Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Negative criticism must be really hard to deal with especially when you put so much work into something. Personally I think the demo is a step above of the original game. You learn a lot more about the characters you meet and the characters seem to be more complex. The mc in the original game felt like he was just a dude that wanted to have sex, now he actually has a goal other than losing his virginity. You need to have more confidence in your work. There will always be people that will not like what you create, it happens with literally every game, but you need to not focus so much on what individuals say, but focus on what your community as a whole thinks about the game and what you are doing.
yeah, that's a pro of this new version of the game: Now MC's purpose(of seducing the ladies) is relevant to his own life and general well-being.

now: how will he do it? here comes the part where the dev must decide on MC's good traits: is he subtle? is he so unnoticeable that he can use this flaw as a quality and discover that he is pretty sneaky and by being sneaky he gets access to some blackmail material or so some diary that makes him learn what the ladies like or dislike? like maybe the teacher likes a Montblanc-cake and MC once he learns about it, can spoil her with one? Maybe he spikes it with some aphrodisiac? or maybe MC by working for the social media of the principal can decide her reputation, or he works so good and so fast that she is so impressed that decides to "reward him" with a special deal of some sort

go wild.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Waifston This is the last thing I will say about this issue. Look at the growth your patreon had in the last month, you're definitely doing something right otherwise that wouldn't happen. You will never be able to please everyone, there will always be people that will not like your game. For example Being a DIK is a game that almost everyone praises and says is great, I tried to play it and I personally didn't like it. It doesn't mean the dev is bad or that he is doing something wrong, it just means that it wasn't for my liking. You can't just focus so much on the bad reviews, you shouldn't ignore them completely either, but you need to look at your community as a whole and see what they are saying and how are they reacting, and you will see that the response to the demo is actually very positive.

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
If the demo is what your building on then the tag may have to change because more then half of the tag isn't in it yet

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
I found the whole recommendation thing to be quite solid. While MC's is given multiple points that contributed to it he still choose to not attend school, thats entirely on him to blame. It is a solid foundation to start a character arc since self reflection is a major point in character development. The problem is just that we currently don't see anything of that since the Demo ends right there. You, Waifston, have it all in your head, how the trip to the Island plays out, how the old characters get re-introduced, how the MC developes and how all the new characters may have a future impact on the story. But we don't have that right now.

Also i don't dislike Elena for what she did since the only reason why we would expect her to be nice to us is that we know she will be a major romantic interrest for us. In the Demo the MC is just a Troublemaker and a student you spent time with and stress over but nothing comes from it, since the MC still decides to not come to school. Zacharey being the asshole that he is, is totally fine since for Elena she only has to endure him and immediatly forget him after he graduates because of the money for the school. The MC still gets in trouble with him and that rightfully upsets her since she fears for her school. Thats way better writing since those people exist and have to be endured for the time and then forgotten, a thing the MC can't now because he is to young and naive for that.

Elena also not voting for the MC is expected because why should she? The MC is only creating problems and can likely cause the school to lose funding and be closed. Elena is extremly idealistic about her job. Her and the principal reinforcing the point that the MC should take the situation and improve himself on a human level is something a role person would do towards a student.

D

Deleted member 2497343

I found the whole recommendation thing to be quite solid.
Elena also not voting for the MC is expected because why should she? The MC is only creating problems and can likely cause the school to lose funding and be closed. Elena is extremly idealistic about her job. Her and the principal reinforcing the point that the MC should take the situation and improve himself on a human level is something a role person would do towards a student.

Elena claims to be one of the best friends of MC's mom, would you be friends with someone like that in real life?
Be friends with someone who sells himself for money? It's all a matter of morality, and Elena has none.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Elena claims to be one of the best friends of MC's mom, would you be friends with someone like that in real life?
Be friends with someone who sells himself for money? It's all a matter of morality, and Elena has none.
and where it's written that MC is a troublemaker? He has issues, anxieties and health problems...he has like "schoolphobia"(actual name of this syndrome is School Refusal, source: Wikipedia) someone with such social anxiety problem, he would gladly stay away from any trouble if given choice...you can answer back to Zachary....but that's it...and the flashback about the guy punching MC in the face? he was minding his own business when it happened, he didn't search for the guy.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Does it really matter that much that she didn't vote for him? It wouldn't change anything in the first place and she wasn't wrong for not voting for him, he may had his reasons to skip school but at the end of the day he didn't meet the criteria to be given a recommendation.

D

Deleted member 2497343

Does it really matter that much that she didn't vote for him? It wouldn't change anything in the first place and she wasn't wrong for not voting for him, he may had his reasons to skip school but at the end of the day he didn't meet the criteria to be given a recommendation.

Yes, it does. As I said and you said it yourself, her vote would not change anything. She can sell herself and vote for money, but can't she vote in favor of her friendship with our family? #ElenaSellOUT

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
The game is already lost if I sitting here, writing, trying to explain why I did this and why I did that. I need to take some time to think about what just happened and make the right decision about what to do next.
You have the future releases planned right? If you say the MC will overcome all the bad stuff then there's nothing to worry about for the people that say they don't like how he acts.

One thing that I didn't really notice that much while playing the game is the point @DONTMAKEMEASINNER mentions though. I didn't really think much of it that Elena voted against the MC when she is a friend of Alice. And I do think it's immoral for her to vote against the MC, but on the other hand the MC hasn't explained absolutely anything about why he acts the way he does. And if you stand up to Zachary she mentions multiple times how he shouldn't mess with him or his family, and that they do not care about him, herself or his mother and that they could destroy his life if they wanted.

So what I'm hoping for this is that first and more important for people that wanna go for Elena, is that the MC fully explains his problems to her and that she feels sorry for voting against him. Otherwise I agree that it will feel weird going for her. Unless her path is some kind of humilation/femdom content, which I'm not personally into but I guess it's good for the people that want stuff like that.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
my issue is mostly about how she acts like she did him a favour and like "yeah i screwed you over, but we're still in good terms on my side" and even refuses to acknowledge MC's feelings about it...

that's why i wanted MC to be at least smart, but nope, MC is not smart, he is often absent from school, and Elena still openly says that he is the worst student she ever had...but yeah they're still friends, totally cool(this is sarcasm btw)

so far MC is a walking failure with no redeeming quality...but hey it's only part 1 of a demo...

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
True, it's a story about the dude with problems and how he overcomes them.
For over 3 months I was taking writing classes on how to create a good story.
I learned that Desire, Weakness, and Need of the main character are very important, it's the spine of the story. That's why I focus so much on those aspects. But seems all this negative feedback makes me doubt myself and my skills, I simple don't know what to do next.
don't doubt yourself, make the game you want to make.

Reactions: Xill

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yes, it does. As I said and you said it yourself, her vote would not change anything. She can sell herself and vote for money, but can't she vote in favor of her friendship with our family? #ElenaSellOUT
It is mentioned in game that Zachary and his family have the power to destroy anyone's life in that town so yeah I don't really blame her for voting for him. She doesn't really have much of a choice. In the mc's case the reason why he doesn't get a recommendation is because he was constantly skipping school, her being a friend of the family has nothing to do with it. They even asked him what were his reasons and he chose to not tell him at that point there is really nothing they can do.

Reactions: Heavy Sleeper

Koro2099

Aug 21, 2017
I think the demo was awesome and I can't wait to get into Lolerei Power's storyline she looks gorgeous

Reactions: Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I will only forgive Elena if the 'male domination' tag applies to her. I wouldn't mind teaching this bitch a lesson on money.
I agree, and I was thinking about that before. Especially if there's a heavy male dom content with her. I mean, she's a teacher with a whip after all, it would be hot to turn the tables on her. I'm not talking full bdsm or anything like that, just teach her a lesson, no pun intended. Even if she didn't have a choice to vote for him.

D

Deleted member 2497343

It is mentioned in game that Zachary and his family have the power to destroy anyone's life in that town so yeah I don't really blame her for voting for him. She doesn't really have much of a choice. In the mc's case the reason why he doesn't get a recommendation is because he was constantly skipping school, her being a friend of the family has nothing to do with it. They even asked him what were his reasons and he chose to not tell him at that point there is really nothing they can do.

Funny, the MC is aware of what Zachary's family can do. Still, it is possible to impose yourself against him. Even the MC at the worst moment of his life has more balls than Elena. I respect your opinion, but there is nothing more disgusting in my opinion than a traitor.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Funny, the MC is aware of what Zachary's family can do. Still, it is possible to impose yourself against him. Even the MC at the worst moment of his life has more balls than Elena. I respect your opinion, but there is nothing more disgusting in my opinion than a traitor.
Yeah but the game warns you that it will have consequences and he may seek revenge.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes