4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, it is what it is. I give devs a lot of slack and leeway if they are generally straight with the fans and take the time and interest to come here and BS with all of us. While I have the technical ability, I don't have the creative streak or sense for good dialog to attempt to make a decent VN, so I am thankful to the devs like Carbonblue who make great games for us all to play, mostly for free.

There are very few devs (are there any?), who are working 9-5, 5 days a week on their game, so as long as they are making progress, and are open with all the fans, I am happy. Just to give you an idea, my favorite games here are Unleashed, Bad Memories, Light of my Life, Deluca Family, and Where the Heart Is. Other than WtHI, all are on the 6 month+ release cycle, but in all cases the devs are pretty active here. So, I am used to delays.

I think we should all give Carbonblue a break, and just be happy he has made something unique and fun. Sure, I wouldn't mind if releases were closer to 2 or 3 month intervals, but life happens, and I assume that he has other things in his life like a real job and probably family responsibilities, not to mention long render times due to unavailability of video cards these days, that keep him from knocking out updates at a fast rate.

Constant complaining and attributing nefarious motives to the devs that are bringing us all a lot of enjoyment with their (free) games, is not going to help motivate them to work any longer hours, and is more likely to just take the fun out it for them. Very few devs, other than a few notable examples, are getting rich off their games, so it is best to be patient.

Oops: I listed Light of My Life twice, haha. I guess I just like it that much.

Last edited:

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Well, he did say, "-I will lie to you.". You can probably trust that! :D
Sounds great, I hope those notes are being implemented,a game where girls will lie to you and all is a cool idea but sometimes devs promise that your choices have a big impact and later it becomes clear that they don't

Guvato

Jan 4, 2018
Sounds great, I hope those notes are being implemented,a game where girls will lie to you and all is a cool idea but sometimes devs promise that your choices have a big impact and later it becomes clear that they don't
I got the impression that the choices in this game won't matter much. CB said something along the lines of "if you want to have sex with NPC A, you can have sex with NPC A, and it won't affect your chances with NPC B"

I would still be cautious though, as a certain redhead knows where the knives are, and not everyone is as fortunate as John Bobbit was.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Patreon Update from 7 hours ago:

Just a quick update for you guys:
I hope to finish 0.5v2 on Friday, then have it go through a short beta test and release it on Saturday. It will probably be late Saturday because I have family over for the holiday weekend.
It'll be around 300ish renders, which is 50% longer than 0.5v1, and there will be 3 animations. However, you may not see everything.
-CarbonBlue

Lj625

Aug 22, 2020

I hope to finish 0.5v2 on Friday, then have it go through a short beta test and release it on Saturday. It will probably be late Saturday because I have family over for the holiday weekend.
It'll be around 300ish renders, which is 50% longer than 0.5v1, and there will be 3 animations. However, you may not see everything.
-CarbonBlue
I was just about to unwatch and uninstall this game, then i saw this.. this update better worth the wait.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
As far as I know last update was around 2 years ago. If you kept game file in your computer for 2 years, its really hard to believe you would delete it, at all.
While it has been a while, the last update was in October, not two years ago. Still a pretty long time as these things go, but not two years.

Reactions: Grohal

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020

-CarbonBlue
I've waited 9 months just for this? Fuck me! At this pace, I'll check back this game in 10 years or so. There are so many other good developers that really deserve attention and make this amount of content in 2 moths or less. Peace out.

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
I've waited 9 months just for this? Fuck me! At this pace, I'll check back this game in 10 years or so. There are so many other good developers that really deserve attention and make this amount of content in 2 moths or less. Peace out.
Seriously. There's so many other good games (not saying this one isn't good) that would have had at least 3 more updates out by the time we're getting 1. I understand you can't pump out updates left and right, but 8 months for "300ish renders" and "3 animations," which we may not even get to see all of, is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Ozzfest

RiQuY

Nov 6, 2018
Seriously. There's so many other good games (not saying this one isn't good) that would have had at least 3 more updates out by the time we're getting 1. I understand you can't pump out updates left and right, but 8 months for "300ish renders" and "3 animations," which we may not even get to see all of, is a bit ridiculous.
That's how this always has been, nothing new. Just the same as previous updates.
If you feel impatient, the best thing you can do is check this thread once a month, I'm not joking.

Reactions: Ozzfest

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I am sure Carbonblue has reasons. Like I said before, we are all getting it for free, so unless you are a long time-subscriber, we should give him a break. Hopefully future updates will be quicker. I still think 2-3 months should be the target, but I am sure it isn't always easy to do that for many devs.

Many of my favorite games are on (very) long delays these days, unfortunately. We are still in a global pandemic, and just because things are looking better in the USA, doesn't mean the rest of the world is in the same situation.

However, there are still lots of games here I haven't tried that look pretty decent, and quite a few updates of other second-tier (for me) games that I haven't played yet either, so I suggest one of those. If you want recommendations based on a particular style you like, try the recommendation thread. Or just look at all games here sorted by rating.

I am not immune to getting impatient, but it doesn't help ultimately, and I support the devs I like, and skip the ones that I think aren't being straight with their fans.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Seriously. If I were you I'd ask for your money back.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes