JohnEffinDoe

Jun 11, 2017
I actually liked the old version, but ever since it got a complete revamp i stopped playing the game. Tried the demo it was wack, the added bells and whistles of the new version jist feels like cheap gimmick, don't care about those. Can't help but think how this isn't another way of milking the game

D

Deleted member 2366660

As I said earlier, I read every comment and taking notes. I'm improving things. It's just in my head I can't solve this puzzle of "why there is so much negativity". You folks give feedback as negative as if I destroyed the whole game. Butchered every damn character. Created a buggy mess with no story.
My intention was only to improve the game, make a more logical story, give characters more clear goals, improve game mechanics, improve renders with animations.
The negativity directly comes from the story's weakness. For some, it is because they don't recognize the characters. For others, it's simply because the story is not well-written. Personnally, I don't mind the characters being redone and I'm surely not asking for a complicated story. Just a story that is well built.

Maybe your incomprehension stems from your insufficiencies in english and, in a more larger scale, your cultural differencies. If you are indeed asian, it may explain why you don't get the critics. The different civilizations have divergent ways to look at life/reality. And as they have different tools to describe and fictionalize it, they also don't give the same meaning and importance to one thing.

You're on a forum that I assume has a majority of occidental people. As such, their vision of a good story must differs from yours.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
After a break, I got back to my game, played it from a different point of view. What I can say is that the plot is not bad. I have zero clues what it got so much negativity. 1 star reviews? Horrible MC? Shitty plot? This is all so strange to me. Maybe I'm just a dumb writer who can't see his horrible writing. Who knows.
i wasnt even trying to be negative tho? i said the new story flows a bit better in my opinion, that the renders seem to look better too?

hell, im not even hating on Elena like everyone else, she barely got some dialogues, helped deny the College recomendation and THAT'S IT, can't hate her cuz she's not even a character yet

i can't lie and say that either old or new plots are worth of a AAA title or something, cuz they aren't, and also said that i dont like how the remake, well, is obviously back to square one in terms of content, and that's pretty off-putting

also, branching is annoying cuz gotta replay a ton and will always make updates look smaller than what they could posibly be

imagine you have Bonito as your mentor, but suddenly, there's an update where Miss Mayor gets all the content and then you just be like "dude, there was an update?" cuz you can't even see the content unless you replay a ton

its not even the case of "oh, a character that's not my fav got more content", its a case of "i can't even see what that other character even got cuz im on an enterily different route"

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
The thing is that we pointed out how to fix them. You keep acting like there's nothing wrong when you play the game, though, that's the insulting thing about all of this. It makes you sound like you don't care.
Don't care? This is ridiculous. I care much about the game, it's the work of my life. I didn't say that there's nothing wrong with the game, I know PE has some issues. It's in the early development and there are lots to work to be done, lots of stuff to be added. But I'm willing to work on it, I have a lot of free time during summer and I'll spend all of it on game development.
The thing that frustrates me and makes me lose faith in myself is these awful reviews and the lack of progress. 3 months straight, not a single positive comment, not a slight of progress. It's all stuck in one place and decaying.
You making me think that to create a good game you need to possess god-like writing skills, real-life renders + next-gen game mechanics.

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
The negativity directly comes from the story's weakness. For some, it is because they don't recognize the characters. For others, it's simply because the story is not well-written. Personnally, I don't mind the characters being redone and I'm surely not asking for a complicated story. Just a story that is well built.

Maybe your incomprehension stems from your insufficiencies in english and, in a more larger scale, your cultural differencies. If you are indeed asian, it may explain why you don't get the critics. The different civilizations have divergent ways to look at life/reality. And as they have different tools to describe and fictionalize it, they also don't give the same meaning and importance to one thing.

You're on a forum that I assume has a majority of occidental people. As such, their vision of a good story must differs from yours.
You think about the plot way too heavily, you focus way too much on little details.
I actually liked the old version, but ever since it got a complete revamp i stopped playing the game. Tried the demo it was wack, the added bells and whistles of the new version jist feels like cheap gimmick, don't care about those. Can't help but think how this isn't another way of milking the game
Right. Milking the game. Go ahead drop another 1 star review and accuse me of milking.

D

Deleted member 2366660

You think about the plot way too heavily, you focus way too much on little details.
Interest in small details are imperative when writing a long-lasting story. Now, you're not really up to that level and I did tell you in couple of messages to "keep it simple". So I can't see why you would say that - if you have means to justify it, I'd be happy to read it.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Horrible MC?
Is the MC good? Show me a comment from a user praising the protagonist.

Shitty plot?
Isn't the plot bad? Show me a comment from a user praising the plot.

What fillers did you mention in your review?
I cannot answer for him, but if I had to answer I would say unnecessary information. For example, bust size, butt size, height, etc.

Don't care? This is ridiculous. I care much about the game, it's the work of my life.
If you really care so much, why are you wanting to argue with people? Do you want to prove them wrong by saying there's nothing wrong with the game or do you want to improve 'your life's work' so that one day it gets the recognition it deserves?

Right. Milking the game. Go ahead drop another 1 star review and accuse me of milking.
Can you blame those who think this of you? After the 4.02 update, the game had no further updates. The updates they had were the Christmas episode and after that a remake. I even thought that you had started the game from scratch in order to be able to make money for a longer time.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I feel like shit. I'm not going to comment for a further time. Sorry.
I'm disappointed with your behavior, I don't expect you to behave like that after everything that happened. I felt like someone slapped me in the face, in your head everyone's wrong and you're right? You know that we won nothing by trying to help you, right? Just a reputation for being frustrated. Don't you want to comment any more? Fine. But let me tell you something, if in the next update you have ignored the feedback we gave you again... it will be me who will leave a 1 star review.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
3 months straight, not a single positive comment, not a slight of progress.
I think there are some praises for the smooth renders, but that's about it or I guess you can also count the positive comments for the mob mentor (who's considered by many as the best character in this DEMO) as praises. The rest of the DEMO like story, other characters & the cursed clicking sex mini game are definitely NOT WORTH to write a positive comment about.
create a good game you need to possess god-like writing skills, real-life renders + next-gen game mechanics.
You definitely don't need to, just look back at your old 4.02 version. People liked it cuz of how simplistic it is, there's no god-like writing skills or next gen game mechanic involved.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I feel like shit. I'm not going to comment for a further time. Sorry.
Take your time and remove yourself a bit from it all and come back a bit fresher.

I know you intended fun things, that there are reasons for the Sofia bullying, that Mc had to be set back for the mentor system and so on and more of those things or can make a guess what you might have wanted. This is not the first story we have read or game played. What you did not take into account though is how setting MC so far back makes him an object of pity instead of sympathy and relatable with confidence based on nothing more he is one of millions of people who can do a karate kick and that confidence makes no sense with his background further..

Who has basically been emotionally neglected for years with serious problem and not a fun problem or one you can easily overlook as a player and what impact that would have on the women around him especially the Mom and Elena besides just Sofia, having everyone have so many bad traits basically every character has to be turned around and feels more like an antagonist as a possible Li would have. (Where if a mentor would really want to give MC a chance to grow he would have to face up to fact that he was neglected by them and left to fend on his own and overcome those emotions, not just the effects of the bullying and false accusation) Maybe have the three mentors have different people introducing them and all be active and working with MC at same time for different qualities/facets as a path per mentor. (One physical/ one learning/one mental for example).

Tone it down, make it simpler and less drama everywhere (especially everywhere negative drama instead of positive drama), let them show more love (not just in hugs or smile or word, but really make it feel he and his life are important to them in actions instead of showing neglect) and have actions now and in past fit if they are meant as a LI that they also cared, or just did not know him at all so are blameless for not acting.

Players also need to breathe and smile especially in a harem, make it so MC has issues from a one time shocking thing for example like a fatal accident of a friend he may feel guilty about he did not stop it, but cannot really be blamed for that the women did try to help with even if means reworking Sofia line (which she needs anyway, who in his right mind would want to ever be in a relation with someone that accused you of a false rape and seriously bullied you for years, even if could forgive you would not forget) and possibly less serious and maybe even have mentor there at behest of the girls for those issues they could not deal with for him since they are not psychologists, Elena as his teacher could be great catalyst for that, but not if her neglect over years is part of the reason he has those problems in the first place and she would be a bit late with him having graduated by now.

Also MC caring for the women firstly and shown might work better as making his first goal in life just being a male trophy wife which would work better as a plot if he was at least kinda loveable instead of a mess and would need for him to be somewhat different from a few years ago as an adult now to make sense they go for him now and not then since we are talking a twenty year old MC and not a 15 yo, even if has been set up as a shota and that should be part of his appeal, well it was not enough a year ago or two years ago when he was also available. :p let alone that with his experience as MC he would be able to make someone like Bianca an addict to his dick before she taught him lots unless you are going to add a demon that makes it magical. :p

You know it is indeed about those details and how it makes a player read a character, just throwing loads of drama in (the drama also needs to make sense and not be destroying the char of the people in game as an LI if they are intended as one, so no unforgiveable sins) and putting MC at rock bottom, does not make for fun and takes incredible skill to keep balance right and not destroy your main girls. Even someone like Drifty (who is a pretty good writer) in Leap of Faith had to go back to start of game to change things in Steph's background to be able to save one of his main girls after he set her up too dark in the eyes of his players and he did not succeed for everyone even after. What characters do or not do in a game matters and sometimes even more as why they did it, last is not always enough if the actions or lack thereof are bad enough in the first place to turn them around.

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Guess who's crying on Patreon? Waifston. He wants to know the reason for the recent loss of patreons he had. I already said that once and I will repeat it again: Much of the hate that Waifston receives could be avoided if he were clearer with the community and interacted more with it. After having seen the horrible reception of DEMO 0.2, Waifston should have made a statement claiming to be aware of the situation and that he was open to suggestions, but he did not do so. Instead, he was silent (as usual) and let people think the worst possible things about him. These people probably felt bretrayed and since Waifston didn't interact with the public, they also thought he didn't care. If only he knew how much hate he would have avoided if only he was clear with the community.

Reactions: User1230 and EZ8lt
D

Deleted member 2366660

Guess who's crying on Patreon? Waifston. He wants to know the reason for the recent loss of patreons he had. I already said that once and I will repeat it again: Much of the hate that Waifston receives could be avoided if he were clearer with the community and interacted more with it. After having seen the horrible reception of DEMO 0.2, Waifston should have made a statement claiming to be aware of the situation and that he was open to suggestions, but he did not do so. Instead, he was silent (as usual) and let people think the worst possible things about him. These people probably felt bretrayed and since Waifston didn't interact with the public, they also thought he didn't care. If only he knew how much hate he would have avoided if only he was clear with the community.
You can't solve a problem you can't define. Seems like he does not want to.

JohnEffinDoe

Jun 11, 2017
I may not like your game but DEV honestly my suggestion at this point is, just take a chill pill, ignore all the negative feedback, the game is a train wreck as it is. Don't sweat about the 1 star reviews just develop the game how you want. I honestly don't see the point of losing your sleep just cuz some dudes left 1 star reviews in your game. Also my apologies for my previous comment i wasn't aware of the barrage of insults, shit comments your game was getting.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
To avoid any comments from Waifston asking ''how the hate I get could be avoided by being clearer with the community'', I'll leave some examples:

• [PREMIUM EDITION ~]

After the Christmas update was released, Waifston said that the next update will be an improvement in the renders, animations, dating system and UI. He wasn't clear in saying that he would remake the game from scratch, for some reason he named this update 4.03 (?). This same update is known today as Premium Edition.

• [BAD RECEPTION ~]

The Premium Edition's reception was poor, what did Waifston do to calm people down? Nothing. He received numerous criticisms, people realized that he did not read their feedback. In the end, Waifston said he read everything that was posted. After seeing the negative reception from DEMO, he should have made a statement saying that he is aware of the situation and that he is open to suggestions. Instead, he remained silent and received numerous unnecessary criticisms, just because he wasn't clear to the community (again).

• [ELENA'S AND KATE'S DESIGN ~]

Much of the hate that Waifston suffered after releasing the Christmas update could have been avoided. Why didn't he communicate in advance Elena's breast reduction and Kate's appearance change? If he had been clear with the community (again), people would have reprimanded him before releasing the update and a lot of hate wouldn't have existed.

Jun 28, 2020
I don't know if you will read this Waifston but I loved the older versions of this game, they were really nice and chill to play at.
You're a great game codder and do not give up. But personally I don't like the premium edition, it's my opinion and it concerns only myself but if you can work (at your free hours obviously) on an update of the older version that would be great !
Nicely.

Reactions: Rikis
Dec 8, 2017
I'm disappointed with your behavior, I don't expect you to behave like that after everything that happened. I felt like someone slapped me in the face, in your head everyone's wrong and you're right? You know that we won nothing by trying to help you, right? Just a reputation for being frustrated. Don't you want to comment any more? Fine. But let me tell you something, if in the next update you have ignored the feedback we gave you again... it will be me who will leave a 1 star review.
take it easy dude he's trying his best just be patience maybe the next update will be better

• Haha
Reactions: EZ8lt

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
take it easy dude he's trying his best just be patience maybe the next update will be better
I will have all the patience in the world if he is willing to improve the game, but apparently he is more concerned with convincing people that what he created is not bad. And what did you mean by "he's trying his best"? We're not sure about that, so far he hasn't bothered to say if there will be any changes or if anything will be changed. Saying he reads the comments doesn't mean anything, he can read and ignore. When I thought he understood the situation, he makes a post defending that the game is not bad as we said.

Honestly, I don't even know what to think anymore.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes