4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
have you thought of pledging? Then you get the updates straight to your inbox. ;)

And GrammarCop: nice list! :) A- for effort. You're missing some gems though.

Last edited:

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
Last update was April. So closing in on 4 months. While it's hard to be patient because it's such an anticipated game, that's not a looooong time to be waiting really. Remember he's just one guy doing all of it. He doesn't have a team like some other developers and he still has to work a day job.

There are games without updates for more than twice as long, from developers with vastly larger patron incomes (*cough* Milfy city *cough*). Hopefully he gets to the point where the income allows him to transition to full time game development someday.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Last update was April. So closing in on 4 months. While it's hard to be patient because it's such an anticipated game, that's not a looooong time to be waiting really. Remember he's just one guy doing all of it. He doesn't have a team like some other developers and he still has to work a day job.

There are games without updates for more than twice as long, from developers with vastly larger patron incomes (*cough* Milfy city *cough*). Hopefully he gets to the point where the income allows him to transition to full time game development someday.
Yeah, tbh I am amazed by the patience/impatience of people on here. Some people will wait forever (I've seen some games where it's been a year between updates). And then other people will be constantly spamming multiple threads for updates every month. I figure that the only time to worry is if the Dev doesn't communicate.

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
He is communicating thankfully. At least, he has been sending out updates and, while I'm not going to repeat anything said regarding timelines out of respect for what he said last time about not wanting to provide specific estimates this time around, he has said this is likely to be the biggest of his updates so far. And he mentioned he has most of it together but needs to do a little editing and adding a scene that he still felt was needed. So, fret not. It's coming. But it isn't quite here just yet.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Yes, and I think he is doing a great job. btw, here is me being patient: :devilish:

Oh, Nurse!?!? I NEED....

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Yeah, tbh I am amazed by the patience/impatience of people on here. Some people will wait forever (I've seen some games where it's been a year between updates). And then other people will be constantly spamming multiple threads for updates every month. I figure that the only time to worry is if the Dev doesn't communicate.
I don't worry about it. I've got 147 other games to play when they finally come out with an update.

• Wow
Reactions: JanisL

FatBoizSlim

Jan 10, 2020
Yeah, I usually don't worry about game updates (they happen when they happen) but I was beginning to worry about this one.
Tbh I didn't worry, 'cause dev was active in this thread, the last time I saw it.

I do remember that he's just one guy, but, remember that his updates/episodes are short.
I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but potentially it could go bad, if ppl are waiting 4+ months for 10-15 minutes update.

ICSTOR isn't a good person in general, that's all I'm gonna say and Carbon shouldn't look up to him.
Devs like Philly Games are the one's that I would look up to tbh if I was in this business of making VN's.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
It'll be out sometime in August. When in August, I don't know. Could be a week, could be the end of August.

My updates are 3* longer than some popular games. You just think they're short because this game is different. It's always going to feel short. Get used to it.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
It'll be out sometime in August. When in August, I don't know. Could be a week, could be the end of August.

My updates are 3* longer than some popular games. You just think they're short because this game is different. It's always going to feel short. Get used to it.
i would think people just mean they enjoy your game alot ,, and are very bad with patience :LOL:

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Depends strongly on the game I'd say. Let's face it: most games here are different states of "not good"/"not interesting", some are okey-ish and very few are actually really good. Unleashed is one them, Being a DIK would be another, or Half-House, Last call, Intertwined, Leap of faith, Summers gone, Something to write about, Bad teacher, Become a rockstar, Connected, Stay true stay you - these are my favorites (the ones that are on my mind right now at least) and beside that they all have some other things in common: they have good stories, interesting characters and, sadly, updates take longer. Quality takes time.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I should add that I'm ok with people being impatient for the release. I'm not even sure I'd call it impatient, because in my case I think it's perfectly justified. I'm objectively taking too long on the last couple updates. I started out as a VN player some time ago and decided to make my own because I had a story I wanted to tell. I'm a fan of all the games that you guys are fans of. So I know what it's like to deal with delays and wanting to play the next update.

Being a fan of playing VNs has also contributed to my development process taking longer as time goes on. I want to make sure Unleashed is different and good, and I want the humor to not be over-the-top and enjoyable. Otherwise there's no point. That means I deal a lot with experimental storylines and scenes that don't make the cut once I take a step back and look at them. My writing professors at university always said, "writing is editing", and I've always taken that to heart.

So I apologize for my slow development process. I'm still learning as a new developer and just as I believe my renders have gotten a lot better since the 0.1 release, I believe that my process of creating a VN is slowly improving through many mistakes as well.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I should add that I'm ok with people being impatient for the release. I'm not even sure I'd call it impatient, because in my case I think it's perfectly justified. I'm objectively taking too long on the last couple updates. I started out as a VN player some time ago and decided to make my own because I had a story I wanted to tell. I'm a fan of all the games that you guys are fans of. So I know what it's like to deal with delays and wanting to play the next update.

Being a fan of playing VNs has also contributed to my development process taking longer as time goes on. I want to make sure Unleashed is different and good, and I want the humor to not be over-the-top and enjoyable. Otherwise there's no point. That means I deal a lot with experimental storylines and scenes that don't make the cut once I take a step back and look at them. My writing professors at university always said, "writing is editing", and I've always taken that to heart.

So I apologize for my slow development process. I'm still learning as a new developer and just as I believe my renders have gotten a lot better since the 0.1 release, I believe that my process of creating a VN is slowly improving through many mistakes as well.
i personally love the one liners Shannon gives out .... :love:

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

Hmm, I don't believe a word you say. :ROFLMAO:

To quote part of the opening post.
-The game is not contained to the game. The code is part of the game. This forum is part of the game. In each area there is misleading information.
-The girls in this game will lie to you.
-I will lie to you.
I just need to figure out your address somehow.. last time I played Shannon asked me send you a gift.
Fireman_Axe_Firefighter_Axe.jpg

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes