Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just wanted to make sure you realized... I'm pretty sure you can get 2 basketball skill points in this mini-game, one for each kind of shot... Been a while since I played it though... :unsure:
Yepper, indeed. I've refined it after the initial code was done and added a full cheat button too as another option. It's all 100% now. Thanks for the heads-up though and regards. I'll update those pics in a bit.
1642658083340.png

Edit: the post is updated with current teaser pics including the cheat button.

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Yepper, indeed. I've refined it after the initial code was done and added a full cheat button too as another option. It's all 100% now. Thanks for the heads-up though and regards. I'll update those pics in a bit.
View attachment 1606868

Edit: the post is updated with current teaser pics including the cheat button.
A full cheat button is certainly welcome for those of us doing multiple saves... I'm also a little curious how the basketball skill is going to impact game play. :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A full cheat button is certainly welcome for those of us doing multiple saves... I'm also a little curious how the basketball skill is going to impact game play. :p
Yes, there's many choices/variables like that. One huge example is the below, I can't read the dev's mind so I gotta inform the player:
1642659796534.png

Edit: BTW that "cheat" button is smart. It gives you the 2pt maximum then during the 3pt you simply press it again if you wish (you're never obligated to do shit within SanchoMod) to get instant 3pt maximum and auto progress to the next scene. That's how we roll.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What's unclear there? The "problems" referenced? :unsure: Or would you prefer to be able to tell the player how each problem is going to be fixed?
More like a hint of the result of a particular choice as the Max situation can possibly be resolved via another route (the MC's mini-investigation), etc. We just don't know yet. With other submitted SanchoMod's folks have become accustomed to complete and accurate information, so I have to put unknown issues in the choices that are not yet settled or folks get disappointed thinking I missed something. BTW, noticed you're a fan of BaDIK.... I've completed S1 of it via SanchoMod (it's been a side project for a while). Maybe you'd be interested in future beta testing?

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
More like a hint of the result of a particular choice as the Max situation can possibly be resolved via another route (the MC's mini-investigation), etc. We just don't know yet. With other submitted SanchoMod's folks have become accustomed to complete and accurate information, so I have to put unknown issues in the choices that are not yet settled or folks get disappointed thinking I missed something. BTW, noticed you're a fan of BaDIK.... I've completed S1 of it via SanchoMod (it's been a side project for a while). Maybe you'd be interested in future beta testing?
Fair enough. I think it can be assumed that she is "honorable" and will solve your problem as long as you don't renege on your agreement, but you are correct. Every one of those problems can be solved without making her deal.

As for the DIK mod, sure. I'd be happy to bang on it for you. That must be a pretty ambitious piece of work, eh?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fair enough. I think it can be assumed that she is "honorable" and will solve your problem as long as you don't renege on your agreement, but you are correct. Every one of those problems can be solved without making her deal.

As for the DIK mod, sure. I'd be happy to bang on it for you. That must be a pretty ambitious piece of work, eh?
It is but I'm more than up for the task. For example I'm quite proud of the code I came up with for the "Plant watering" task (you know what I mean ;)). It's a select-able cheat that makes is basically automatic. Since it's not appropriate in this topic, with the BaDIK thread simply search post by my username and you'll find a master post with all the teasers/goodies... if you'd like. It'll give you an idea of how far I've pushed it.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

Don't you 'bang' on enough stuff, bro? Instead of 'banging', why not pound it? Ahahahaha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another choice that you might think has a consequence by now but doesn't at all (to date). On this one I decided to take a look at the pdf (fwiw) which marks the second as "good" but none of these do shit yet, not dialogue differences, not anything. Maybe me pointing this out will push this ball forward a little too.
1642663743038.png

Reactions: Ghostly and DVC804

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 have you created a new mod for this game? Where can it be downloaded? (Or it's not yet available)
It's a WIP (work in progress). I've thought about putting out a tech demo while I work on it but not sure that's a great idea as it almost backfired on me with SummerScent. I had to take a break to get my IRL businesses sorted for tax season and update current mods but I'm back at it so I hope it won't be too long. I understand that "be too long" is relative but that's the best I can give you currently.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Another choice that you might think has a consequence by now but doesn't at all (to date). On this one I decided to take a look at the pdf (fwiw) which marks the second as "good" but none of these do shit yet, not dialogue differences, not anything. Maybe me pointing this out will push this ball forward a little too.
View attachment 1606921
Huh, I wonder if he reworked the Ashley scenes making this choice irrelevant... I'm pretty sure that at one point you needed to choose "smart" here in order to get a good outcome. Basically, she knows she's pretty and she desperately wants to be popular, so the way to get her attention is to play to her vanity about her intelligence. I think it was an alternative path to "tricking her". At some point, he lowered point counts for a bunch of options. Maybe he nerfed this interaction when he made tricking her easier? :unsure: Weird...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Huh, I wonder if he reworked the Ashley scenes making this choice irrelevant... I'm pretty sure that at one point you needed to choose "smart" here in order to get a good outcome. Basically, she knows she's pretty and she desperately wants to be popular, so the way to get her attention is to play to her vanity about her intelligence. I think it was an alternative path to "tricking her". At some point, he lowered point counts for a bunch of options. Maybe he nerfed this interaction when he made tricking her easier? :unsure: Weird...
I found it odd too. the next choice is certainly relevant though:
UOP SM B04f2b.jpg

4.30 star(s) 198 Votes