Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I honestly prefer the remake to the original. Mostly because it's not a sandbox but also because characters are, or seems, more fleshed out.
the new version appears to be a sandbox, you only saw the first half of the prologue...but just the fact that there are "reputation points and romance points" and on top of that money and doing things for the mentors. it may be very simple but it's still sandbox-ish

Actually comparing both remade MCs, not everyone in MNL hates the MC at the beginning (not the later parts into the story). Both his dad & little sister (not the step sisters) are pretty cool with him in the family (well the little sister can be a bit spoiled), hell even the step mom is also act like a proper mom to him (only retaliate when he start making moves on her).

Yea the MC in the MNL remade definitely has a better start than the MC of this remade for sure.
last time i played, the little sister was spoiled as hell, and never had that adorable dialogue(at the beginning of the old version) about being a team(while secretly super in love with MC) while in the new version is basically a little bimbo who may "cheat" on you with your bully and MC in general is pretty much someone pathetic and wimpy...sure this MC had it worse but they still are being remade into being pretty pathetic(at least at the beginning of the game)

but who knows...maybe something changed in MNL and i don't know bc the game bored me like after 2 hours.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
I kind of like the new version and I agree it has made the game that bit better and brings much more information to the characters from the beginning. In my opinion the original story was fine as it stood though. Don't like the fact we got the promise of finally getting some action with the mom in the next release of the old build (which I'm sure the majority of us was all waiting for) to starting over again and possibly now waiting another 12+ months for maybe a flash of moms tits. Wish the story had stayed the same with a new facelift. Don't like the new character the headmistress one bit and she seems a complete bitch, The teacher that the mc has always loved is now longer very interesting to me and not going to be a LI in my playthrough especially after the way she dealt with the mc in this demo and the fact there are now other males to contend with is bringing bad vibes of having to deal with the possibility of losing a LI to them. Really hope I'm wrong in this but it's just a gut feeling I have.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I kind of like the new version and I agree it has made the game that bit better and brings much more information to the characters from the beginning. In my opinion the original story was fine as it stood though. Don't like the fact we got the promise of finally getting some action with the mom in the next release of the old build (which I'm sure the majority of us was all waiting for) to starting over again and possibly now waiting another 12+ months for maybe a flash of moms tits. Wish the story had stayed the same with a new facelift as the headmistress and the fact there are now other males to contend with is bringing bad vibes of having to deal with the possibility of losing LI to them. Really hope I'm wrong in this but it's just a gut feeling I have lol.
Yeah having to wait for some Alice content again is the only thing that I am not a huge fan of since she is my favorite girl in the game, but I also like all the other girls so it's not too bad.

D

Deleted member 2497343

In the original game, my favorite girl was Elena.

She would probably lose her place to Alice, but as you know we never had any content with our mother. I don't know about you guys, but I hated Elena in this new version. The fact that she voted against the MC made me sick to my stomach, not even Judas was such a traitor.

The best addition in my opinion was the old man with a criminal past. I think he was implemented in the game to be some kind of mentor for the MC, right? I think he is the way for the MC to become more badass.

I can't wait for the next update. :D

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I mean she didn't really have a choice from what we know the mc wasn't really the best student there, at the end of the day she has a job to do and she can't recomend him if he doesn't meet the criteria.

D

Deleted member 2497343

I mean she didn't really have a choice from what we know the mc wasn't really the best student there, at the end of the day she has a job to do and she can't recomend him if he doesn't meet the criteria.

Her vote would not change anything. She could have voted in favor if she really wanted to. She voted for Zachary for money, but didn't she vote for the MC even though she was aware of the difficulties he and Alice are going through?

With friends like these... :KEK:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
She would probably lose her place to Alice, but as you know we never had any content with our mother. I don't know about you guys, but I hated Elena in this new version. The fact that she voted against the MC made me sick to my stomach, not even Judas was such a traitor.
Still had the nerve to act like she has some superior moral code and did something so awful believing it's in MC's best interests

seriously: I care about you...so much that I decided to destroy your future, be open about it, and I didn't even fight against the decision to ruin your future...sure I could have voted in your favour, you would lose the recommendation regardless (because the majority voted against you) but I want you to know that I decided to be part of the group that ruined your future because I care about you.

I mean she didn't really have a choice from what we know the MC wasn't really the best student there, at the end of the day she has a job to do, and she can't recommend him if he doesn't meet the criteria.
It was a vote, like I wrote above, she could vote in favour of MC, the decision would still end up ruining MC's future, but she would have a clean conscience, but she: knows why the principal wanted to talk to MC, she could have told him but no(we wasted time seeing her undressing...) she had to make him anxious by being all mysterious...and when MC arrives to the principal's office, she (and the principal) drops the bomb on him like it's not a big deal...and she still gets mad over MC's reaction and still believing that she did that because she has MC's best interests at heart.

MC wasn't the best student, because of his anxiety issues, the bullying and everything...but so far we're told that even in that situation did the best he could. Also, Zachary(one of the bully) bribed his way to college...maybe we'll learn that on top of that Zachary(by whining to his mom) bribed the school into voting against MC

Waifston you facepalmed one of my post, it's legit, and yet I'm still here, because I care, I'm sharing opinion(and reading other people's opinion) because I care about the game, and i want to be proven wrong.

Her vote would not change anything. She could have voted in favour if she really wanted to. She voted for Zachary for money, but didn't she vote for the MC even though she was aware of the difficulties he and Alice are going through?

With friends like these... :KEK:
Exactly this! That's my whole point, Her vote wasn't going to change a thing, but her conscience would be clean but nope, not only she voted against MC(for money) she still insults MC and still insisting that it was in MC's best interests to "not even try to save his future" and still act like she still is admired by MC...

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Like it was said, her vote wouldn't change anything. Zachary and his mother have a lot of power so she had no choice but to vote for him. I agree that it would have been nice if she voted for the mc, but during the talk with the principal they ask him if there was another reason for him to skip school so much. I think they were trying to help him but since he decided to not tell them anything they had no choice, and had to keep their decision.

D

Deleted member 2497343

Still had the nerve to act like she has some superior moral code and did something so awful believing it's in MC's best interests

seriously: I care about you...so much that I decided to destroy your future, be open about it, and I didn't even fight against the decision to ruin your future...sure I could have voted in your favour, you would lose the recommendation regardless (because the majority voted against you) but I want you to know that I decided to be part of the group that ruined your future because I care about you.

And there is still a dialogue option in which the MC chooses to agree with Elena. :FacePalm:
Without a doubt, one of the weakest and most pathetic protagonists ever created if he had no other options for dialogue.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
And there is still a dialogue option in which the MC chooses to agree with Elena. :FacePalm:
Without a doubt, one of the weakest and most pathetic protagonists ever created if he had no other options for dialogue.
and that's why i made a post that summed up MC's situation in this first part of the prologue(and i even forgot, at the time, the whole thing about the teacher acting like she is an old family friend and still decided to not even try to fight for MC's future)...i got facepalmed by Waifston and still waiting for an answer of any kind(even a death-threat would be nice at this point...at least it means he has an opinion about my post and why he facepalmed XD)

i swear, some NTR-games' MCs have more dignity(and they're less pathetic) than this version of MC

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
and that's why i made a post that summed up MC's situation in this first part of the prologue(and i even forgot, at the time, the whole thing about the teacher acting like she is an old family friend and still decided to not even try to fight for MC's future)...i got facepalmed by Waifston and still waiting for an answer of any kind(even a death-threat would be nice at this point...at least it means he has an opinion about my post and why he facepalmed XD)

i swear, some NTR-games' MCs have more dignity(and they're less pathetic) than this version of MC
How is he pathetic? The guy has issues, weaknesses, both morally and physically. It created to make his more complex character but not a blatant perfect guy. The story will be developed further and he will become more and more confident in himself.
I apologize for ignoring you, but I really, really, really not in a mood to make long detailed answers and explain everything. My 3 months work just flushed into the toilet.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I mean it's not like the mc in the older version was some kind of chad. The whole point of the game is for the mc to grow and become someone that can take care of his family.

D

Deleted member 2497343

Waifston must be having a hard time dealing with negative (and positive) criticisms. There is not much to be done but to give him some space. First he created a Christmas episode that no one asked for and most people hated it, then right after that he decided to make the game from scratch. Again, something that nobody asked for.

I like to think that Waifston knows what he's doing, it's not easy but the guy deserves a vote of confidence.

EDIT: What did I say about Waifston, see?

• Haha
Reactions: Red Sand

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I mean it's not like the mc in the older version was some kind of chad. The whole point of the game is for the mc to grow and become someone that can take care of his family.
True, it's a story about the dude with problems and how he overcomes them.
For over 3 months I was taking writing classes on how to create a good story.
I learned that Desire, Weakness, and Need of the main character are very important, it's the spine of the story. That's why I focus so much on those aspects. But seems all this negative feedback makes me doubt myself and my skills, I simple don't know what to do next.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
How is he pathetic? The guy has issues, weaknesses, both morally and physically. It created to make his more complex character but not a blatant perfect guy. The story will be developed further and he will become more and more confident in himself.
and it's fine...but for now you only showed his flaws...not his qualities...maybe you could put two lines of dialogues where a teacher, or the principal herself says:even though your grades are the top of your class the fact that you're absent like most of the time, it forces us to not give you the recommendation.

Something about his qualities...you know...maybe he knows his way around words(so like he can be extremely manipulative but subtle about it) or i don't know, maybe he is good at something(and don't tell me he knows how to build a PC...bc going cheap on the PSU is a major proof of his idiocy...i upgraded my PC and still made sure that my PSU was fine with the new improvements XDXD and all i needed was a guy on YouTube telling me that, and then i learned easily how to install the new pieces for my PC...and i'm a random person) so yeah, okay you gave him issues, weaknesses but my point still stands: where are the qualities? He is loved? That's not a quality, because people "decide" to like or dislike you XD

mind me, i still like the game, i'm critical as hell and i still am here trying to enjoy the experience that the game is offering me(for free bc sadly i wish i had the money to support my favourite devs)

so give me some of MC's qualities and i'll GLADLY shut up XD

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Waifston must be having a hard time dealing with negative (and positive) criticisms. There is not much to be done but to give him some space. First he created a Christmas episode that no one asked for and most people hated it, then right after that he decided to make the game from scratch. Again, something that nobody asked for.

I like to think that Waifston knows what he's doing, it's not easy but the guy deserves a vote of confidence.

EDIT: What did I say about Waifston, see?
The game is already lost if I sitting here, writing, trying to explain why I did this and why I did that. I need to take some time to think about what just happened and make the right decision about what to do next.

• Sad
Reactions: Xill

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The game is already lost if I sitting here, writing, trying to what I did this and why I did that. I need to take some time to think about what just happened and make the right decision about what to do next.
your next releases will shut us up. when a new project begins there will always be tons of criticism...hell some new games are ignored because they don't have potential to be big, your games(both versions) have that potential, otherwise i wouldn't be here writing so much.

so you can either use this criticism to learn the flaws of your game and improve it, or just be like "shut the hell up you players! this is my game, i do what i want and then you'll see!"

my bestfriend taught me that the only way to silence the haters is to prove them wrong...some of the greatest achievements of humanity were made by people who wanted to silence a bunch of depressing haters and prove them wrong, and they did, stick to that.

Reactions: Red Sand

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
True, it's a story about the dude with problems and how he overcomes them.
For over 3 months I was taking writing classes on how to create a good story.
I learned that Desire, Weakness, and Need of the main character are very important, it's the spine of the story. That's why I focus so much on those aspects. But seems all this negative feedback makes me doubt myself and my skills, I simple don't know what to do next.
Negative criticism must be really hard to deal with especially when you put so much work into something. Personally I think the demo is a step above of the original game. You learn a lot more about the characters you meet and the characters seem to be more complex. The mc in the original game felt like he was just a dude that wanted to have sex, now he actually has a goal other than losing his virginity. You need to have more confidence in your work. There will always be people that will not like what you create, it happens with literally every game, but you need to not focus so much on what indivuals say, but focus on what your community as a whole thinks about the game and what you are doing.

D

Deleted member 2497343

The game is already lost if I sitting here, writing, trying to explain why I did this and why I did that. I need to take some time to think about what just happened and make the right decision about what to do next.

That's what people who criticize you are afraid of.

Do you know what you're doing? I want to believe that you know exactly what you are doing.
You're a good developer, man. Take a look at your game until the Christmas episode, it wasn't too bad. Your biggest flaw is that you only make the wrong decisions. Again, you created a Christmas episode that nobody asked for. You made the game from scratch and once again nobody asked for it. You had plans to make a summer episode, and that no one asked for it again. Things seem to be so simple and you always try to complicate them. If you don't think you are able to deliver what people expect, then say so. I don't want to defend a game where the creator himself doesn't believe in what he created.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes