Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Damn, I have spent so much time creating a good-looking male in HS and it didn't work in the end? :unsure:
Yeah the face kills the overall model,he even seems to have an unibrow shaved.
Appreciate the effort but don't like it mate.

Edit:
It is not an essential aspect for me or many others as Xill said above but it is like a good background for the scenes,you like it cause it complements the story a little.

Last edited:

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Ah I see, thanks.

I think most people don't really care much about seeing the MC's face. Especially if they wanna immerse themselves in the role. I might be wrong though. Like for example, I'll hide the MC's face since you're giving us that option. But I'd do that regardless if he was good looking or not.
I played a lot of HS adult games and never noticed that someone is complaining in the comments about seeing the MC's face.
I thought if I'll make good looking redhead male it will better help the players to get emotionally connect to the MC.
But again, nothing is worked out. Nothing. It's all just pointless.

Reactions: Tunak23

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I played a lot of HS adult games and never noticed that someone is complaining in the comments about seeing the MC's face.
I thought if I'll make good looking redhead male it will better help the players to get emotionally connect to the MC.
It's not pointless. Didn't you see how many people voted for the Premium Edition to be continued? It completely overshadowed the other choice in the polls. Also the MC thing is just a preference. I personally don't really see whats wrong with it, but like I said I'd hide it anyway given the choice.

For example. In Dreams of Desire we could barely see the face of the MC, pretty sure we actually don't. Then the dev made Midnight Paradise, and you see the MC's face all the time, and he isn't bad looking. But I still prefer the Dreams of Desire approach, but again, that's just me.

You have to make the game you like. At the end of the day you've been making the game you've liked since the start, and look how many patreons you have now because of it. Maybe interact with people to move the story forward, but don't change it too much from how you want it to be. If you change it too much and you don't like it then you'll start hating working on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2497343

Damn, I have spent so much time creating a good-looking male in HS and it didn't work in the end? :unsure:
Did you create Zachary? Probably yes. He looks like a perfect protagonist. He gives me the badass & thot slayer vibes.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
It's not pointless. Didn't you see how many people voted for the Premium Edition to be continued? It completely overshadowed the other choice in the polls. Also the MC thing is just a preference. I personally don't really see whats wrong with it, but like I said I'd hide it anyway given the choice.

For example. In Dreams of Desire we could barely see the face of the MC, pretty sure we actually don't. Then the dev made Midnight Paradise, and you see the MC's face all the time, and he isn't bad looking. But I still prefer the Dreams of Desire approach, but again, that's just me.

You make the game you like. At the end of the day you've been making the game you've liked since the start, and look how many patreons you have now because of it.
An important detail is that in both of those games the MC doesn't look like a scrawny 12 year old, trying to look cool... I agree with you about not wanting to see the MC's face, but even if that wasn't the case, I don't see how someone, who's not a shota fan, can relate to this one.

Like I said in a previous comment the dev is obviously going for a "zero to hero" thing, but he really overdid it and started way below zero. The dude can't catch a break! Everything in his life is fucked up and he looks like a manlet wannabe...

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
It's not pointless. Didn't you see how many people voted for the Premium Edition to be continued? It completely overshadowed the other choice in the polls.
Sometimes you have to look a little deeper.

Deep down we all knew that the poll wasn’t a question between the new version and the old version, it was a question between the new version and probably no game at all.

It is obvious that he prefers to work on the new version that’s not a secret, and we can’t do anything about it, it’s just how things are, so choosing the old version it’s like choosing an (even more now) unmotivated developer which increases the possibility of low quality and abandonment.

D

Deleted member 2497343

An important detail is that in both of those games the MC doesn't look like a scrawny 12 year old, trying to look cool...
I will agree with you, I also thought the fact that he seemed to be 12 years old close to women and seemed to be 7 years old with Elena a little bizarre. But not enough to make the game unplayable for me.

Then the dev made Midnight Paradise, and you see the MC's face all the time, and he isn't bad looking. But I still prefer the Dreams of Desire approach, but again, that's just me.
Don't you want to punch the MP protagonist in the face every time you see him? I can't stand him, I even ignored the game because of his face even though I loved the graphics.

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Deep down we all knew that the poll wasn’t a question between the new version and the old version, it was a question between the new version and probably no game at all.
Just what make you think so?
If by the poll the people would choose the second option I would continue working on the main game with no doubt.

Reactions: Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Sometimes you have to look a little deeper.

It is obvious that he prefers to work on the new version that’s not a secret, and we can’t do anything about it, it’s just how things are, so choosing the old version it’s like choosing an (even more now) unmotivated developer which increases the possibility of low quality and abandonment.
Maybe, idk. The good thing is that this is only the prologue and things can be changed. So instead of getting down and depressed, I hope Waifston fixes things enough to make people happy and make him want to keep working on it at the same time

Seems a lot of people don't like how the MC looks, so maybe make a couple of versions and make a poll so people can choose whichever MC they like.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think the MC is a loser. The only problem he has is his hands and him not going to college (I assume there isn't even a college in town so if he went then he wouldn't stay to fuck all the ladies.) The rest of the problems aren't his. One is Zachary's family, second is the school giving up on him and third and most important is Alice's addiction and debt. All of these can be overcome. That's probably the whole point.

He can stand up for himself, which is good, he isn't a total weakling.

He can do computer work for money, just like in the past version of the game, it's not unrealistic. I don't know how the dev plans to give the MC income but that's probably one way?

There's plenty of ways to move forward the story, it's not like it's set in stone lol.
Don't you want to punch the MP protagonist in the face every time you see him? I can't stand him, I even ignored the game because of his face even though I loved the graphics.
Lol. Good thing the girls are hot enough to make me check out the game every few updates.

D

Deleted member 2497343

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think the MC is a loser.
I don't think he is a total loser either. Waifston added a 'consequence' mechanic to the game that left an impression of the protagonist with his hands tied. Can he impose himself against people and appear less loser without suffering future consequences? Apparently not, Waifston made it clear that there are consequences, but what kind of consequences? In the end the idea is that the MC should bow his head to everything and everyone, making him look like a complete loser.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ☆Jonathan Wick♤

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I don't think he is a total loser either. Waifston added a 'consequence' mechanic to the game that left an impression of the protagonist with his hands tied. Can he impose himself against people and appear less loser without suffering future consequences? Apparently not, Waifston made it clear that there are consequences, but what kind of consequences? In the end the idea is that the MC should bow his head to everything and everyone, making him look like a complete loser.
That depends on how harsh the consequences are. Will they make you lose girls forever? Or just make it a bit harder to get in a relationship with them later? If it's the first I understand your worries. I hope it's the latter though.

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
Just what make you think so?
If by the poll the people would choose the second option I would continue working on the main game with no doubt.
That’s probably true, the fact that you would have continue the work in the old version, but would you be happy working in that? From your comments it is obvious to me that you prefer the remake.

I mean, the reality is that we can bitch and whine about the remake all day and everything that we think is wrong with it, but we can’t really change your mind, can we? No we cant, that’s just impossible. So honestly, I prefer you working in something that you like, even if I disagree with almost all of the changes.

Last edited:

leopold_00

Oct 22, 2017
Hey all. I downloaded the android version (rar file) and when extracting, is asking for a password but I can't find anything in the main page. Any ideas?

May 7, 2017
I don't think the MC is bad-looking, but like the majority of people have said, I also prefer the first-person perspective. If I had to say something in regards to disliking the MC's appearance, in my opinion, it would have to be his height since he in no way looks like a 20-year-old, and before someone comes and tells me that adult males can be that small, why is the MC's head waist-level (or only slightly above) to most of the girls in-game?. Thus with how short the MC is, only leads me to believe he is a kid rather than a 20-year-old adult.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2497343

The thing that got me first was that Elena turned into Apate, instead of being a Elpis, which killed her for me. She was top 3 for me in the old version, but her accepting an obvious bribe like that just felt way too wrong with how I'd expect things to be, with a "beacon of hope" character, and tossed her in the bin for me on principle as a easily bought and untrustworthy character, as it seems like she's been activly colluding with the principal, and by proxy, passively the mayor, from the start, and found the money worth destroying her own worth as a teacher and human being, alongside the lives of at least three students IIRC(MC+2 others).
Oooh, Elena... my favorite girl. I still can't believe that the first woman to break my heart was a character created in HS. Yeah... in real life I'm heartbreaker, so I never imagined that a 3D woman would do what a real woman didn't. Shatter my heart into a thousand pieces...

Thanks, Waifston, your improvement in writing cost my first love disappointment.

Jul 14, 2017
Yh i agree u should just quit imo or take a "break" for months/years to show them bro cheers

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes