Soggy Bread

Mar 28, 2021
Why did the dev decide to make a remake?
What was the problem the "old one"?
Is it worth playing the "old one" or forget about this game for the next few years?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What was the problem the "old one"?
Is it worth playing the "old one" or forget about this game for the next few years?
New one is so different from old one, but uses same models that it is better not to play the old one if did not earlier, so you do not start to compare the two.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
There was nothing wrong with the old game other than grammatical errors. You can't fix something that isn't broken, the old game was cheesy, silly and extremely fun and there's nothing wrong with that. The developer used the excuse that the plot needs improvement (it wasn't true, as I said it was a silly and fun game) and decided to start the game from scratch. Now he has more problems to fix than before, but he doesn't care. That means more time to work on the game and therefore more money to make. In other words, he did a remake just for "milking".

D

Deleted member 2366660

There was nothing wrong with the old game other than grammatical errors. You can't fix something that isn't broken, the old game was cheesy, silly and extremely fun and there's nothing wrong with that. The developer used the excuse that the plot needs improvement (it wasn't true, as I said it was a silly and fun game) and decided to start the game from scratch. Now he has more problems to fix than before, but he doesn't care. That means more time to work on the game and therefore more money to make. In other words, he did a remake just for "milking".
I'm not sure about the milking and, as I said, can understand him wanting to add depth to the story. But there are too many flaws : the story is not good, he doubt too much and because of it, he answers bitterly to those saying 'It's not good'. This environment (patreon, this thread, the game...) seems to take a toll on him. But this is the Internet. You better be prepared for it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I'm not sure about the milking and, as I said, can understand him wanting to add depth to the story. But there are too many flaws : the story is not good, he doubt too much and because of it, he answers bitterly to those saying 'It's not good'. This environment (patreon, this thread, the game...) seems to take a toll on him. But this is the Internet. You better be prepared for it.
I have personality, I say what people don't have the courage to say. In my opinion, what Waifston does is "milking". You can't trash a 2-year job and start from scratch like nothing happened. What should people think about this? Imagine, donating for years and one day the developer decides to do a remake. In my opinion, Waifston will be benefiting, even unintentionally, from the game's remake. As I mentioned, he will be able to earn money for a longer time.

I understand that every developer needs money, but there are more dignified ways to earn money than tricking people through remakes.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Man, I don't know what to say... Really. Seen all this negative feedback yet again, make me so upset. No, it was never about the writing block. Why am I do the whole rework thing? Because the old game had a lot of problems, from my perspective.
As I look at it right now, I see that I could do many things better, improve them. Give the player a far better experience. I could do better there, I could change that, I could improve this thing. The story isn't intriguing, the animations are static I could create far better ones now, the game mechanic is kind of boring.
About money... Just what are you talking about? Who is here milking money? I work as hard as I can on my game in my free time, if you could spend at least a minute playing the DEMO you could notice the efforts I made into it. True it's short, but I really put a lot of hours into it. I'm not just sitting on my butt thinking "oh I'm gonna milk those patrons for money and be doing nothing" My only intention is to make a damn good game, nothing else. And I'm going to do that, despite all this negativity I'm getting.
About updates... No, you won't have to wait a year for the new content, the updates will be released much faster since I have a lot of free time in the summer.

Sorry. I writing all this on emotions so it may seem like I being rude to you, but it's not. I understand you are upset, but believe me, the rework is worth it.
I feel like Waifston is going to spend all day crying under the shower for me accusing him of milking. So as an apology I'll quote this post to explain the reasons that led him to make the game from scratch.

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
I have personality, I say what people don't have the courage to say. In my opinion, what Waifston does is "milking". You can't trash a 2-year job and start from scratch like nothing happened. What should people think about this? Imagine, donating for years and one day the developer decides to do a remake. In my opinion, Waifston will be benefiting, even unintentionally, from the game's remake. As I mentioned, he will be able to earn money for a longer time.

