4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
No more of this "hurr durr it was five minutes" shit, you guys got it all out, we don't need any more of it. If you've got some constructive GAME criticism by all means, be my guest. As for CB's time management skills, he knows he fucked up, all we can do now is wait and see if he does better next time. Yelling at him isn't going to change a damn thing.

Kioku

Jan 16, 2019
Some things I'm curious about:

1: I've noticed that Horror is a fetish in this.

2: What is going on with the numbers hidden in the static (Shown when you click no one)

3: I've noticed that even though there's been several updates, some areas of the game have still got the wait for next update messages, then lets you continue on. Why were these not removed?

All in all, I think it's a solid game though.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. The sense of entitlement in this thread is off the charts. If you are a patron, either keep supporting CB or not. Donations are voluntary, as you all know. It is a completely free-market system. People donate when and if they want to support the dev, if not, they stop donating, simple.

Those that like to criticize for the slow updates are certainly free to make their own game if they think they can do better. Daz is free, many assets are available here,so you can learn and get experience, and there are lots of YouTube videos and tutorials on creating RenPy games. You try to make something unique and interesting, and then release large updates every month or two.

I am not saying that there is no place for criticism if warranted, but there is a big difference between some well-known gaslighting devs that promise updates, give one excuse after another, then go silent for months at a time, never give specifics about what they are working on or the cause of the delays, and then end up never releasing anything, and devs like Carbonblue, who have been completely straight with us all along.

I would love it if updates were quicker, but all of Carbonblue's reasons in his patreon post seem genuine. Shit happens, and as a hopeless introvert myself, I can totally see how the death of a loved pet, especially if you don't have a lot of family or friends around to distract you, could really put a damper on your creative motivation. We should all have a little humility and compassion.

Criticizing him for playing Cyberpunk? How ironic. Aren't we all gamers here?

Thanks, Carbonblue, for making such a fun game with several very memorable and unique characters. I look forward to continued updates, and to start to learn more about what is really going on in the game world.

Last edited:

BeansAndToast

Nov 13, 2020
Ok, how many different stories about their father did you get maeve to tell you? I've seen two so far.

Also, we see any other spots where the girls are lying to you? Other than Angel saying she here for no strings attached.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Some things I'm curious about:

1: I've noticed that Horror is a fetish in this.

2: What is going on with the numbers hidden in the static (Shown when you click no one)

3: I've noticed that even though there's been several updates, some areas of the game have still got the wait for next update messages, then lets you continue on. Why were these not removed?

All in all, I think it's a solid game though.
1. Humor, not horror. I'm not saying there won't be some horror elements, though, what with werewolves and Shannon.
2. Any numbers in any static are likely due to individual system errors.
3. I'll fix the transitions in the next update.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Ditto, Shannon is still fantastic in her own cartoony way, Angel seems like a solid "girl with baggage" story in the making, and Maeve (even if I'm not a huge fan of the immersion-breaking meta stuff) is shaping up to be my favorite. Shannon is definitely more fun and easier to click with, but my preferences tend to lean toward the more serious type.

1. Humor, not horror. I'm not saying there won't be some horror elements, though, what with werewolves and Shannon.
You, uhh... You mean the comedic scenes with the knives and axes, right? She's not literally axe-crazy, is she?

Oh no... :eek:

Reactions: Classy_Turtle

Machete

Apr 7, 2020
Great quote from Being a DIK this time! I would have made the dog's eye Maeve white, just to throw there a red earring.

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
Just played this game for the first time. Loved it. I'm guessing by some comments here that I've probably missed some stuff, so I'll reserve my "too short" criticism for later.

I'm wondering if the dev is a fan of Berkeley Breathed...

Anyway, keep it up!

PS, How many other VNs are being rendered in that library? :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CarbonBlue

Arcane41

Jul 7, 2018
Ditto, Shannon is still fantastic in her own cartoony way, Angel seems like a solid "girl with baggage" story in the making, and Maeve (even if I'm not a huge fan of the immersion-breaking meta stuff) is shaping up to be my favorite. Shannon is definitely more fun and easier to click with, but my preferences tend to lean toward the more serious type.
man, the meta stuff IS what made this VN different from all other i've seen on this website... well, that and Shannon. Shannon is awesome.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
The lack of responses from the main character makes this super weird. I only noticed this in the last 2-3 updates, was it like that before too? Seriously I can't remember. I mean sure, there's the answers you click on but aside from that, barely anything.

Reactions: Warhawk1

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
The lack of responses from the main character makes this super weird. I only noticed this in the last 2-3 updates, was it like that before too? Seriously I can't remember. I mean sure, there's the answers you click on but aside from that, barely anything.
Yeah,I noticed that as well. Supposedly,it's a type of writing style that the dev is trying out(Don't quote me on that tho).I'm not a fan,but I guess some people like it.

Machete

Apr 7, 2020
Well, i guess MC is kinda on the passive side. But, to shake a speare on his side, the ladies around him are pretty nuts, unpredictable and quite talktative (and we like them this way). It kinda make sense that MC doesn't have much space to reply and is in a kind of perpetual "what the fuck" state.

Not much of an update, ok, but so it was the previous one. Unfortunately, not to be unappreciative of Carbon Blue's work, i fear this game might not be going anywhere on the long run. The story has the potential to be a very funny, long and eventfull one, yet the release pace of CB would take literally years to just get anywhere. And by then, unfortunately, players and patreons are likely to have lost any interest in the project.

Unfortunately, because this is way the funniest game on the site and i adore every second of it.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Since I decided to skip the short October update, I thinks it's time for me to enjoy this game again after 14 months.
Really excited to meet Shannon again :)

Reactions: Jaun Karr
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes