4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I will not update the renpy for this update, but I likely will after 0.5v3 when I do a GUI update. Or at least I think - I wasn't aware people couldn't play on updated renpy. Is that common?
Sort of, people using old hardware and/or deprecated OSs like Win 7 often have problems meeting the new minimum requirements for the Ren'Py 7.4.x graphics renderers. Some can work-around this by forcing Ren'Py to use the angle renderer rather than the default gl renderer, but not always.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
...I also think that people with older hardware might have difficulties. But probably the load times will be longer and the game will hang in between. :unsure:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I will not update the renpy for this update, but I likely will after 0.5v3 when I do a GUI update. Or at least I think - I wasn't aware people couldn't play on updated renpy. Is that common?
from what i understand it is a common problem .. alot of people are having ... including me :(
i think thats why it got another update to 7.4.4 .. trying to solve the issues they are having :confused:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
As someone who plays these games on an old laptop, I hope those Renpy updates will not be an issue for me :(
I've noticed that the latest update of BaDIK takes A HELL OF A LOT to load every time I launch the game, but I ignore whether DPC's using that new version. After that, the game works smoothly for me.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
from what i understand it is a common problem .. alot of people are having ... including me :(
i think thats why it got another update to 7.4.4 .. trying to solve the issues they are having :confused:
I didn't know that,,, Hummmmm I will have to load what I am working on onto my 7 machine which I dearly love... I HATE WIN 10 it is a pain in the Ass... and see how it works, but I am using the latest Ver of Renpy 7.4.4 still worth checking out I think...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest Friday update from the developer's Patreon thread:

Friday Update - April 30, 2021

Hello, Patrons!

Short and hopefully sweet update for you:

0.5v2 should be released sometime between May 10 and May 14.

I'm giving it a bit of a window for release because I'll have to take an overnight business trip early next week. I might use that time to render another animation.

• Primary renders are nearly complete. Just a handful to go plus whatever extra ones I end up adding when I put everything together.

• I have one animation to do other than the one I might render while I'm away.

• There's some significant post-processing work left to do.

• It will likely take a day of coding.

Then it'll just be a matter of testing and it's good to go! As always, I apologize for the delays you've had to endure. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! And I hope you enjoy it.

Tier 2's and up will get a preview render tonight.

Thank you for your support!

-CarbonBlue

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I've spoken with other developers on the Ren'Py issue that some players are having. Based on their feedback I will not update Ren'Py until it offers me some sort of significant benefit. I'm currently using 7.3.2.

However!

Ren'Py is undergoing some major changes right now. New graphics pipeline, converting to Python 3, etc. Upgrading is inevitable. If you're having trouble running new versions of Ren'Py right now, things are probably not going to get better for you going forward. Fair warning. :)

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
The latest preview from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Preview - Ep5v2

I don't think I've shown any of the after-class meeting yet. Unexpectedly, things with Professor Nakamura become kind of... suggestive.
Oh its going to be THAT kind of professor.

tenor.gif

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
I’m ready for some great Shannon banter. She’s like the 4th most attractive lady in the game, but that tongue of hers makes her irresistible to me.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Patreon update post:

Friday Update - May 7, 2021

Hello, Patrons and followers!

Hope you all had a wonderful week. Mine has been pretty productive, despite several distractions.

I expect to finish the primary rendering for 0.5v2 this weekend. After that I will begin work on background rendering, post-processing, coding, and testing. This is the point where I also find the music and create the various screens, such as the menu.

It's always surprising how many little things need to be accomplished to publish an update.

I don't have an exact date for you guys yet. I suspect it will be Thursday or Friday. I will let you know for sure when I know for sure.

When the update is out, I will post it here for the patrons. After some time - an hour, maybe more - I will make it publicly available.

Until then, thank you all for hanging in there. I look forward to seeing how quickly some of you crack the secrets, if you crack them at all! ;)

-CarbonBlue

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Latest Patreon update post:

Friday Update - May 7, 2021

Hello, Patrons and followers!

Hope you all had a wonderful week. Mine has been pretty productive, despite several distractions.

I expect to finish the primary rendering for 0.5v2 this weekend. After that I will begin work on background rendering, post-processing, coding, and testing. This is the point where I also find the music and create the various screens, such as the menu.

It's always surprising how many little things need to be accomplished to publish an update.

I don't have an exact date for you guys yet. I suspect it will be Thursday or Friday. I will let you know for sure when I know for sure.

When the update is out, I will post it here for the patrons. After some time - an hour, maybe more - I will make it publicly available.

Until then, thank you all for hanging in there. I look forward to seeing how quickly some of you crack the secrets, if you crack them at all! ;)

-CarbonBlue
Awesome. Man, its going to be good to play a new Unleashed update again.

Budgy75

Jan 11, 2021
Ok, i just quickly downloaded this before i went to bed and thought i would give it a quick try. what a great start, Shannon with the knife scene was brilliant, laughed a good few times already in the first 10 mins so that gets a thumbs up from me. i have a feeling that this is going to be a good one, cant wait to see what the rest will bring. (y) :love:

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, i just quickly downloaded this before i went to bed and thought i would give it a quick try. what a great start, Shannon with the knife scene was brilliant, laughed a good few times already in the first 10 mins so that gets a thumbs up from me. i have a feeling that this is going to be a good one, cant see what the rest will bring. (y) :love:
The scene with the axe was even better.
:love:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Patreon update:

It will NOT be Thursday

Hello, Patrons!

As I've said, I would let you guys know the release date when I know the release date.

What I know right now is it will not be on Thursday. It might not come on Friday, either. I am putting everything together and I am needing more renders to finish it than I had anticipated, and I want to make sure to run this through at least somewhat of a beta testing phase.

It will be coming within the next few days. When I know more I will let you know more.

-CarbonBlue

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes