4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
VN's take time, someone who has done a few can probably, just pump them out, someone who doesn't really care about quality can probably pump them out also. Someone who care's about quality and is making their first VN solo, will no doubt take longer for updates, than someone seasoned with the aid of either a small team or at least established work flows.

VN's are more than pumping out a bunch of renders and sticking them together, there is a real skill set that goes with visually piecing a story together so that it makes sense.

A solo Dev making a VN is essentially a Writer, Director, Producer, Cinematographer, lighting, programming, post production and marketing all rolled into one job (probably a second job, maybe a Mother or Father / Husband Wife).

If it's good appreciate it, if it takes a while savour it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Preview post from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Preview - Episode 5v3

Presented without comment. Except for this comment. Which isn't really a comment, thus not breaking my comment-free pledge.

Edit - Also, keep in mind that this is before post-processing, so it needs denoising and all that jazz.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
VN's take time, someone who has done a few can probably, just pump them out, someone who doesn't really care about quality can probably pump them out also. Someone who care's about quality and is making their first VN solo, will no doubt take longer for updates, than someone seasoned with the aid of either a small team or at least established work flows.

VN's are more than pumping out a bunch of renders and sticking them together, there is a real skill set that goes with visually piecing a story together so that it makes sense.

A solo Dev making a VN is essentially a Writer, Director, Producer, Cinematographer, lighting, programming, post production and marketing all rolled into one job (probably a second job, maybe a Mother or Father / Husband Wife).

If it's good appreciate it, if it takes a while savour it.
That is something I know well, but you left off Chief cook, and bottle washer. Oh, and Janitor.......

Reactions: DogzBallz

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I can't fucking wait to see how this thread handles the M. Night Shyamalan-esque twist.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Weekly Patreon update:

Friday Update (a *little* late) - March 18, 2022

Hello, Patrons!

I hope you all had a great week. I was quite busy and productive this week, rewriting and rendering as fast as I can. I still don't have an exact date for you, but last week I made about a $1,000 bet that it'll be out before the end of the month and I'm sticking to it - we're less than 2 weeks away!

So let me tell you what you can expect in this update:

- More nudity than all previous updates combined.
- Some custom music made specifically for this update.
- Voice acting! Maybe. Kinda. You'll see. Or maybe you won't!
- Probably a hundred hours worth of rendering time in animations that will be over in about the first 30 seconds of the episode.
- A good amount of confusion.

I will update you all when I have more information to give. Love you all, and thanks for your support!

-CarbonBlue

EDIT: Yay, 200 pages!!!

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Good Sunday morning! I told you guys I would let you know more when I know more. I now know more.
- This update should be around 350ish renders, along with several animations. If I have a really productive week it could be around 400ish renders.
- I'm looking to finish the renders by next weekend, then do post and coding over the weekend and hopefully have the beta available for my testers on Monday or Tuesday.
- You can expect the update on Wednesday the 30th or Thursday the 31st.
- Fans of Maeve and Olivia are going to be disappointed. You may not seem them at all.
- As always, Patrons get access to the release at the same time. Non-patrons will have to wait.
If anything changes, I will let you all know. <3

-CB

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes