mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
View attachment 3796864

I'm not a fan of the "writing on girls" trend, and I'm not sure about those particular restraints (not that Roxy needs them anyway!) but that's a lovely sight nonetheless. I like the heart-shaped box that looks like it would be gifted as a box of chocolates, but this one, when opened, turns out to be better than chocolate for Roxy!

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the "writing on girls" trend,
same here there was only been one case I found the writing kind of hot. Otherwise I usually find it kind of trashy and makes the girl feel less attractive in that scene to me or makes me feel like a piece of shit because it feels like to much for me depending on the context of course.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I've had this game downloaded here for months, but whenever I try to play and see those 'hee-hee' or 'tee-hee', I end up closing the game, so if the dev changes the dialogue, I would like him to change it, the game has great renders, but the dialogue...
I looked it up in the search, and I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I've had this game downloaded here for months, but whenever I try to play and see those 'hee-hee' or 'tee-hee', I end up closing the game, so if the dev changes the dialogue, I would like him to change it, the game has great renders, but the dialogue...
I looked it up in the search, and I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.
haha I might be one of the rare ones I don't mind that I actually love the hee-hee or tee-hee just not with every girl lol

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
As far along as the game is now, that type of dialogue has never changed. I would just assume that it's not gonna happen.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
haha I might be one of the rare ones I don't mind that I actually love the hee-hee or tee-hee just not with every girl lol
I am between the two, I guess. I don't think it looks right, but I can easily skip over it and just go to the dialogue itself. When I see it, it's like I convert it in my head to an actual laugh, so it seems more natural to me. There's a mod (think it was Sancho's) that does some work to get rid of this, but it never did anything for me, I think he said it was because the dev went back and changed a load of it after the mod was done anyway...

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
There's a mod (think it was Sancho's) that does some work to get rid of this, but it never did anything for me, I think he said it was because the dev went back and changed a load of it after the mod was done anyway...
I liked the idea of a mod for this, and I decided to make one for myself, I found 375 'tee-hee', 800 'hee-hee', and some 'hee hee', I replaced them all with *chuckles*, it took me about 20 minutes to manually adjust the *chuckles*, placing them at the beginning of the dialogues, and I liked the result.

tee-hee.png
hee-hee.png

It was only when I was finishing that I remembered that the dev is rewriting the dialogue for the next update...
Anyway, now that I've done all that, I'll try playing again.

v1.png v2.png

The dev is rewriting the dialog, and this mod I made is not compatible with the WT MOD (I use UCD+URM), so it would be better not to share.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I liked the idea of a mod for this, and I decided to make one for myself, I found 375 'tee-hee', 800 'hee-hee', and some 'hee hee', I replaced them all with *chuckles*, it took me about 20 minutes to manually adjust the *chuckles*, placing them at the beginning of the dialogues, and I liked the result.

View attachment 3802953
View attachment 3802954

It was only when I was finishing that I remembered that the dev is rewriting the dialogue for the next update...

View attachment 3802956 View attachment 3802957

The dev is rewriting the dialog, and this mod I made is not compatible with the WT MOD (I use UCD+URM), so it would be better not to share.
Meh, I don't really see much difference. I guess only if you imagine a different sound for chuckling, but it will still be a thing where everyone's chuckling all of the time. But I guess if it works for you and others, more power to you.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I actually like the tee-hee even hee-hee for some characters as it does give them more of that young adult feel for someone like Carol and Ashley I think it's very fitting for their character. Don't really care for it on someone like Sara or Nikki and be weird on someone like Roxy. So to me I rather keep it than get rid of it entirely and deal with seeing it on character I don't like to see it in their dialogue.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There's a lot more things in AVNs that are much more annoying than the Hee-hees.
I actually like the tee-hee even hee-hee for some characters as it does give them more of that young adult feel for someone like Carol and Ashley I think it's very fitting for their character. Don't really care for it on someone like Sara or Nikki and be weird on someone like Roxy. So to me I rather keep it than get rid of it entirely and deal with seeing it on character I don't like to see it in their dialogue.
And maybe they all grew up with helium in their DNA. Doesn't bother me at all. :)

Reactions: Milton749

TGafy

May 14, 2020

View attachment 3802953
View attachment 3802954

View attachment 3802956 View attachment 3802957

Nice job. I was wondering, did you consider 'giggles' instead of 'chuckles'? Maybe it's just me but whenever 'chuckles' is used, I see a jolly fat man.

Reactions: Vill3m

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Nice job. I was wondering, did you consider 'giggles' instead of 'chuckles'? Maybe it's just me but whenever 'chuckles' is used, I see a jolly fat man.
The reason why I replaced everything with *chuckles* was out of sheer laziness, It's not perfect, but it's much better than the original, I'm actually enjoying the game.

The constant 'tee-hee' distracted me, but the *chuckles* didn't, I barely notice it.

Reactions: TGafy

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
The reason why I replaced everything with *chuckles* was out of sheer laziness, It's not perfect, but it's much better than the original, I'm actually enjoying the game.

The constant 'tee-hee' distracted me, but the *chuckles* didn't, I barely notice it.
*Chuckles* says they are chuckling, whereas "tee-hee" suggests they are literally saying "tee-hee" all the time, and who does that? I think for me, although I skip over it, that was initially the bit that "bothered" me about it.

The only real way to "fix" it would be line by line, and mixing it up. Sometimes *chuckles* or similar would be best, sometimes something like "heh" would be more appropriate, and sometimes nothing at all is needed - the frequency it comes up makes it seem like it's basically saying "said with a smile" because they're not always telling jokes or responding to something funny.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
*Chuckles* says they are chuckling, whereas "tee-hee" suggests they are literally saying "tee-hee" all the time, and who does that? I think for me, although I skip over it, that was initially the bit that "bothered" me about it.

The only real way to "fix" it would be line by line, and mixing it up. Sometimes *chuckles* or similar would be best, sometimes something like "heh" would be more appropriate, and sometimes nothing at all is needed - the frequency it comes up makes it seem like it's basically saying "said with a smile" because they're not always telling jokes or responding to something funny.
I could see something like tee-hee giving that impression, even though it's just an onomatopoeia. If a bird called out and the sound were written as kaw, the intent isn't that the bird actually says "kaw". A dog's ruff isn't supposed to make you hear it saying "rough". But I definitely get it: knowing a word represents a sound doesn't necessarily change the impression you get from seeing that word in a story's dialogue. And with a format like VN, it's more likely onomatopoeias will look like they're being said rather than just noises of half-repressed laughter, being frustrated, etc.

Reactions: LSC82

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I think the reason why I like Tee-hee for some of the girls ( not all) it gives me more of that impressions some of the girls are acting younger than their age and adding Tee-hee to me just feels like it fits those characters personality. But it does also come across as lazy cause it feels like it's used for almost every girl , where I think it more fitting for Carol and Ashley.

I can kind of see it for Sara to but I don't really like it with her dialogue. Then if someone like Roxy, Rachael or Nikki did the whole Tee-hee thing would throw me off as it would feel like it be out of place for their character. since I associate Tee-hee with a younger girl, one acting younger than they are or a cheerleader. So because of that it would feel out of place those characters unlike Carol and Ashley.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I could see something like tee-hee giving that impression, even though it's just an onomatopoeia. If a bird called out and the sound were written as kaw, the intent isn't that the bird actually says "kaw". A dog's ruff isn't supposed to make you hear it saying "rough". But I definitely get it: knowing a word represents a sound doesn't necessarily change the impression you get from seeing that word in a story's dialogue. And with a format like VN, it's more likely onomatopoeias will look like they're being said rather than just noises of half-repressed laughter, being frustrated, etc.
I get what you're saying, but onomatopoeia is a word formed to represent the sound it makes (so it's "kaw" or "ruff" because that's what those animal noises sound like). So here, that's still saying it sounds like the characters are saying "tee-hee" regardless :LOL:

I think the formatting is the thing though, like with the "chuckles" between asterisks, it makes it seem like it's a sound being made, rather than actual words being said. An example you do sometimes see in these games is *cough*

4.30 star(s) 199 Votes