DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
He will return to the original game .:FacePalm:
Any source for that or just what you think? I hope so with some of the tips he had to go back to when Alice reentered the game and add some more story and the new chars from there based upon more positive drama overall, since that would be a better base for the game. Just with the work he put in premium seems unlikely and going back needs same technical rework.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
He will return to the original game .:FacePalm:
I'll take a wild guess and say that's something that's going to happen every time there's a big drop on his patron count... Going back and forth between the two games. Or we'll eventually see a revamped version of the premium version or something.

Any source for that or just what you think? I hope so with some of the tips he had to go back to when Alice reentered the game and add some more story from there based upon positive drama overall, since that would be a better base for the game. Just with the work he put in premium seems unlikely and going back needs same technical rework.
There's a post on his patreon page saying that v0.4.3, with the visual improvemets from the "premium" version, will be released in mid July and then he'll go for weekly updates and why he made that decision.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'll take a wild guess and say that's something that's going to happen every time there's a big drop on his patron count... Going back and forth between the two games. Or we'll eventually see a revamped version of the premium version or something.

There's a post on his patreon page saying that v0.4.3, with the visual improvemets from the "premium" version, will be released in mid July and then he'll go for weekly updates and why he made that decision.
Thanks, it is likely the wisest decision if he wants old patreons back and there not being a good decision for everyone, while basically every patreon was there for the old game so those preferring premium liked that good enough as well, since way too many were not prepared to follow him in new direction and then maybe with next game go for what he wanted to do with premium with the added lessons he learned from it and remarks on it.

Part of problem with premium was that it was not a remake, but a new game basically. Remake implies same basic story and characters with same tone with embellishment and technical upgrades. I hope it works for Waifston, though I would not be surprised if game will be less lengthy as he originally intended and upgraded remake old version will mostly give it a good end and then move on to new game based on the premium with new models and names.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks, it is likely the wisest decision if he wants old patreons back and there not being a good decision for everyone, while basically every patreon was there for the old game so those preferring premium liked that good enough as well, since way too many were not prepared to follow him in new direction and then maybe with next game go for what he wanted to do with premium with the added lessons he learned from it and remarks on it.

Part of problem with premium was that it was not a remake, but a new game basically. Remake implies same basic story and characters with same tone with embellishment and technical upgrades. I hope it works for Waifston, though I would not surprised if game will be less lenghty as he originally intended and upgraded remake old version will mostly give it a good end.
Yeah, it was a really weird decision to change the game completely (even the MC), but keep the same main female characters with the same relationships but different personalities. If he wanted so much to create a darker themed game with more drama, the best choice for me would have been to complete this one and then start a new one, with brand new characters.

Reactions: User1230

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
The Post itself for everyone to read:

Hello, today I want to share with you my plans for the near future.
I thought a lot about what happened in recent months. I realized that it was my mistake not to develop the original game further but to go with the remake idea without asking the opinion of the players. It was a kind of egoistic decision from my side. You can't just drop all the progress and fail to deliver the content people long been waiting for. The remake is truly has a lot of differences from the original game. It has a different story and setup. It has a more dark and depressing start.
As for now, work on the original game is continued. All the graphic improvements from Premium Edition will move on to the original game. That including...
  • Animations
  • GUI
  • Interior Design
  • Music + Sound Effects
As for game mechanics, the DDS + some other interesting mechanics will also migrate to the original game.
The next update (v0.4.3) will be released in mid-July, and after releasing it I'm moving to the weekly updates schedule. I need some time to prepare the game for the fast-paced updates.
Thank you for reading.
001.jpg 002.jpg 003.png 004.jpg

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, it was a really weird decision to change the game completely (even the MC), but keep the same main female characters with the same relationships but different personalities. If he wanted so much to create a darker themed game with more drama, the best choice for me would have been to complete this one and then start a new one, with brand new characters.
Yeah you could even think of a situation where the dev will slowly start to work on new game based on premium when he has updated old version and driven it forward for a few months and then starts to alternate release of the two games. With daz I would not advice that but with HS the renders are way less of a bottleneck.

Edit: Main advantage also of making premium as a new game with new characters is that even if he wants to keep Mc as was (though I would hope less a shota and not put backso far where he should be emotionally and sexually for his age), it will be much easier to have the father raise Mc for example and have mother enter game way later and have no blame with bullying but be really unaware and descend like a fury when she somehow finds out after having been on a militarily assignment for years. Same for the Elena role if he wishes too, you can make that relations loser, so they will feel less as betrayal.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddie987

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
There was nothing wrong with the old game other than grammatical errors. You can't fix something that isn't broken, the old game was cheesy, silly and extremely fun and there's nothing wrong with that.
I have personality, I say what people don't have the courage to say. In my opinion, what Waifston does is "milking". You can't trash a 2-year job and start from scratch like nothing happened. What should people think about this?
It hurt to see what Waifston did to the game and I didn't react well to all that. I need a break, I need to put my thoughts in place.

Damn, this guy alone destroyed Waifston's career and got him back to work on the old version.

It looks like Waifston made the post on Patreon based on that comment. This guy said he would be gone for a few weeks, he needs to come back RIGHT NOW.

The guy is a real martyr, he is the voice of the voiceless. I've never seen it before, this guy would be able to get ICSTOR back to work in Milfy City, I'm sure of that.

Out of respect for this legend, I will not play NTR games for 1 full year.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
The remake is truly has a lot of differences from the original game. It has a different story and setup. It has a more dark and depressing start.
I totally called it from 1 of my old post https://f95zone.to/threads/unlimited-pleasure-v0-2-waifston.33973/post-5838429

If only Waifston has made this remake as an entirely different brand new game that has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the original, it wouldn’t be causing him as much problems as it is right now. Sure he may get some complaints on why the story so dark/depressing & some concerns towards the “new” MC’s looks, but there wouldn’t be any comparisons between the characters of 2 different games (he should also change the outlooks of the girl models a little) cuz they would be different characters with different names, looks, motivations, etc.

minimeatball

Jan 15, 2019
i guess i'm happy that he's going back to the old edition, since i do believe it's much better, but i can't help but feel sorry for waifston. just constantly got shit on by everyone as soon as the premium edition was released. maybe it would have been better for him personally to just tough it out and keep working on the premium edition and improve on it, and at least realize the full vision he had rather than just call it quits during the prologue, but whatever. what's done is done; he's going back to the old version. hopefully he feels better about his abilities and what he's making, he's already proved he can make a great game

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Regardless of what it is, the fact that he is moving forward is good news.

Now we just gotta hope that he keeps going and doesn't change his mind.

Since he is incorporating the systems from the remake into the original it doesn't seem like much of a setback.

iamrebellion

Jun 17, 2021
i downloaded the new version yesterday and hated it, i barely played the old version and i already loved it. i liked the bully's mother but it looks like she's not in the original game, will the developer add her or any other premium edition's characters? i hope he only add women, i enjoyed playing with a mc who is the only man in town.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I read some comments and the post on patreon. So the "remake" was abandoned? or is he going to do a real remake of the original, like the story won't change and he's just going to improve the images, animations and implement new features like DDS?

Well, if he's going to stick with the original, I hope he'll redo the mother's part at least. From my point of view, Alice's latest updates got a bit rushed and forced the MC and Alice's relationship, no romance, just lust. I liked the new version of Alice better, at least the fact that her leaving was more "acceptable" in my opinion.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Well, if he's going to stick with the original, I hope he'll redo the mother's part at least.
Don't start that shit again! Even I, who am an outspoken critic of Waifston, am beginning to feel that you guys are overreacting. Waifston will only improve the visuals of the game, no plot will be changed. Alice does not have the complete content, there will be the LUST and LOVE option for her. Currently only LUST has been developed, in the next updates it will be possible to have a real romance with Alice if you want.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I read some comments and the post on patreon. So the "remake" was abandoned? or is he going to do a real remake of the original, like the story won't change and he's just going to improve the images, animations and implement new features like DDS?

Well, if he's going to stick with the original, I hope he'll redo the mother's part at least. From my point of view, Alice's latest updates got a bit rushed and forced the MC and Alice's relationship, no romance, just lust. I liked the new version of Alice better, at least the fact that her leaving was more "acceptable" in my opinion.
The second it seems, that does not mean that premium is off the table, but likely it will be a new game if not partly incorporated in old version. Only Waifston knows that though and yeah I would also prefer a slightly different homecoming from Mom where she already decided she would be more open to a relation with her son and wanting it and have the drama be jealousy by mom, miscommunication or the sister and grand mom working to keep them apart. I think he could make something like that work even better with old setting as where he was going and tried to implement more drama in old version before deciding on full remake.

I am already happy enough with going back to old version though even if he wants to keep drama same. Like poster above said you can also over ask. :)

Reactions: User1230 and JC07

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I don't have a problem with the old version, the only thing I didn't really like was the whole mom thing. But I've already talked about it here and left my opinion on why you find this new version of Alice a little more attractive to me. If the DEV is going to continue the old version and include or improve some details that the DEV itself finds necessary, I will definitely play again.

And since he's thinking about it and "accepting" feedbacks, if he thinks about continuing on "Premium Edition", he could remake this weak MC. Just like the old version (Alice and all NTR vibes) the new one also has its problems (weak MC, totally mediocre).

But whatever the DEV decides to do, I'll be watching and hoping he gets it right and delivers a great job to us and that he gets the fruits of that work.

iamrebellion

Jun 17, 2021
I don't have a problem with the old version, the only thing I didn't really like was the whole mom thing. But I've already talked about it here and left my opinion on why you find this new version of Alice a little more attractive to me. If the DEV is going to continue the old version and include or improve some details that the DEV itself finds necessary, I will definitely play again.

And since he's thinking about it and "accepting" feedbacks, if he thinks about continuing on "Premium Edition", he could remake this weak MC. Just like the old version (Alice and all NTR vibes) the new one also has its problems (weak MC, totally mediocre).

But whatever the DEV decides to do, I'll be watching and hoping he gets it right and delivers a great job to us and that he gets the fruits of that work.
the old version has ntr with alice? really? if so, tell me , i'm not interested in continuing to play, i'm still at the beginning.

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
Alice has 0 NTR Content neither in the old nor in the Premium, not even implicated.
Alice by nature is a more open minded Person, less traditional relationship-wise. She was a Hotshot in her youth which implise for some that there could be possibilities of her going at it with other men.

Reactions: iamrebellion

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
the old version has ntr with alice? really? if so, tell me , i'm not interested in continuing to play, i'm still at the beginning.
There's no NTR in the game. He's probably talking about Alice's "dream" to marry a surfer. There was a plan to include avoidable NTR when the game first came out, so I guess that was how it was going to be implemented, but Waifston gave up on that idea very early on and eventually said the game will never have that kind of content.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
No. Neither in the old version and the new one doesn't have NTR.

When I talked about NTR vibration, it's just that it looks like it was set up for a possible route, because at first she gives the MC a blowjob, but she calls the name of the MC's father, and it's sometimes spoken of her interest to find a man, that she likes brawny sulphites who go out of town to work to find a man. But she soon returns home, and then we can have interests with her and all these vibes are dropped, it's something at the beginning of the game and that's it. But it was enough for me to give up the first time I tried to play. After someone told me that it was something initial and that nothing like that happened afterwards, I played until the last update released. So there's no NTR, just a little bit of vibes, because of how the character was described and initial behavior.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes