4.20 star(s) 125 Votes
May 1, 2020
The developer has been one of the most unlucky people on this planet with what's been happening to him in the last year, so I can understand the speed of the updates. I have no reason not to believe him, until we are faced with the proof he was maybe embellishing, but atm he seems fully legit cast of early Jackass stunts. Plus he's terrible with time management/estimates (trust me, working with a lot of developers, you need to add at least 30% to all estimates). With that out - yes he should learn from this and give a more cold&honest vs wishful thinking estimates, and would suffer less abuse probably

Deft0nes

Mar 3, 2022
I played this game a while back and actually forgot about it, then one day at work it just randomly popped in my head, I couldn't remember the name but I remembered Angel, she was the standout for me.
Anyways a few days after I decided to hop on to f95zone.to coincidentally this threat popped up and I saw there was an update on the rise which was cool seeing that I didn't really go through the wait like you guys did, I actually forgot the game lol. sadly despite what was said it doesn't seem like the update is coming anytime soon hey. well here's to forgetting the game again, I'll just go ahead and steal Angel for the time being, no harm done.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello, Patrons and Public alike!
Meet Vinnie. Vinnie has had a rough life. He's a bit skeezy but with the right incentive he can be a decent enough guy. You will be meeting him in the coming update. Actually, you - the main character - will not be meeting him. Cryptic, huh?! ;)
I still do not yet have an exact release date for you. However, if it is not out in this month of March then I will not charge patrons for April.
Also, I want to talk a little about what's coming after the update and remind those of you who might be new to my Patreon.
At some point after the update is out I will change up the tiers a little. I will replace the $1 tier with a $2 tier. This will only affect new patrons! If you are currently donating a dollar you will still be able to do so. The reason for this change is because at $1 much of the money on both our ends goes to Patreon fees so it doesn't really make it worth it. I will give the public and patrons alike at warning before this change goes live - it will probably happen on the first of May.
I will also be adding a Tier 5, with details yet to come. This will likely be a limited tier where people can get additional custom renders.
And speaking of custom renders, I will be reaching out to all the Tier 4's to go over the custom render process after the update is out. The rules will remain the same - the amount of nudity can only match the current level of nudity in the game.
I also still plan on fixing up the UI a bit. That will require a level of coding knowledge that I do not currently possess but I will acquire it after the update. You can expect to see some placeholders in the update when it comes out, such as a Gallery that I intend to implement in 0.6.
As always, if any of you have any questions, comments, or just want to say hi, you can always reach me through the comment section here, through private messages here, or the best way to reach me is through my Discord channel.
Thank you all for your support! Stay safe!

-CarbonBlue

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Hmm. Just a thought. If you are releasing less than once a year, with nothing forthcoming now, is it really the time to increase the cost of donations?

I don't care either way since I stopped donating since I can't in good conscience donate to any project with less than one release a year, especially with updates that honestly only take a few minutes to play, but it's not a good look.

I always talk up Unleashed, and it was one of my favorites when released, but as someone who works for a living, like most of us, I can't support the laid back, lackadaisical attitude many devs seem to get once they start making thousands of dollars on their games. It gives all other devs who actually are workinga reasonable amount, a bad name. If you charge fans every month, you really should be able to release something every 3-4 months, even if you only work a handful of hours every few days.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hmm. Just a thought. If you are releasing less than once a year, with nothing forthcoming now, is it really the time to increase the cost of donations?

I don't care either way since I stopped donating since I can't in good conscience donate to any project with less than one release a year, especially with updates that honestly only take a few minutes to play, but it's not a good look.

I always talk up Unleashed, and it was one of my favorites when released, but as someone who works for a living, like most of us, I can't support the laid back, lackadaisical attitude many devs seem to get once they start making thousands of dollars on their games. It gives all other devs who actually are workinga reasonable amount, a bad name. If you charge fans every month, you really should be able to release something every 3-4 months, even if you only work a handful of hours every few days.
Shhh. You're going to upset the blind white knights. ;) That being said, I agree 100% with your post.

P.S : F95 should add " medals " in it's emoticons list. Your post clearly deserves one.

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020
Tell me you don't know shit about development without saying it.

Also, what makes you think I don't work for a living? So if we both work for a living, where's your VN?
To be fair, producing a few renders in 12 months isn't really working on a VN either. Remember, you actually said the next update was close to being done nearly a year ago. People are going to judge you by your output (or lack of) - that's just the way it is.

It's a real shame what was once a quality product and a great rep has been flushed down the pan by your lack of credibility and honestly with the community that supports your hobby.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The developer has been one of the most unlucky people on this planet with what's been happening to him in the last year, so I can understand the speed of the updates.....
May I introduce you to Aorrta? Or Cloudet?
No need to go icstor-deep, yet those few guys truly are "one of the most unlucky people on this planet", cb still has a lot to endure to reach those levels of suffering.

And as you might have a soft spot and warm heart/pocket, if you arent supporting these guys, you should consider it.
Their games are great, the chicks are among the hottest around, and the updates come once per year on average.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Tell me you don't know shit about development without saying it.

Also, what makes you think I don't work for a living? So if we both work for a living, where's your VN?
I understand why you are being defensive. I am legitimately a big fan of Unleashed, and a long time past donor, so I think I have a right to have my own opinion as much as anyone.

Making a VN is a hell of a lot of work, as I have expressed many times. Lots of people think it is easy, but it takes a lot of creativity, posing time, writing and proofreading, image post processing, coding, and of course many nights of rendering. But I stand by what I said. If a developer works 3 or 4 hours every 3 or 4 days, renders at night, most of the time, he should have many hundreds of renders after 3 or 4 months. Enough for some kind of update. Make it 5 months, whatever. But a year for an update that lasts 5 minutes, is not reasonable. I thought maybe it was a one time thing, but here we are almost a year later. If you are receiving thousands of dollars a month or two, making a VN is a side job, and should be treated as such.

I am just saying what I personally feel is worth supporting financially. If Unleashed were the only game out there, it would be a different story, but there are a lot of devs out there that release fairly consistently every 2, 4, 5, months, because they feel that by taking thousands of dollars from their fans every month or two, they owe it to them to release something.

Last edited:

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
I understand why you are being defensive. I am legitimately a big fan of Unleashed, and a long time past donor, so I think I have a right to have my own opinion as much as anyone.

Making a VN is a hell of a lot of work, as I have expressed many times. Lots of people think it is easy, but it takes a lot of creativity, posing time, writing and proofreading, image post processing, coding, and of course many nights of rendering. But I stand by what I said. If a developer works 3 or 4 hours every 3 or 4 days, renders at night, most of the time, he should have many hundreds of renders after 3 or 4 months. Enough for some kind of update. Make it 5 months, whatever. But a year for an update that lasts 5 minutes, is not reasonable. I thought maybe it was a one time thing, but here we are almost a year later. If you are receiving thousands of dollars a month or two, making a VN is a side job, and should be treated as such.

I am just saying what I personally feel is worth supporting financially. If Unleashed were the only game out there, it would be a different story, but there are a lot of devs out there that release fairly consistently every 2, 4, 5, months, because they feel that by taking thousands of dollars from their fans every month or two, they owe it to them to release something.
Thousands of dollars? :unsure:

1647109813527.png

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Every month or two. $846 x 2 - 8% = $1,557
that does not change the fact that the sum per month remains the same. I have no idea where you live, but in my country that's a joke and you have to have a full time job to survive. but this also means that the free time that's left can be very small.

and I can understand that the developer doesn't want to put every free minute into the development of the game.
NOBODY is forced to invest money in his game. And there is NO claim to any performance through Patreon payments.
and I think there are a lot more people complaining here who don't pay than people who do.

But what is most relevant, I think that nothing will change at all, no matter how often it is written here again and again, how long everything takes etc..

you have a much more relaxed life if you take things as they come and practice patience.

Stay healthy and be happy if you do not live in a country where it bombs raining!

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017

I am not going to comment on any of the other stuff - but let me comment on one thing here:

In business the value of something is not calculated by the time a consumer spends with it or the joy they have with it. A product requires certain investment of time, work, intermediate products and so on. The sum of that plus a margin commonly creates a price. Your argument of '...only a few minutes to play' has no substance in this context.

That said the price of the endproduct might - i repeat - might be less than it actually should cost. Until you really know how much intermediate material (renders and text) and manhours goes into your 'few minutes' your arguments are somewhat misplaced.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I am not going to comment on any of the other stuff - but let me comment on one thing here:

In business the value of something is not calculated by the time a consumer spends with it or the joy they have with it. A product requires certain investment of time, work, intermediate products and so on. The sum of that plus a margin commonly creates a price. Your argument of '...only a few minutes to play' has no substance in this context.

That said the price of the endproduct might - i repeat - might be less than it actually should cost. Until you really know how much intermediate material (renders and text) and manhours goes into your 'few minutes' your arguments are somewhat misplaced.
I agree with everything you said here. I wouldn't have even mentioned the length of the update if it didn't take over a year to create.

Creativity takes time, and it can't be reduced to a simple calculation, not should it be strictly transactional, and shit happens. Sometimes things take longer than expected due to unforeseen events, and I think we as fans understand that and can look past it. But Unleashed has gone from an update every few months, to less than one update a year. We as fans and supporters can't just ignore this fact.

I personally think every dev, if they are asking for monthly financial support, should try to release something, of any length they can, every 3 to 4 months. And if they fail to meet that goal, do what it takes to meet it next time. Reading the devs comments here, it doesn't sound like he is committed to doing anything different or making changes to his process or work schedule to make this happen in the future.

May 1, 2020
Again, how many here are actually donating to him from this thread?
Aside from horrendous time management, non existing project management skills, obvious coding and render tool using problem if a small hundred of renders and some animations take a year to finish this is not a software product, this is "art" and it takes as much as it takes. I'm presuming of course a good will and truth told by the dev. He could also be sippin' maitais on a beach somewhere in Indonesia where 800USD per month could provide a very decent living and a couple of female "maintenance staff" where a "daily job" could entail taking out fat US tourists on a fishing boat and laughing all the way to local Paysend office, but I choose not to believe it.
There is of course a lot he could do better, faster and more organized, but the question remains, would the soul of this story remain?

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes