Hizor

Director of Hizor Games
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2018
Hell yeah !

Hope landlord CG soon :p
Soon! :)

Really nice game, is male MC gonna be add as a playable character?
A Male MC would basically be remaking the entire game alongside what the FeMC has. So no, there are no plans for a Male MC.

It would be much much better if the updates are more linear and not these story snipped here, new CG (for a "old" story part) there, with the need to start a new game with every update.
With every replay it gets more and more boring to play
I completely understand the "boring with every replay" as I run into the same problem with other games I follow and play from time to time. Personally, if I had the funds to do so you bet I'd build the entire game completely before releasing it, however, this isn't the case.
While the monthly updates to the game can be small or vary between updates it does allow the development of the game to be much more dynamic taking in all the feedback from our players as things progress along.
I will also recommend there is nothing wrong waiting a few months to let all the updates build up for a fresher experience for each replay.

Not so many CG,after some time is like you playing text base game
Our artist is only one man with one other helping with coloring. We prefer to keep quality over quantity, but they can only work so fast, thus the writing outpaces how fast our artists can work, which leads to the later scenes in the game being primarily text-based.

incompatible program,does anyone else have this problem in win 8 ?
On windows 7 don't work too
(Uni.exe not a valid Win32 application)
Doesn't work
da heck!?
If you're having problems running the game, you'll find two .exes in the directory. If one doesn't work try the other one. If both do not work, make sure you're computer is up to date. Graphics Drivers, Windows Updates, etc.
If it doesn't work after that; then whatever the problem is it's in ren'pys hands and not our own so we'll just have to wait for a fix from the ren'py team.

ThugBear

Oct 24, 2017
Soon! :)

A Male MC would basically be remaking the entire game alongside what the FeMC has. So no, there are no plans for a Male MC.

I completely understand the "boring with every replay" as I run into the same problem with other games I follow and play from time to time. Personally, if I had the funds to do so you bet I'd build the entire game completely before releasing it, however, this isn't the case.
While the monthly updates to the game can be small or vary between updates it does allow the development of the game to be much more dynamic taking in all the feedback from our players as things progress along.
I will also recommend there is nothing wrong waiting a few months to let all the updates build up for a fresher experience for each replay.

Our artist is only one man with one other helping with coloring. We prefer to keep quality over quantity, but they can only work so fast, thus the writing outpaces how fast our artists can work, which leads to the later scenes in the game being primarily text-based.

If you're having problems running the game, you'll find two .exes in the directory. If one doesn't work try the other one. If both do not work, make sure you're computer is up to date. Graphics Drivers, Windows Updates, etc.
If it doesn't work after that; then whatever the problem is it's in ren'pys hands and not our own so we'll just have to wait for a fix from the ren'py team.

Ok, guys. It's working properly now for me.

For anyone who still meeting with the same problem, you should go check your os build version and make sure it was 202H.
1612294100033.png

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I fully understand... adding male mean at least double the work and cost more for artworks.
I won't say why is nice to add maleMC cause you properly already know.

Kinda wish it come up at some point in the future. Anyway keep up the good work cause I'll add this to the watchlist :)

Akkarin69

Feb 16, 2018
I will skip this update because I played the last one, but I'm still here to say that this is one of my favorite projects to follow. I really like it a lot and can only recommend it.

Reactions: LailaLiu

rllog

Apr 3, 2018
Yes, I fully understand... adding male mean at least double the work and cost more for artworks.
I won't say why is nice to add maleMC cause you properly already know.

Kinda wish it come up at some point in the future. Anyway keep up the good work cause I'll add this to the watchlist :)
There are twice as many male protagonist games on this site than there are female protagonist ones, surely you have some content to follow here.

Reactions: Beggarman

aexou

May 11, 2018
I just got a warning for Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml. According my windows scanner it came from file: E:\Uni_0.29.86_WindowsLinux\Uni-0.29.86-pc\Uni-32.exe. Anyone else got this aswell or false positive? My other scanners did not pick anything up.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
This is second RenPy game that have problems with .exe running on 32 bit OS.
The first exe is targeted at 64 bit, so it fails obviously.
The second -32 should work, but fails also!
The only solution is to get the .exe from another (working) RenPy game and rename it to Uni.exe - so scripts will work
Of course the exe icon will be different, but at least it works!

Reactions: D_drop

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
I just got a warning for Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml. According my windows scanner it came from file: E:\Uni_0.29.86_WindowsLinux\Uni-0.29.86-pc\Uni-32.exe. Anyone else got this aswell or false positive? My other scanners did not pick anything up.
ineresting result from antivirus scanner :) Of course there is no virus, but the exe is not valid win32 program (doesn't work), so scanner detect it as virus

Oct 25, 2017
The point is I don't go to male protagonist games and ask for a female one, and you shouldn't here as well.
And I don't go and tell people what to do... it literally a simple 'Do we have the option to pick gender in the future?'. Not asking for a fighter jet in a car racing game...

neverfor121

Oct 27, 2020
Have you considered reusing certain poses or scenes as a way of increasing content without having a huge impact on workload? When I first played the game I was very impressed that no art work was really reused, however thinking about it that might be to the games detriment. Say the first scene in the bathroom with Matt, I feel an additional scene shortly after where if makes his requests slightly more extreme could be done with minimum editing of the CG (say a slight change in the MC's facial expression, add one slightly different hand position). Other examples that come to mind would be changing the location of some scenes such as the classroom ones to ones somewhere else, like the principles office, so that you would only have to do a new background but keep the character models. Even if you just used some of the existed images as photos Matt took and sends you later in a text (or sends to Damien with identifying features blurred) I can get why some people might not like these as they would seem like "lazy" additions, but if they were purely complimentary to the rest of the work I feel like it could really add to the updates.

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
This is not a Renpy problem per se!
If you installed a new version of Renpy it doesn't automatically use the compilation settings of your old version. We already had this problem with a former version some time ago. As far as I found out until now, it has to do with the Python script which checks the OS and decides which Platform is accepted. You have to set the compatibility that your game accepts all Windows versions from the actual Windows 10 down to Windows 7 and recompile your game again. Then it will work for everybody.

Last edited:

Moeghup

May 9, 2018
CBBD7713-184B-4830-B454-F0E6F6AB37EF.jpeg

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
There's a new update 0.29.86b, it fix some problems

Adds in New Chelsea Selfie CG to a Matt Texting event
Fixes a bug with one of Damiens Texting events
Fixes an error that occurs after the Alleyway scene
Fixes a bug where the bar would prevent Violets route from progressing

3.90 star(s) 101 Votes