Mod Ren'Py Uni - New event (rape/ryona) [0.1.6]

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Still planned, but my health's been shitty again since like January of this year (I haven't wrote a thing since then, on my own or for the mod) and I don't think a new writer has stepped up. That said, I'm hoping to do something in the next month or so, and this'll may well be it.

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
Great mod, definitely feels like its part of the game itself. Hope to see more from you guys, stay safe!

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Unfortunately I don't have any plan to pursue development as everyone involved had issues due to COVID (especially the artist) and now I don't have any more time for modding. Really cool to see that this work has been appreciated by so many people, initially it was just a few commissions that I added text to. If you like the art syle I can only recommend to follow the artist on pixiv and maybe commission him yourself (~150$ for 4/5 pictures).

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
Unfortunately I don't have any plan to pursue development as everyone involved had issues due to COVID (especially the artist) and now I don't have any more time for modding. Really cool to see that this work has been appreciated by so many people, initially it was just a few commissions that I added text to. If you like the art syle I can only recommend to follow the artist on pixiv and maybe commission him yourself (~150$ for 4/5 pictures).
really sad to hear, though understandable from the sounds of how things have gone, i was really happy to see this cause most games tend to avoid this kinda stuff even if it fits the game cause of fear of it gettin them in trouble with patreon or backlash from the players so this mod was somethin to add what uni was lacking imo.

itll be heavily missed and ill be wishing you the best, as well as wishing for someone else to pick up this torch in the future. if this project is dead then it might be a good idea to have it marked as abandoned so people know its not bein worked on anymore

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
if this project is dead then it might be a good idea to have it marked as abandoned so people know its not bein worked on anymore
Abandoned may be a strong word as there's still a chance of it getting updates, Beggarman (writer) might want to do something with the last pic I posted, and maybe I'll commission the artist again in the future.

But you have a point that the OP is misleading, I edited the description.

Also added you in the list of authors Beggarman really sorry for not doing that earlier.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Joe: So far, I have done some minor additions to what was written before and some other proposed changes but not really enough to properly talk about/worth sending back/really do anything with. Combination of just... not very good writing and ideas so far and then some other things taking up my time. Currently I do have some time to dedicate to writing this week, but after that may be iffy. I'll see what I can do over the next week but depending on where that lands by about Friday, it might be worth seeing if Allan (from above) can do something with the second event.

(Usually I would just make this a PM but seeing as it might make things clear for others/involves someone else I thought this might make more sense)

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I tried reading through the thread and am still unsure if this mod will work with newer versions.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
It is slightly broken on some of the more recent versions - Chelsea's sprite does not appear, I think because the sprite system changed, and that was a little while ago. I'll see if I can get that fixed for Friday. This shouldn't bring up any major error messages though, and normal text/CG/Other sprites still appear.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Update to 0.1.6:

Changelog:
- Updated existing content to new sprite system.

No new content ready for release yet but it's not coming along too bad either; I'm having to take a break today due to some pain issues (and not the good kind that led to me writing... uh some other stuff). Probably won't be release-ready for the weekend but enough that I'm feeling good about it.

Feb 11, 2020
Update to 0.1.6:

Changelog:
- Updated existing content to new sprite system.

No new content ready for release yet but it's not coming along too bad either; I'm having to take a break today due to some pain issues (and not the good kind that led to me writing... uh some other stuff). Probably won't be release-ready for the weekend but enough that I'm feeling good about it.
I'm glad to see there's still progress! I like this mod, perhaps more than I should.
I can help with writing if you need help with that! Failing that, I have a few of ideas I typed up in a word document somewhere which I could share if you were open to them?

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I'm glad to see there's still progress! I like this mod, perhaps more than I should.
I can help with writing if you need help with that! Failing that, I have a few of ideas I typed up in a word document somewhere which I could share if you were open to them?
Thanks, but I think it might be best if you message JoeTermin about it to co-ordinate anything - tbh I'm just finding my own work a bit too slow to be all that useful so I think I'm recusing myself from the second event. I believe Joe and Allan are currently discussing/working towards it now.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Feb 11, 2020
Thanks, but I think it might be best if you message JoeTermin about it to co-ordinate anything - tbh I'm just finding my own work a bit too slow to be all that useful so I think I'm recusing myself from the second event. I believe Joe and Allan are currently discussing/working towards it now.
Ahhh whoops. I thought I was commenting to them :FacePalm: sorry. I'm definitely an idiot :ROFLMAO:

JoeTermin
ahem, anyway, I would like to help with writing or ideas if I can

Reactions: JoeTermin

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Thanks! I'll PM you when I find some time. For now I'd like to avoid having to coordinate too many writers (already 2) and I believe Allan is interested to take over

Allan Perez

Nov 2, 2018
tomwilliams9911
JoeTermin
Oh I've been a bit busy actually , I was planning on starting on writing and reading more about renpy next year once I'm a bit more free but yeah Tom can take over if he's more free! I just wanted to help out so this mod doesn't die hahaha, i did little to nothing so far DX

Feb 11, 2020
tomwilliams9911
JoeTermin
Oh I've been a bit busy actually , I was planning on starting on writing and reading more about renpy next year once I'm a bit more free but yeah Tom can take over if he's more free! I just wanted to help out so this mod doesn't die hahaha, i did little to nothing so far DX
Oh honestly, I was only trying to help out as well lol, I also know nothing about coding so you've got the edge in that respect.

Reactions: Allan Perez