4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
We have an update post, folks!

Friday Update - On a Tuesday! June 22, 2021

Hello, Patrons!

Sorry about the late update. Busy weekend. And sometimes I get on a bit of a roll with the update and it feels like if I talk about it, the roll will stop, heh.

Current status:
Writing - 75%
Rendering - 15%
Animations - 25%

The writing on the update is essentially done, except for the ending. And the ending is not going to require much writing. What it does require is figuring out just how I'm going to finish the update. There's one big event that happens at the end and I know exactly how that's going down. But then there's a little side-story to conclude. I have a couple different options on how to handle it, and I have plenty of time to figure out just how to do it.

Rendering is going strong now that I have all the early characters created and dressed. I still have one important character to dress later in the game and I might make a poll on that this week or next.

I just added animations to the status as those are easily quantifiable. I've done enough work to finish all my animations 3 times over, but I'm only at 25% because of errors and revisions. I think I now have my animations in a place where I can finish them relatively quickly.

This update is definitely coming along better and faster than prior updates, thankfully. I can't wait to see all of your reactions!

-CarbonBlue

Several sarcastic comments came to mind, but I'll refrain, and just think positive thoughts. :) (y)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I really dislike the MC: he's so silent, never talk, he barely responds when someone speak to him, no inner thoughts. And he's too passive for my taste.
This is a conscious decision by CB and plays directly into the story of the game. You'll notice that unlike most VNs after the player chooses a choice the MC doesn't repeat that line of dialogue. That's likely a big reason why you think he doesn't speak often when it really is just a different way to handle the VN that you're not used to.
Some choices are really annoying, e.g.: why do you give us the chance to refuse (two times in the same dialogue!) to go with Olivia, when you can't avoid that and she force you to go? If an event is important and unavoidable for the story, this type of choices are useless and irritating. There are better ways to manage traits/relations points.
I don't disagree with this, except for the fact that maybe MCs lack of control might play into the story as outlined above. Let's not forget it plays into Olivia's character and MC seems like a nice guy (no, not one of those) who would certainly help the woman that's giving him a place to sleep for free out.

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
When you say yes to changing the oldest girl's name you get a roll back error so you can not change her name :(.
The worse part is even if you say no to changing her name it still gives you a roll back error and resets all names back to the default names UGGGGG.
Ok what is up with some of the choices when it gives you a roll back error and forces you into something else.
The coding needs to get fixed on this one before you get to much farther into the making of this game.

Last edited:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
When you say yes to changing the oldest girl's name you get a roll back error so you can not change her name :(.
The worse part is even if you say no to changing her name it still gives you a roll back error and resets all names back to the default names UGGGGG.
Ok what is up with some of the choices when it gives you a roll back error and forces you into something else.
The coding needs to get fixed on this one before you get to much farther into the making of this game.
CB is working hard to fix these bugs.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You need to understand this developer's unique sense of humor.

It is NOT a bug, it's a joke, and I doubt that it will ever be 'fixed' regardless of what the developer says here. At least I hope not.

How do I know it's a joke? Because I read the script that comes with the game. That 'roll back error' is coded into the game. The image you see with that error comes with the download. It's not a system error image. It imitates one, but it's not.

You may have noticed that all you have to do to get past the error is to hit <Enter>. That's not the normal way you get past a real error.

So, if you want to change Maeve's name to something else, I'm afraid you will have to change the code yourself.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You really need to search or look through the last several pages of this thread. These aren't errors; these are intentional and part of the joy that is Unleashed. :)

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
It is believed it is a gag from CarbonBlue. It very well could be. Especially since the "rollback" acts like a glitch in the matrix. At least it did when i tried changing names. Either way not being able to change everyone's names is not a bad thing.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, that is an annoying bug. Fortunately is isn't serious like the one which force the player to peek Sharon, but doing that you will not be able to see the sex scene with her, because she is too pissed off by the main character.

You need to understand this developer's unique sense of humor.

It is NOT a bug, it's a joke, and I doubt that it will ever be 'fixed' regardless of what the developer says here. At least I hope not.

How do I know it's a joke? Because I read the script that comes with the game. That 'roll back error' is coded into the game. The image you see with that error comes with the download. It's not a system error image. It imitates one, but it's not.

You may have noticed that all you have to do to get past the error is to hit <Enter>. That's not the normal way you get past a real error.

So, if you want to change Maeve's name to something else, I'm afraid you will have to change the code yourself.
Why are you lying? THERE AREN'T JOKES IN THIS GAME! The developer is a too serious person to make a joke or to lie to us.
:confused: :) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
You really need to search or look through the last several pages of this thread. These aren't errors; these are intentional and part of the joy that is Unleashed. :)
That is also a great way to get people from wanting to keep playing a game all because of some bs that the developer thinks hey this would be fun.
What would have been better is doing it so that it would not change your choice or the names. Also it is no joy to it just a pain in the ass. So if the developer wants to add a bunch of code that turns people off of their games that is all on them. Also I would call it a total waste of code to even give a choice and pull something like that.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That is also a great way to get people from wanting to keep playing a game all because of some bs that the developer thinks hey this would be fun.
What would have been better is doing it so that it would not change your choice or the names. Also it is no joy to it just a pain in the ass. So if the developer wants to add a bunch of code that turns people off of their games that is all on them. Also I would call it a total waste of code to even give a choice and pull something like that.
As I have mentioned before, this developer's sense of humor is not for everyone. There are other games out there that probably won't annoy you.

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
As I have mentioned before, this developer's sense of humor is not for everyone. There are other games out there that probably won't annoy you.
The story is interesting, If they want to waste their time putting in worthless code that is on them let them waste their time. I will still play the game. As I said the story is interesting I would not but this game up in the amazing games. It is an ok game just interesting enough that I want to see how the story plays out only. At least they had enough sense to stop that error crap after the 1st 2 times.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The story is interesting, If they want to waste their time putting in worthless code that is on them let them waste their time. I will still play the game. As I said the story is interesting I would not but this game up in the amazing games. It is an ok game just interesting enough that I want to see how the story plays out only. At least they had enough sense to stop that error crap after the 1st 2 times.
Well, here's the thing. It may be 'worthless code' to you, but it's not to me. Nor is it to many others who play this game.

What you are saying is your subjective opinion... which is fine. But don't act like it is Gospel delivered from The Mount.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes