one and she turns out to be a Selkie, Rusalka, or some such as it fits her appearance.

Reactions: _exodus_

CrimsonAxisStudio

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Enjoying the game overall, was hoping the bubbly waitress was Kayla when first saw her but was disappointed. Honestly Kayla's model kinda freaks me out...kind a cross between Corpse Bride and Meg Ryan (post plastic surgery).

I'm hoping (writing this right after she's introduced) that this club is a supernatural one and she turns out to be a Selkie, Rusalka, or some such as it fits her appearance.
Bubbly waitress will make a comeback. I didn't spend all that time on that model for no reason. =p

And if you pay attention, you might notice something near the beginning of the club scene. Someone familiar, perhaps.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Bubbly waitress will make a comeback. I didn't spend all that time on that model for no reason. =p

And if you pay attention, you might notice something near the beginning of the club scene. Someone familiar, perhaps.
The doorman looked like a beefier version of someone met previously. Rather fitting if that is the same dude, portal maker/doorman. I suppose the stacked blonde could be Eva in a wig but if it's neither of them I've got no clue.

Purple girl in the line reminded me of Trance Gemini from Andromeda though albeit with a hairstyle we see twice in game thus far and no tail (that we've seen).

Very happy to hear we'll see Bubbly again.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dad hogged all of the family to himself ... magik glowy eyes will do that.
I am legitimately shocked there isn't an incest patch for this... lol
Then he still be making you watch his spils ..
Be greatful he not be streaming his shenaingans straight into your mind, dreams, being ... that would be historically tragic ... no?
In the authors notes on the first page, I state to ignore the variables that pop up. Those will be changed in the update after next. Those are a remnant of sandbox, but removing them takes time that I would rather dedicate to fleshing out the content of the game. It is on my radar, however.

I do believe that MC's Dad stated that the Stone brings out people's emotions, but I will review and ensure that it is as clear as needed.

Eventually, there will be more options on how the MC reacts and what happens with who, allowing the player to make their own choices and live with the consequences. However, everytime a choice is made, that scene then branches, leading to a different scene. Each render may take 20 mins to a few hours (the club scene was straight hell to render) and a scene may have 30 to 100 renders, which means I need to pick and choose which choices and options to include during each update, or I'll end up with an update that doesn't really go anywhere, is incredibly unexciting, and will be detrimental to the health of the game.

As I did during the Evening Party scene with this update, in which the player can choose to go find Sasha instead of engaging with Claudia and Emma entirely, I do plan on adding quite a few scenes during those first two days. I expect the first 2-3 days will end up being double or triple the currently 780ish renders currently in this build.

As for body type, you can refer to the new banner and, I believe it represents a decent spectrum of body types for the main romancable characters, of which that is only a small portion of the total planned characters that MC will meet and interact with.

Can you be more specific on where the MC shifts into player? That is something I would like to review.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit:

Character development is also somewhat difficult for me, as writing is not really my strong suit. Thanks for that feedback, I will strive to improve that aspect of the game.

As for teleporting, some of that dead space between scenes will be filled with other activities in future updates, so that should help somewhat. I'm also trying to avoid the MC incessantly talking to himself during times of the game where there aren't other characters on screen. I've played some of those games and I don't really like that very much. I will make an attempt in the future to add some "travel" renders between scenes though, to ease the feeling of teleporting.
Um .. since MC gets kicked out of the family ... is DAD the obvious antagonist?

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Love the red head 2nd from the right in the OP banner. Hope she has that beautiful pale white skin in the game as well.

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes