4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Thing is, it's still more content out during that time than, say, Milfy City. While CB's doing less money than Icstor.
Absurd ? Probably, yeah. But that's the economic model of Patreon. If a supporter doesn't like it NO ONE forces them to continue putting their money in a project.

The thing that really start to upset me, though, is when freeloading people such a most of those posting here start to judge people who do want to be a patreon. You don't like how long it takes, we get it. In the end, like I said before today, you still take an awful amount of time to come here and bitc... Complain about it. But you have no call on it. Zero. In the end, CB puts his game for free out there. You don't get to complain if you're not subscribed. You don't get to be upset on behalf of patreons. You don't get to criticize them, either.

The level of entitlement of some, and the lack of respect they have toward a PERSON (especially during those times of struggle) while most are comfortably sitting behind a chair doing NOTHING is astonishing.

I'll kindly remind you that CB is working full time, taking care of his mother, dealing with the loss of his dog on top of creating a game. I wonder just how many of yall have a clue what that takes. I do have a fairly good idea though.
The fact you have to use Icstor, a dev almost universally shat on for their shady practices, as a favorable comparison says a lot.

I also have to point out most of the posts are referring to a complaint made by one of the Patrons posted here. Are they allowed to be "upset" about anything or do they need a spanking for being naughty too?

And lastly, unless you can point me to a rule of this pirate forum saying you have to be a Patreon to criticize dev practices, users can criticize whomever the fuck they want. This absurd notion that you can't dislike something unless you have paid for it, is prime logical fuckery and yet people keep parroting it.

Last edited:

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
The fact you have to use Icstor, a dev almost universally shat on for their shady practices, as a favorable comparison says a lot.

I also have to point out most of the posts are referring to a complaint made by one of the Patrons posted here. Are they allowed to be "upset" about anything or do they need a spanking for being naughty too?

And lastly, unless you can point me to a rule of this pirate forum saying you have to be a Patreon to criticize dev practices, users can criticize whomever the fuck they want. This absurd notion that you can't dislike something unless you have paid for it is prime logical fuckery and yet people keep parroting it.
OK, first of all:
Icstor is a special case. I said it before, there is no way people are actually paying him five to six digit-figures a month after he hasn't published ANYTHING in two years. No updates, no statements, NOTHING. I'm actually convinced that russian dude is using his patreon to launder money.

Second:
People like the guy you responded to always amaze me. I'm working in a creative field myself, and those fanboys simply don't understand how our business works. I mean to them it's like I'm not allowed to critisize GoT Season 8 until I bought the BluRay-Set. They don't understant that public critique not only gives me exposure, it's also valuable feedback to avoid those mistakes in the future and thereby increase the amount of people willing to buy the next BlueRay-Set.
If I only allow those to talk who are already paying, I won't learn why ONLY those people are willing to pay and won't increase my income.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
It's a shame you guys lack reading comprehension. I never said anything about legit criticism. I actually have mine too. I'm talking about attacks against the patreons, and constant bitching about delays.

As someone "working in creative field", you should more than anyone understand that it is by no mean a straight line, and that it's not at "constant speed" either.
And that the times being what they are, it doesn't help with it either.

And coming here to yet again complain about "how short the update is" when CB himself warned for months it wouldn't be a big one despite the delays doesn't make anyone look that smart, either.

As it is, 90% of the "critics" posted here have brought nothing to the table. Mostly nothing about storytelling, renders, etc...

buneamkk

Jan 19, 2019
Just as I was starting to enjoy, it ended. That dog scene tho, I have lost a few pets myself, hit right where it feels. Here's hoping we get to see more updates in a shorter amount of time.

Reactions: RolandG.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Right now, I'm just waiting to see two things: If he charges this month (since he claimed to not charge, if the update wouldn't be out by last week) and if the next update will also take that long for so little.
Last week I told people that if it was not out this week, I would not charge patrons for June. I was successful in getting the game out this week (which I consider before Sunday). So yes, I will be charging patrons for June.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
As it is, 90% of the "critics" posted here have brought nothing to the table. Mostly nothing about storytelling, renders, etc...
Just like you, oddly enough. Get off your high horse dude, this is a piracy website. One that gives a hell of a lot of exposure and free feedback - whether or not they take or even want it is up to them, they're adults, they don't need you trying to hold their hand or shield them from negative opinions. The notion that people must fork over money to have an opinion is just so hilariously stupid, made even more so due to it being posted on a website like this one.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Thing is, it's still more content out during that time than, say, Milfy City. While CB's doing less money than Icstor.
Absurd ? Probably, yeah. But that's the economic model of Patreon. If a supporter doesn't like it NO ONE forces them to continue putting their money in a project.

The thing that really start to upset me, though, is when freeloading people such a most of those posting here start to judge people who do want to be a patreon. You don't like how long it takes, we get it. In the end, like I said before today, you still take an awful amount of time to come here and bitc... Complain about it. But you have no call on it. Zero. In the end, CB puts his game for free out there. You don't get to complain if you're not subscribed. You don't get to be upset on behalf of patreons. You don't get to criticize them, either.

The level of entitlement of some, and the lack of respect they have toward a PERSON (especially during those times of struggle) while most are comfortably sitting behind a chair doing NOTHING is astonishing.

I'll kindly remind you that CB is working full time, taking care of his mother, dealing with the loss of his dog on top of creating a game. I wonder just how many of yall have a clue what that takes. I do have a fairly good idea though.
I don't think anybody is really upset about CB Patreons or the way he decides to use his time, it's his call and his call only.
As I said in my previous post, I am not judging but if CB wants more support he needs to earn it.

As a number of people that frequent F95 I use it to find games that interest me and if I find a good VN and a creator that proves to be consistent with his work ethic and provides content on a regular basis - I usually open my wallet and support him.

I might wait for 2-3 updates to make sure I am not throwing my money away though.
I do like CBs work and I would like to support him in the future if he proves he can earn it, so, yeah, it's actually up to him.

If you think this is just the usual forum bitching, so be it, everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Galaxyy

Jun 9, 2020
This game is great. No need to use complex walkthroughs to be able to see the 9158 different possibilities all while being extremely engaging due to its great writing and simple choices.

But honestly the development rate is abysmal and on top of that you have CarbonBlue and his empty promises that this update would have been released much earlier.

In one year there was absolutely no new content, seeing as this update is close to nothing.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Last week I told people that if it was not out this week, I would not charge patrons for June. I was successful in getting the game out this week (which I consider before Sunday). So yes, I will be charging patrons for June.
OK, I know this is nitpicking and in the end, it's just a question of how you interpret it. But please allow me adress this just for clarity:

You literally said "this week" in your statement from the 21st. So nine days ago.
Neither did the update come out that week, nor did the update come out within a week.
You didn't say anything about next week..

Now, I played the update and you only missed the "within a week" frame by two days, so it's fine by me. But after some of the experiences I made with other devs, please don't blame me for thinking: This looks a little like going back on your word.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
You literally said "this week" in your statement from the 21st. So nine days ago.
I update on Fridays. So when I said, "If it's not done and on your computers this week, I will not charge for June" you thought I was saying it would be done the next day? I meant it would come out during the next week.

But if you are a patron and take issue with this, send me a note on patreon and I will refund you.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes