VN HTML Abandoned Unforgettable Dinner [v2.03] [Xtryptic Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Is there really so much blackmail in the game that it has to be mentioned twice in the Genre spoiler? :)

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Updated OP
Thank you, muttdoggy

Is there really so much blackmail in the game that it has to be mentioned twice in the Genre spoiler? :)
Not so much, I believe that is was written on different times.

im sorry, im new to html games, how do i start it after ive downloaded it?
The index.html file is the root of the application, if you double click it will open on your default browser, or you can right click->open with and select another browser. According to Google Analytics, more than 70% of users open with Google Chrome.

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
Ok, I wanted to delete the current saves in game. However there is no delete function. Figured this is a web based game so probably does like most and stores it in the same place it stores website data and cookie and so using the manager should allow me to get rid of them. sure enough found the site under there but removing it doesn't get rid of the saved files.

This game doesn't appear to save it in the directory the game is installed in either. So no idea where the saved games are stored.
So would much appreciate someone telling me.

Two functions the developer should add are delete save and allow writing over the saved file.

Browser being used is firefox

Last edited:

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
I guess I never wrote what an amazing game this is. I especially love the depraved shit when you treat the girls like a whore. You're probably the only developer that can write stuff like that. Fulfills a nice dark corner of my penis. 10/10.

Only problem I have with the game is it not being out fast enough. I absolutely think you're one of the best writers in the h-game industry, both English and Japanese.

Reactions: kizaru89

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
Getting the endless loading when trying to open in chrome. Here is the error messages from console in one big mess:

Access to script at 'file:///D:/Userdata/Reidar/Downloads/Adult%20Games/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/polyfills-es2015.a5911685411b15efa635.js' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
polyfills-es2015.a5911685411b15efa635.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
index.html:1 Access to script at 'file:///D:/Userdata/Reidar/Downloads/Adult%20Games/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/runtime-es2015.24b02acc1f369d9b9f37.js' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
runtime-es2015.24b02acc1f369d9b9f37.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
index.html:1 Access to script at 'file:///D:/Userdata/Reidar/Downloads/Adult%20Games/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/main-es2015.06eda04799f713039e3b.js' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
main-es2015.06eda04799f713039e3b.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Does it have much content, last review is 1 year old
I keep asking myself why almost nobody made a review on this game.

Ok, I wanted to delete the current saves in game. However there is no delete function. Figured this is a web based game so probably does like most and stores it in the same place it stores website data and cookie and so using the manager should allow me to get rid of them. sure enough found the site under there but removing it doesn't get rid of the saved files.

This game doesn't appear to save it in the directory the game is installed in either. So no idea where the saved games are stored.
So would much appreciate someone telling me.

Two functions the developer should add are delete save and allow writing over the saved file.
Depends on the browser, but the main source is the local storage. On Chrome: CTRL+SHIFT+I -> Application tab -> Expand local storage, click on the site on left, the saves will be listed on the right.

I guess I never wrote what an amazing game this is. I especially love the depraved shit when you treat the girls like a whore. You're probably the only developer that can write stuff like that. Fulfills a nice dark corner of my penis. 10/10.

Only problem I have with the game is it not being out fast enough. I absolutely think you're one of the best writers in the h-game industry, both English and Japanese.
The writer name is Megan, she is from US, I will transmit the compliments.

Getting the endless loading when trying to open in chrome. Here is the error messages from console in one big mess:

Access to script at 'file:///D:/Userdata/Reidar/Downloads/Adult%20Games/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/unforgettable-dinner-download-v28-jpg/polyfills-es2015.a5911685411b15efa635.js' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
I had this error on Safari and I fixed removing some tags on the jpg version, as the webp format doesn't work anyway. You need to replace the "index.html" file for this one )
I never saw the problem on Chrome, Firefox or Opera, but I remember that is an option on Chrome settings were you disable CORS check

Last edited:

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
I keep asking myself why almost nobody made a review on this game.

Depends on the browser, but the main source is the local storage. On Chrome: CTRL+SHIFT+I -> Application tab -> Expand local storage, click on the site on left, the saves will be listed on the right.

The writer name is Megan, she is from US, I will transmit the compliments.

I had this error on Safari and I fixed removing some tags on the jpg version, as the webp format doesn't work anyway. You need to replace the "index.html" file for this one )
I never saw the problem on Chrome, Firefox or Opera, but I remember that is an option on Chrome settings were you disable CORS check
Thanks for trying to help. I should have posted that firefox is the browser.

Jack Dangers

Aug 3, 2017
I just played this game for the first time tonight. After I was finished, I played An Afternoon to Remember, to compare the two experiences. Some thoughts:

1. I went into this game with low expectations -- and I was pleasantly surprised. The game was well-written and, so far, is very sexy. Once I was done with it, I was actually encouraged to try other routes. That's very rare for me, which tells me you're doing a lot right with this game.

2. My first frustration was my inability to choose the MC's name. I play these games to indulge in a fantasy, and not being able to name my character takes me right out of immersion. I would strongly suggest you consider adding the option to name your own character, as I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

3. The characters are all well-designed. I'm not as interested in beautiful renders as I am really well-crafted characters (backgrounds, personality, individual "voices"). You've done a good job with that here.

4. The lack of a "rollback" option is a problem. It frustrates players -- which is something I don't think you want to do. This is something else I would suggest you consider adding.

5. The plot of the story is compelling enough that, not only am I going to keep playing the game with future releases -- but I'm going to consider your Patreon, as well. Again, I see a lot of potential in this game, and I want to support it, so it can realize that.

6. You have come a very long way as a game developer. Afternoon to Remember was well-written, but very frustrating in a lot of ways. No save, no rollback, no way to name the MC...these are only the beginning. The lack of ability to do much with the young couple was a real bummer. Likewise, the lack of choices at the hotel was a downer. I give you a lot of credit with the anal ending, however. Most developers would have watered that scene down or avoided it altogether. That you chose to tackle it earns you much praise from me. So far, actually, that's been the hottest part of either game for me (though I admit my taste for scenes like that is probably in the minority).

Basically, this is all to say that I'm impressed. With some very minor -- but important -- modifications, I think this could be a REAL gem of a game. Keep up the good work, MaxCarna!!!

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I just played this game for the first time tonight. After I was finished, I played An Afternoon to Remember, to compare the two experiences. Some thoughts:

1. I went into this game with low expectations -- and I was pleasantly surprised. The game was well-written and, so far, is very sexy. Once I was done with it, I was actually encouraged to try other routes. That's very rare for me, which tells me you're doing a lot right with this game.

2. My first frustration was my inability to choose the MC's name. I play these games to indulge in a fantasy, and not being able to name my character takes me right out of immersion. I would strongly suggest you consider adding the option to name your own character, as I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

3. The characters are all well-designed. I'm not as interested in beautiful renders as I am really well-crafted characters (backgrounds, personality, individual "voices"). You've done a good job with that here.

4. The lack of a "rollback" option is a problem. It frustrates players -- which is something I don't think you want to do. This is something else I would suggest you consider adding.

5. The plot of the story is compelling enough that, not only am I going to keep playing the game with future releases -- but I'm going to consider your Patreon, as well. Again, I see a lot of potential in this game, and I want to support it, so it can realize that.

6. You have come a very long way as a game developer. Afternoon to Remember was well-written, but very frustrating in a lot of ways. No save, no rollback, no way to name the MC...these are only the beginning. The lack of ability to do much with the young couple was a real bummer. Likewise, the lack of choices at the hotel was a downer. I give you a lot of credit with the anal ending, however. Most developers would have watered that scene down or avoided it altogether. That you chose to tackle it earns you much praise from me. So far, actually, that's been the hottest part of either game for me (though I admit my taste for scenes like that is probably in the minority).

Basically, this is all to say that I'm impressed. With some very minor -- but important -- modifications, I think this could be a REAL gem of a game. Keep up the good work, MaxCarna!!!
Thank you a lot for this detailed feed back. There are somethings I would like to reply:

1. All merits to our writer, I just do the images and the programming

2. We made a poll once, on our Patreon page, users said that they were not interested in such functionality. Since then that's the first time someone mention it again, maybe I should check again with another poll.

3. The writer again, she don't come to F95 but I will transmit to her.

4. In fact the rollback was intentionally removed. In a default web application, every page would have it's on URI, and you can simple press back on the browser. We made in a way to replace the code keeping the same location to the user always go foward. That would cause a sense of choice and consequences, we tried to make the user reflect more over the choices instead of just go exploring all options. The save feature with several slots was added later to allow users to go back a specific point.

5. We will be very thankful, every month I release more or less 200 new frames at the last day of the month. 15 days later I release to public access.

6. In the beginning we were 3 members: the writer, a programmer and I, who would make the images. The first programmer disappeared while I was creating images for the prototype. We never heard about him since these days. I found another person, he made Afternoon to Remember structure, but left us some months later. I learned HTML and accumulated both functions. I made Unforgettable Dinner based on the same structure but was able to make some evolutions like image counting, saves, multiple-languages... I want to add a lot of things but it's hard conciliate the time, because the images take a lot of time to be made.

Right now I'm crazy to finish Unforgettable Dinner and start a new project, because during the game development I gathered a lot of Daz products: beautiful and more modern models, great environments, but I can't break the game consistency. I will only be able to use them in another project.

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
Thank you a lot for this detailed feed back. There are somethings I would like to reply:

1. All merits to our writer, I just do the images and the programming

2. We made a poll once, on our Patreon page, users said that they were not interested in such functionality. Since then that's the first time someone mention it again, maybe I should check again with another poll.

3. The writer again, she don't come to F95 but I will transmit to her.

4. In fact the rollback was intentionally removed. In a default web application, every page would have it's on URI, and you can simple press back on the browser. We made in a way to replace the code keeping the same location to the user always go foward. That would cause a sense of choice and consequences, we tried to make the user reflect more over the choices instead of just go exploring all options. The save feature with several slots was added later to allow users to go back a specific point.

5. We will be very thankful, every month I release more or less 200 new frames at the last day of the month. 15 days later I release to public access.

6. In the beginning we were 3 members: the writer, a programmer and I, who would make the images. The first programmer disappeared while I was creating images for the prototype. We never heard about him since these days. I found another person, he made Afternoon to Remember structure, but left us some months later. I learned HTML and accumulated both functions. I made Unforgettable Dinner based on the same structure but was able to make some evolutions like image counting, saves, multiple-languages... I want to add a lot of things but it's hard conciliate the time, because the images take a lot of time to be made.

Right now I'm crazy to finish Unforgettable Dinner and start a new project, because during the game development I gathered a lot of Daz products: beautiful and more modern models, great environments, but I can't break the game consistency. I will only be able to use them in another project.
Don't really need roll back with the ability to save.
That said there is a problem. You can't save over old saves and you can't easily delete them.
That means your only choice if you want to replay it and try out other stuff is to not save at all or keep using more and more and more save slots.

And yes I tried saving over old files it doesn't work at all.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Don't really need roll back with the ability to save.
That said there is a problem. You can't save over old saves and you can't easily delete them.
That means your only choice if you want to replay it and try out other stuff is to not save at all or keep using more and more and more save slots.

And yes I tried saving over old files it doesn't work at all.
That's very strange, Tacm. I just tried on Chrome and Firefox.

I saved a scene from Phase 1 on slot 1. Then I jumped to Phase 3 and saved another scene on slot 1. It was replaced, like on the image.

Which browser you are using? Can you look on the developer console if some error is popping up?

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
That's very strange, Tacm. I just tried on Chrome and Firefox.

I saved a scene from Phase 1 on slot 1. Then I jumped to Phase 3 and saved another scene on slot 1. It was replaced, like on the image.

Which browser you are using? Can you look on the developer console if some error is popping up?
I'm using firefox latest version. It pretends like it is writing over it. But then when I try to load it it just loads the old one.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I'm using firefox latest version. It pretends like it is writing over it. But then when I try to load it it just loads the old one.
tacm,

I never saw this before.

If you don't mind to make some tests, please press CTRL+SHIFT+I. Click on the Storage tab (up), click on Local Storage on the left column. Click on . You can identify the saves on the right. The value is currently visible.

Let this window open, and try to save again. See if the value changes. If the value change but then change back, there must be some problem on the code. If the value doesn't change, probably there are some kind of permission, Firefox can be blocking.

The last possibility is that you are not using Local Storage because is blocked, then the game is switching to a temp variable. Take a look on this website:

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
Ok, not sure it has anything to do with the issue but I'm playing from the drive location so it doesn't have the web-address just the drive storage. file:///F:/unforgettable-dinner-dowload-v28-webp/index.html
That said with ctrl-shit-I open it works fine... sort of. It appears the game save side is keeping what it has stored in memory even though the drive changes.

I went ahead and deleted the saves. The save side still showed them. However, I went to the load side and without even loading a file it updated what you have in the game so when I went back to save the screen updated and showed the spaces being empty.

I had 4 saved games
deleted them and the saved game screen still show the games exist.
I then clicked the load instead and it updated.
So when I went back to the save screen it was then updated.

It looks like it was caching the data and not updating it though the drive changed.

Hope that helps.

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
There are a couple of routes that should be added.
the first is fairly early on at the discussion of the game.
1. Kalie or her mom want to inspect the money and make sure it is real. Then tosses it in the fire place and tells Edmond to get fucked. Lets face it that's would be one of the things that would happen in RL.

2. Kalie gets pissed after spanking his daughter and doesn't like Edmonds attitude after and She, the BF, the daughter strap Edmond and his wife down and wip the hell out of them a while and see how they like being on the other end. And as a parting gift the brief case full of money half is shoved up thier holes and the other half given to the daughter and she it told just leave the fucks.

I won't go into great details here an ass that was about half the shit Edmond was at my house spent 3 months in the hospital and then I made sure he found himself in jail for another 6 months. It doesn't pay to piss off people who know your dirt. Edmond would be an easy as hell target. He's not going to say shit the homesecurity system and camera would have him and his game and be all the proof needed to ruin his reputation and run him into bankruptcy in due time. Then having someone beat his daughter... There would be no end to the shit that man would be facing.

• Wow
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

riderfan097

May 12, 2019
Would it be possible for just the content update from .27 to .28? I dont want to have to redownload everything.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes