4.50 star(s) 54 Votes

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
comparing with other avn's with developed with honey select models i would say ,this are not on the top ones for sure and after cheking the last update i dont know if i will play it again ,i dont like forced or being manipulated to a tah i really hate even more than the netorare one and os the female dom ....

Reactions: Golzd81

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
you did get that he was a soldier in active combat for four years?, yes?
Not 4 years of constant combat, but yes, MC was active duty military for 4 years, some of that time being Black Ops. But we're likely about to get into debating what counts as combat, speculating on how long Valentine has been a professional violence dealer, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. She has, iirc, 5-6 years on the MC, and her career may started off before 18.

I will say, I imagine Valentine has been in fewer battle type scenarios than the MC. At least the odds lean that way in my mind. But life or death situations with live rounds flying? That's really up in the air to me.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFurs

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I loved 0.1 and 0.2. I saw so much potential in 0.1 that I backed the dev immediately upon its release. I loved Sam, Lily, Casper, Lua, and Fray. I found Liz Fell intriguing. The story was fun. The humor was fun. There were some interesting hints at broader stories at play. It was great getting to rescue an LI from a stalker, even if that turned into something else afterwards (and I'm a little disappointed that 0.3 suggests that the Frank choice made didn't matter except for a tiny change to the insults Akira/Valentine threw toward the MC). I was starting to actively care about the characters.

Hopefully this gives a proper idea of the mindset I had, and the excitement and enthusiasm I had for the game when seeing it was out for my support tier to play, and when launching and starting to play 0.3.

And then I started playing 0.3.

Now, I'm normally one who defends an MC NOT being a raging asshole to confident and self-possessed girls, even if they get kinda bitchy, but this entire update was basically LI after LI just shitting on the MC and the MC letting them do it with little to no complaint. If that's what the dev wants in the game, so be it, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time so I didn't waste my money.

(This is LONG, so I broke it up into spoilered sections by topic.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
CLOSING WORDS:

TL;DR: 0.3 was a massive disappointment from a writing and characterization standpoint, it solidly ruined three LIs and the MC and damaged a fourth LI, and it directly caused me to withdraw my support and stop recommending the game to my friends, entirely on its own.
I was going to try the game, but I lost the desire after reading this.

Reactions: Lucid Lancer

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
I found zero problems in that classroom scene with Akira, Val and MC but yeah, that knife scene was stupid.

MC didn't even notice her standing behind her and putting a knife on his neck.

He should have noticed her coming and caught her hand the moment she brought that knife to his neck. That's what would have helped to show them as equals.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
You guys read way too much power fantasy trash if you think MCs are supposed to come out on top of literally every engagement. The dev didn't promise you a power fantasy here, you all just assumed.
this right here 100% . I found people having an issue with the classroom scene funny. As there is nothing wrong with someone even a MC that is well trained to mess up once in awhile even if it's something stupid. Hell makes the MC more believable if you ask me not like he is a robot.

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
People out here going "he's black ops, he can overpower someone with a knife to his throat" are so naive. The best thing to do is not get into that situation at all, including running away from someone with a weapon when you don't have one, and if you are caught with your pants down, you absolutely do NOT try to fight off that person with the weapon if you have another option. The person with the knife could literally be a random drunk about to black out and they can still slit your throat before you can get them off you. You don't fuck around with that shit.

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
People out here going "he's black ops, he can overpower someone with a knife to his throat" are so naive. The best thing to do is not get into that situation at all, including running away from someone with a weapon when you don't have one, and if you are caught with your pants down, you absolutely do NOT try to fight off that person with the weapon if you have another option. The person with the knife could literally be a random drunk about to black out and they can still slit your throat before you can get them off you. You don't fuck around with that shit.
In fact it's more about Valentine overpowering him. The fact that he dismiss her as not important (as they do) before it happen doesn't matter. Now writter could make a scene with Valentine going, let's say against the cult that seem to be in town, inside a batiment and ending up killing 10 to 20 people it would end up with "yeah now the autor over sell Valentine to justify ....".
Hell even the fact that MC seems way to dumb to be a black ops is unimportant

OcularisVN

Feb 23, 2021
Exactly!! When teaching *real* knife defense, instructors usually say something along the lines of, 'This isn't about winning. This is about taking the least amount of damage possible.'
Even *if* MC caught Val in the act and tried to make a move, now what? Knife wielding professional killer vs unarmed ex-military guy. This scene isn't specifically about how strong and scary Val is. It's setting up the stakes. It's moving the plot forward and making things interesting by making the grand entrance of two important characters.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
War, combat, fighting, all can turn deadly or get out of control in a second. A lot of it comes down to luck, on top of all the skill, training, awareness and choices.

To use a famous fictional example, Geralt of Rivia, a renowned bad-ass Witcher, was killed by a peasant with a pitchfork. Just some pointy bits of wood. Not the steel or carbon blade that Valentine had. I can only imagine the amount of impressive warriors throughout history that ended up dead because they slipped on some mud, blood, or shit of the dead and dying, and another soldier took the opportunity.

It also happens in this game if you don't stop Frank from grabbing your gun, he'll unload the entire clip into you, with only Divine intervention bringing you back.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
eople out here going "he's black ops, he can overpower someone with a knife to his throat" are so naive. The best thing to do is not get into that situation at all,
so you mean he should not turn his back on a enemy with a knife? Awesome thats what im saying since the beginning, cool that we are on the same page here. The Scene is Bolocks

Even *if* MC caught Val in the act and tried to make a move, now what? Knife wielding professional killer vs unarmed ex-military guy. This scene isn't specifically about how strong and scary Val is. It's setting up the stakes. It's moving the plot forward and making things interesting by making the grand entrance of two important characters.
crush her weapon arm against the Table? like we see in every fucking movie! It destroys two characters MC acts like a wimp an Val said they are equals so they both suck, good to know.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
so you mean he should not turn his back on a enemy with a knife? Awesome thats what im saying since the beginning, cool that we are on the same page here. The Scene is Bolocks
I don't disagree. The game does lampshade this when the MC thinks to himself how he can't think he's out of the shit just because he's home. And that could be true, his mental state not taking any of this seriously because he's back in the city he grew up in. It's a bit of a stretch, but our minds do do partitioning very well.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
After finishing this I must say I cant wait for the next updates liked this alot more than I thought. While Lilly is my favorite from this game all the LI so far are good I even like the ones I feel you should hate (Val and Akira). A good start for this AVN I must say cant tell yet how much of a slow burn it's going to be my feels like it's going to be a slow first / story first which I love.

Also This has to have the best Banter ive seen so far out of any AVN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hungover00
Dec 29, 2018
I don't disagree. The game does lampshade this when the MC thinks to himself how he can't think he's out of the shit just because he's home. And that could be true, his mental state not taking any of this seriously because he's back in the city he grew up in. It's a bit of a stretch, but our minds do do partitioning very well.
It's far more than a bit of a stretch.

He sees the woman flipping her knife in front of him, recognizes her from the time he saw her walking with Akira, figures out she's Akira's bodyguard, and even acknowledges her attempts to threaten him to Akira in their conversation. And she still gets the drop on him. In heels. While they were having a conversation about how important it is to plan for everything.

If you want a reasonable scene where she gets the drop on the main character, it's really easy to write. Just don't have him see her, and don't have her wear heels. That's it. Stick her in the back of the classroom and have her sneak up on him. Then you don't even need the excuse that he let his guard down because he's back home. Which was a very weak excuse since he just had a life or death confrontation the night before this stupid classroom scene.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
That was some pure incel analysis if I've ever seen one. I would argue their stand on LIs but I'm too lazy to write down a text wall. I will say, though, if you've played Eternum and enjoyed it you most likely will enjoy this AVN as well. Make your own judgement.
From what I've read, and not just from that comment, one of the LIs blackmails the MC and he basically goes along with it. If that's so, I'm certainly not interested in the game.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
It's far more than a bit of a stretch.

He sees the woman flipping her knife in front of him, recognizes her from the time he saw her walking with Akira, figures out she's Akira's bodyguard, and even acknowledges her attempts to threaten him to Akira in their conversation. And she still gets the drop on him. In heels. While they were having a conversation about how important it is to plan for everything.

If you want a reasonable scene where she gets the drop on the main character, it's really easy to write. Just don't have him see her, and don't have her wear heels. That's it. Stick her in the back of the classroom and have her sneak up on him. Then you don't even need the excuse that he let his guard down because he's back home. Which was a very weak excuse since he just had a life or death confrontation the night before this stupid classroom scene.
I dont disagree exactly maybe im too lenient and making an excuse for the dev in this scene but I chalked it up to the MC having a slip up since he was so focused on Akira. Which made it believable to me since even experts make mistakes even stupid ones from time to time.

From what I've read, and not just from that comment, one of the LIs blackmails the MC and he basically goes along with it. If that's so, I'm certainly not interested in the game.
it's Just one of the LI and also another LI works for the one blackmailing him. But I would say it works in this case as it's a way to set up the main story. Personally I wouldn't call the blackmailer and her bodyguard the primary LI of the story tho as the game tries to have the player focus on the roomates / sisters ( depending what you name them) since they have history with the MC. I'd say the one doing the blackmail is set up more to be the enemy turned good later at least that's how I saw her character. As she wasnt as evil as far we can tell as her father. To me it felt like she doesnt even want to resort to doing stuff like blackmail but it's the only thing she knows cause of how she was raised. So I would bet the blackmail would only be a temporary part of the plot.

I'd still give it a try if I were you it has some of the best banter between characters ive seen. But I guess if you dont like any form of blackmail in any game then yeah not for you.

lukas7533

Jul 16, 2023
This has really good potential, and its one of the few HS games that I actually like, so hopefully we will see more content sooner than later :)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
it's Just one of the LI and also another LI works for the one blackmailing him. But I would say it works in this case as it's a way to set up the main story. Personally I wouldn't call the blackmailer and her bodyguard the primary LI of the story tho as the game tries to have the player focus on the roomates / sisters ( depending what you name them) since they have history with the MC. I'd say the one doing the blackmail is set up more to be the enemy turned good later at least that's how I saw her character. As she wasnt as evil as far we can tell as her father. To me it felt like she doesnt even want to resort to doing stuff like blackmail but it's the only thing she knows cause of how she was raised. So I would bet the blackmail would only be a temporary part of the plot.

I'd still give it a try if I were you it has some of the best banter between characters ive seen. But I guess if you dont like any form of blackmail in any game then yeah not for you.
The chances of me being interested in the LI who blackmailed the MC are zero at best. And from what I have read, the chances of me being interested in the LI who works for the blackmailer are similar. So I might only be interested in the game if any romantic or sexual relationship of any kind with those two LIs can be avoided.

Zzm19

Jan 27, 2022
Just found this novel, and I, at least, am really enjoying it. I like the snarky dialogue and characters, and hopefully where it is going. The only issues I have are that it would be good to show actions like not going home, I was totally puzzled for a bit about that, since I had assumed he went back after meeting Akira, and hopefully at some point more on his thoughts about his (possibly psychopathic murderous) past, which I assume will come in time. it does feel very kinetic, I laughed at the "Don't not" prompts.

Reactions: Secretuser69
4.50 star(s) 54 Votes