I understand that every developer needs money, but there are more dignified ways to earn money than tricking people through remakes.
People don't support a Patreon for long time investment, they just want the updates early and when they aren't interested in those Updates they quit and maybe look back at it some months down the line. If he just wanted to milk he could just slow down the updates and basically post reason x,y and z of why there isn't an Update this month aka the Waifu Academy or Monster Girl Island Style. Waifston isn't doing this Full-time he still does it in his Freetime so he isn't financially bound to run it as long as possible. You have propably the same emotional investment in the game as Waifston right now, just with different emotions.

Most of the critics that voiced their opinion here said their stuff and moved on, DA22 just answers new peoples questions completly normal and let them be the judge without shoving his opionion down their throats. Joseph K. was basically down to earth the whole time and didn't put his emotions into the things he wrote. But you become more and more emotionally charged. Stating that you say stuff that others don't have the courage to say is usually the saying that you say stuff before thinking about it. Just because you ride around of the idea that first Waifston wants to add NTR so he made the MC weak and miserable on porpuse, then suddenly his Dick Size Mattering like that is the only thing one can provide during sex and now that he is milking it. All that in the span of like 3 weeks since 0.2 was posted here? I mean you will ignore what i wrote because as you have told me i usually talk shit (while also giving me a praise in the same sentence) but i don't see a reason of why you should be every 2nd Post here commenting on everything when now mostly other people come in and have some basic questions.

Last edited:

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
how were the animations in the old game compared to the new?
Hard to say as there aren't that many in the new version to compare. The Old Version already had Fluid Animations, so properly looping and not just like 2 Frame Animations. The New Ones, from the few that are there have some camera movements and varying speeds in them. Generally they are longer loops compared to the old ones.

This was an example he posted for the new Animations:
This was one from the current 0.2 Version, however it is a Dream Scene:

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
You have propably the same emotional investment in the game as Waifston right now, just with different emotions.
You're right. I think I've gotten too attached to the game, I've been going through some problems in my life over the last few years and this game has been an outlet for the past few months. It hurt to see what Waifston did to the game and I didn't react well to all that. I need a break, I need to put my thoughts in place. I should be grateful for Waifston, but here I am... thinking the worst possible things about him. Maybe it's time to come back to reality, and face my personal problems. Please, I want to apologize to all the people I have offended. Especially you, Ancarius and Waifston. I'm going to withdraw from this forum for a few weeks, it's the best thing to do. Thanks for your comment, friend.

Mar 10, 2021
Hard to say as there aren't that many in the new version to compare. The Old Version already had Fluid Animations, so properly looping and not just like 2 Frame Animations. The New Ones, from the few that are there have some camera movements and varying speeds in them. Generally they are longer loops compared to the old ones.

This was an example he posted for the new Animations:
This was one from the current 0.2 Version, however it is a Dream Scene:
so i played a little of the old game and it seemed like the animations (at least at the beginning) were just 2 frame loops? So you mean later in the game they smooth out and look good?

Reactions: JugHaschwalth

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
so i played a little of the old game and it seemed like the animations (at least at the beginning) were just 2 frame loops? So you mean later in the game they smooth out and look good?
Now that you mention it, there were 2 Frame in the beginning but everything from the First Sex Scenes onward is then Fluid Ones.

Okedman

Sep 24, 2020
I apologize in advance for my not the best English.
Faced a problem, in scenes of sex with any of the characters, my MC ends up immediately without the opportunity to change position or another look. I'm not sure where I could mess up, but most likely when I cheated. Is there a way out of the situation other than starting a new game? (version 0.4.2)

JugHaschwalth

Nov 25, 2020
This game is looking amazing now Waifston, I remember when this game was kinda sand boxy, but now there is a whole story established decently written characters and more. Needless to say I am impressed and dying to see more. But please take your time and don't kill yourself over updating this game Waifston. If there is one thing the progression of this game has taught me it's that things get better when you wait for it and let everything run smoothly.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
When the developer promised weekly updates in a pathetic attempt to defend the remake, I made a post saying Waifston was deceiving people.

People were offended by what I said and moderation ended up deleting my post.

Looks like I wasn't as wrong as people thought. Who is the real joke here?

The game developer or those people who still believe in what Waifston says?

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes