4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
I understand the game is not for everyone, and that there are currently some things in there that might not yet make sense. But man, leaving me a 2-star review? I guess I brought it on myself, but that's a little crappy.
Actually admits to only playing the 1st minute

"I stopped playing after the name the characters joke "
-1st scene of the damn game :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: Jaun Karr

Tom10

May 25, 2017
I understand the game is not for everyone, and that there are currently some things in there that might not yet make sense. But man, leaving me a 2-star review? I guess I brought it on myself, but that's a little crappy.
Don't stress over it too much, there are gonna be haters along the way. Averaging 4 and a half stars is still pretty good. Personally I believe the game has huge potential. Unlike a few comments that I have seen here, I'm all for Maeve

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Just gave a five-star review to compensate ;)
Of course, not only to compensate but its thoroughly deserving of 5 stars as well. There's always that 1% of the gen-pop you should ignore.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
and a second type, which might be hilarious at first, but becomes a nuisance once you see it for the 100th time
Here is my thinking on this. Since the naming 'joke' is completely avoidable, it would seem to me that eventually anyone with a minimum complement of brain cells would eventually stop trying to emulate Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball out of Lucy Van Pelt's hold.

[Boy THIS time I'm REALLY gonna change that name. Just because it didn't work the other 99 times doesn't mean I won't be able to do it this time. Here I go. ... ... ... BLAST YOU DEVELOPER!!!]

But that's just me, I guess.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
yea I mention it before, it is weird you can just trash a new game, "killing it" before it can fix things etc...
I could write 1* reviews on all new cuckold games then(but will not), it is dumb, I rarely write reviews as most games here are under constant development and think it is silly you can trash brand new games instead of letting the developer improve on the game.
and yes low rating reviews kill new games because when people come looking for a game they search for views, posts and ratings and ofc sort it by rating which means the trashed game end up on page 595...

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I think it's impossible to please everyone. If you try to do that, you'll end up producing something very bland that nobody hates, but nobody likes very much either. Including yourself, probably. So if you stick your neck out and try to make something different, a few haters are inevitable. If someone gets offended by the very first joke, he probably won't like the rest either. I say: good riddance. People without any sense of humour are not the audience you should be aiming at.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Here is my thinking on this. Since the naming 'joke' is completely avoidable, it would seem to me that eventually anyone with a minimum complement of brain cells would eventually stop trying to emulate Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball out of Lucy Van Pelt's hold.

[Boy THIS time I'm REALLY gonna change that name. Just because it didn't work the other 99 times doesn't mean I won't be able to do it this time. Here I go. ... ... ... BLAST YOU DEVELOPER!!!]

There will always be those with an IQ that matches their shoe size.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I tried the game and it's very interesting... The girls are extremely hot ... :love: :sneaky:

Added to my list of games to follow (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: HHUUKK

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Try not to dwell on the negatives. You've made a great first impression as far as most reviewers are concerned.
Frankly, 4th wall breaks are not everyones cup of tea, and I'm willing to bet this isn't the last time you'll hear that specific complaint (if I'm reading your foreshadowing correctly). Put it in the "not my target audience" bag and keep moving forward.

Reactions: willembever22

Wolle

Jun 5, 2017
Fuck! That was fun!
Hope CarbonBlue really has a plan - 'cause then this will be a blast!

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Yeah you are right, was falling asleep when I was doing the checking. So I guess I confused how normal possessives work with how "its" does.

Added a strike through to show I was wrong, but also to not make your comment look wrong.
I appreciate the comments! You're right with the Olivia/Shannon name mix up on one screen. There are a couple of graphical glitches and some clipping issues that I'm fixing as well. I'm going to release a 0.2.1 version around the beginning of September with a fix for these, as well as a 0.3 preview.

Hope CarbonBlue really has a plan - 'cause then this will be a blast!
I have a plan! I'm going to be kind and responsive while I build an audience with sexy renders and then I'm going to reach a point where I'm making enough money that I can go cold to my supporters and provide updates every 10 months or so.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I have a plan! I'm going to be kind and responsive while I build an audience with sexy renders and then I'm going to reach a point where I'm making enough money that I can go cold to my supporters and provide updates every 10 months or so.
You have a great future in this business, young man! :ROFLMAO:

You need to stock up on excuses, though. Here's one I haven't seen overdone. Keep checking for news on disasters in any part of the world (tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, nuclear meltdowns, alien invasions, zombie apocalypses, sharknadoes, whatever). Then you can claim that power to your area might be disrupted for months, at least, and you can only communicate by carrier pigeon. BINGO! Instant excuse worth up to a year of sympathy (from your Patrons) and sloth (for you).

D3ssel

Nov 15, 2016

True.

But, of course, you still need to play through the name changing scene and select to not change the name. That, on every. single. new gameplay.

No way to avoid that.

Might not be something too time-consuming, yeah. But, then again, by the 100th time I’m pretty sure it won’t be as funny as the first time. Just annoying.

As it will be when a real bug does appear, and people start wondering if that is a feature or not. Not a topic I would tread lightly if you ask me.

Also, basically you're saying that this is something everyone will just probably skip after they see it once? Generally speaking, any content that people will just skip, and doesn't add anything to the plot of the game, might be considered questionable at least, no?

But hey, hopefully, I’m wrong here and it does work out great in the end, heh? After all, I did become a patron for a reason, right?

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes