HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Now this I have a problem with. If you give choices in the game, it needs to make at least some sense internally. Some amount of head canon and player interpretation is expected in these games, but you can't just ignore the problem entirely. Unless you close the other routes entirely when you go steady with a LI, the MC's behavior needs to be addressed. The MC can pursue and bang every female available, then tell Carol he loves her, and then go right back to banging some random chick at a club without any self reflection. Sure, so far, we the players could just imagine that he lied about loving her and he is just stringing her along. But that is already a huge stretch. We know the MC is generally a good guy, and as you say, there are no paths for him to be a real asshole. It just doesn't make sense for this character to be able to do this without any inner conflict. Plus, it's rather apparent that the MC will continue to act in a way as if he was indeed madly in love with Carol during her scenes if you stay on her route, so it's not really possible for us to ignore what we see on screen and just assume that he doesn't really love her when chasing other girls.

This problem is actually not that hard to address. It just needs some attention to detail. It's doesn't have to exponentially bloat the workload by creating a cheating route or something. You can keep everything the same, but check the variables and make some relevant extra dialogues at appropriate times. If you told Carol you loved her and then face the choice to go home with the club chick, there can be a thought along the lines of 'I love Carol... I think she is the one, but damnit, this chick is too hot.' He can go over his actions on his bed when he is thinking about what to do. If he is going for multiple woman, he can feel some conflict and feel bad about what his doing to Carol if the +rel is high. It just takes some variable checking and a bit of extra text to make things believable enough. At some point down the road, there can be a reckoning where the girls deal with the manwhore MC, either kicking him off their route or finding some other resolution depending on their personality.
I see your point here but this is only a "problem" for players that want it to be a problem because if you choose to say I love you to Carol why do you go and fuck the girl in the club it's your decision so you as the player don't have a problem with it so why should the MC comment on it. In the end, if you say I love you to Carol just make your following decision based on that and there is no problem. I for one as a harem player will go for all the girls so I don't see a problem at all with this and yes I know the game doesn't have a harem tag yet but the Dev already said in a comment the game will have a harem.

Reactions: dolfe67

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I see your point here but this is only a "problem" for players that want it to be a problem because if you choose to say I love you to Carol why do you go and fuck the girl in the club it's your decision so you as the player don't have a problem with it so why should the MC comment on it. In the end, if you say I love you to Carol just make your following decision based on that and there is no problem. I for one as a harem player will go for all the girls so I don't see a problem at all with this and yes I know the game doesn't have a harem tag yet but the Dev already said in a comment the game will have a harem.
Expecting the players to hold the hand of the MC and guide him into a path that doesn't break immersion is bad game design. If some combination of choices exists, it should make sense for the characters in question to act in that way.

I, as the player, don't have a problem with almost anything. I could tell my valedictorian science nerd MC who volunteers at a homeless shelter to suddenly go on a murder spree. I would expect the game to address why he was able to make this choice. Just because the player is OK or not OK with something, doesn't mean the character is. That is the absurd line of thinking that has people screaming NTR when some MC is happily being a voyeur or a pimp.

Unless you go out of your way to make a total self insert MC with no personality, you need to treat the MC like a character who behaves more or less in a believable fashion given his personality and setting.

I think I've made my point and the dev said he would consider it. Don't jump on me just to defend the game or something. I don't even bother posting stuff like this if the game offered no enjoyment. I think it's a pretty good showing all things considered. Good luck to the dev.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Expecting the players to hold the hand of the MC and guide him into a path that doesn't break immersion is bad game design. If some combination of choices exists, it should make sense for the characters in question to act in that way.

I, as the player, don't have a problem with almost anything. I could tell my valedictorian science nerd MC who volunteers at a homeless shelter to suddenly go on a murder spree. I would expect the game to address why he was able to make this choice. Just because the player is OK or not OK with something, doesn't mean the character is. That is the absurd line of thinking that has people screaming NTR when some MC is happily being a voyeur or a pimp.

Unless you go out of your way to make a total self insert MC with no personality, you need to treat the MC like a character who behaves more or less in a believable fashion given his personality and setting.

I think I've made my point and the dev said he would consider it. Don't jump on me just to defend the game or something. I don't even bother posting stuff like this if the game offered no enjoyment. I think it's a pretty good showing all things considered. Good luck to the dev.
Your point is valid and it's now up to the dev to do something about it or not. But in the example of "the MC says to Carol he loves her and then decide to fuck a girl met at a bar", I don't have any problem if the MC doesn't think about Carol at that moment; it's manwhore roleplay. Though I can expect repercussions if Carol finds out about it later on.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
This is great! I'd say it has potential to be better than Being A DIK at this point. Looking forward to more updates, great job so far. All of the girls are very attractive and actually have personalities to them instead of just being fuck dolls. Love it! Keep up the great work, Dev :)

Knight Court

Apr 10, 2020
This is great! I'd say it has potential to be better than Being A DIK at this point. Looking forward to more updates, great job so far. All of the girls are very attractive and actually have personalities to them instead of just being fuck dolls. Love it! Keep up the great work, Dev :)
I keep expecting some DIKs to show up on a road trip.

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
how do i unlock these ?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1)Go earlier to the ashelys meeting
2)Help her pack things for the trip
3)Dont hit the chick in the club and go home

Basically you're doing a manwhore path, try to be loyal and it will unlock naturally

Last edited:

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
1)Go earlier to the ashelys meeting
2)Help her pack things for the trip
3)Dont hit the chick in the club and go home

Basically you're doing a manwhore path, try to be loyal and it will unlock naturally
thanks for the answer.

4.30 star(s) 198 Votes