UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Its coming close to the time to give it the abandoned tag for sure
So I'm kind of curious. You know that the dev is working on two games. His last update on Patreon regarding this game was in late February. And he was active with regard to his other game there in late April.

To be abandoned the dev has to have been absent from here or Patreon, or other such sites for six months. Cleary he has not been. So why are you salivating for this game to be declared abandoned? At this time that tag would clearly be inappropriate. What's your issue?

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
So I'm kind of curious. You know that the dev is working on two games. His last update on Patreon regarding this game was in late February. And he was active with regard to his other game there in late April.

To be abandoned the dev has to have been absent from here or Patreon, or other such sites for six months. Cleary he has not been. So why are you salivating for this game to be declared abandoned? At this time that tag would clearly be inappropriate. What's your issue?
The devs said they would work on both which was clearly a damn lie.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

The six month rule has been changed. He hasn't talked about the game for almost 3 months, which is when an abandoned prefix gets added. You can go up to 18 months without an update, but there still needs to be a sign of life for the game Ie them talking about it on patreon. Everything they've posted since the end of February is about the other game. At least thats how I understand the new set of rules for the abandoned prefix.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The devs said they would work on both which was clearly a damn lie.
I can understand your frustration. One of my favorite VNs hasn't seen an update in close to two years because the dev's other game is pulling roughly 6 times the support. His other game is okay, but his first game is, in my opinion, fantastic.

Based on their Patreon posts, the devs are more communicative on their other game, but their site doesn't distinguish between support for one game or the other. They've made multiple updates to the other game since the last one here. Looks bad, but they could be working on both.

We're playing games in development. All we can do is wait and see. - That said. By the rules, this game hasn't been abandoned. YET...

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The six month rule has been changed. He hasn't talked about the game for almost 3 months, which is when an abandoned prefix gets added. You can go up to 18 months without an update, but there still needs to be a sign of life for the game Ie them talking about it on patreon. Everything they've posted since the end of February is about the other game. At least thats how I understand the new set of rules for the abandoned prefix.
I didn't see the rule change, but March, April, and we're still in the first week of May. Barely more than two months. I don't play female protagonist games, so I share the frustration of folks here. But it's way too early for the abandoned tag.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I didn't see the rule change, but March, April, and we're still in the first week of May. Barely more than two months. I don't play female protagonist games, so I share the frustration of folks here. But it's way too early for the abandoned tag.
Like 15-20 days, thats fairly close in my books.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Like 15-20 days, thats fairly close in my books.
I doubt that a mod is going to declare a VN abandoned when the dev is very active on Patreon solely because he/she/they haven't specifically commented on this VN. I would hope that before so doing they would at least send a message to ask about the status of this VN.

Hey maybe I'm wrong. As I said I'm as frustrated as you, but lowering the bar for declaring a VN/game abandoned serves no one's best interest.

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
They aren’t even pretending that they are working of this thing anymore so I think it’s pretty clear where their focus is. I’ve seen this situation before and if they don’t straight up abandon this, they probably gonna end up releasing a half ass update of like 100 renders and a couple of animations every six month or so…

Personal opinion but honestly their other game looks like the most uninspired shit ever

Last edited:

sdno

May 22, 2022
so if dev will not update first game for long time, but is throwing updates of his other game the first is not abandoned/onhold?:unsure:

list101

Mar 18, 2019
It's version 1.01 yet it feels like a demo made by amateurs - barely has any contents for more than 15 min play and finishes abruptly after the first day.
Very unexpected indeed!

sdno

May 22, 2022
It's version 1.01 yet it feels like a demo made by amateurs - barely has any contents for more than 15 min play and finishes abruptly after the first day.
Very unexpected indeed!
It is practicaly reworked demo.... More sad is that that game have more than year of "developement"

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
13 days to abandoned?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Since you haven't been around long I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and not assuming you're a troll. To avoid the abandoned tag the dev only has to either participate here or post an update on one of the various funding sites that indicates the game is under development and providing a minimum progress report.

There is NO requirement to release an update every six months. One of the finest VN on this site, largely because of its growth in complexity, can be expected to release roughly once a year. But the dev provides regular progress reports and his fan base understand his challenges.

So we will all see how this transpires. After all what are you seeking? An abandoned tag or an update on the status of a game you presumably follow? Just asking.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

sdno

May 22, 2022
Since you haven't been around long I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and not assuming you're a troll. To avoid the abandoned tag the dev only has to either participate here or post an update on one of the various funding sites that indicates the game is under development and providing a minimum progress report.

There is NO requirement to release an update every six months. One of the finest VN on this site, largely because of its growth in complexity, can be expected to release roughly once a year. But the dev provides regular progress reports and his fan base understand his challenges.

So we will all see how this transpires. After all what are you seeking? An abandoned tag or an update on the status of a game you presumably follow? Just asking.
tought by rules that it is 6 month when update should be done...how exactly u can know that it is not abandoned/on hold even when developer posting that he is "working" on it?

and to your ask it depend if there will be update and if i like it of course

hash19

Jun 4, 2017

UNEXPECTED - Status Update #13
Hi guys!
It's time to get out of this period where we focused on PERSEVERANCE. We would like to emphasize again that now all our focus is on UNEXPECTED. PERSEVERANCE will continue with short updates. But our priority will be UNEXPECTED. PERSEVERANCE several episodes are ready. Apart from the scene designs of only a few episodes, it will be published by going through the rendering and testing processes.
And now let's get to the primary concern! UNEXPECTED: v1.1.0 will be released very soon. Note that a second version will also be released shortly.
What does this mean?

v1.1.0 - UNEXPECTED: Backstage
Will be included in v1.1.0 as a short episode where we discuss the daily lives of the characters. And this way, you will have more control over the scenario. We have been stating from the very beginning that we will be in front of you with a very deep-rooted scenario, and now the time has come.
v1.2.0 - UNEXPECTED: Untimely
After discussing the lives of the characters, it will move forward in connection with the first episode and will continue with a full command of the story.
Keep supporting XPECTED. I love you all so much, everything will be better!

CRAZY X WIZARD

Grand Wizard
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Jun 13, 2022
Update August 17th From XPECTED For Patreon

XPECTED posted this post On 17th August 2022 to Patreon

The post was reposted by CRAZY X WIZARD On 24th August 2022 to F95ZONE
(

unexpected_status0.png

Hi guys!

Yes, it's been a long time. And now it's time for scheduled work! We're coming back very well. You will understand this as soon as possible!

In our UNEXPECTED game, we will publish a total of 2000 scenes within a maximum of 1-2 months. We did not change the main story of our game and completely changed the course. We tried to tell you the main story in a much better way.

With the prologue, you will notice our new visual quality. Shay House etc. We've made the lighting of the environments much better and brought the atmosphere of the main story of our game to the fore.

1664361140272.png

We are publishing the new prologue episode very soon. Then, we plan to publish the second part shortly after the first part as soon as possible. And then we want to release updates every month at intervals of 200-400 and we made our schedule accordingly. The number of scenes may be less for now. In this process, we want to deal with our bosses much more. We are confident that we will achieve a very good momentum with your support. Thank you very much in advance.

1664361152483.png

Keep supporting XPECTED. I love you all so much, everything will be better!

)

Please Like My Post If You Like My Walkthroughs And Mods .
Thanks In Advance .

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 32 Votes