4.50 star(s) 54 Votes

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
I don't have a save file there. Just start new and skip through it with ctrl. It will only take you a bit to reach 0.3, it's not that long of a game yet.
No i have a problem with a game it ends on 2.0,i double checked and i have new content downloaded but still with new game it ends after 2.0

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
No i have a problem with a game it ends on 2.0,i double checked and i have new content downloaded but still with new game it ends after 2.0
If your game ends after 2.0, then a new save file won't fix that either. Redownload or reextract the game files so that they are fresh without the faulty mod and then start again.

Irad

Apr 10, 2020
This is prolly not for me.

The tonal shift was out of left field and the theme of "being an obedient little gimp bitch" is just repugnant to me personally.

When you are blackmailed, the only way to not be dragged into deeper and deeper mud is to immediately removing the blackmailers ability to exert pressure. Usually by confessing or stopping doing something.

In the land of make-believe planning for a violent response would be perfectly reasonable, but instead the gimp has an internal monologue about how much he respects being kept as a hand-puppet.

I don't kink-shame, but my life isn't so perfectly under my control that I wanna fantasize about having less of it *shrug* .

Irad

Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, confessing to committing war crimes sounds like a much better idea than getting a job
“A man who does not have something for which he is willing to die is not fit to live.”

"Getting a job" is a strange framing for blackmail, but you do you.

Have you ever had a background check performed on you? The types for intelligence access, like diplomatic services, military surveillance and the like? At any rate, it is SIGNIFICANTLY better to tell whoever is checking whatever nasty you've got hidden than to not and have it come back and bite you.

In this case I'd've argued the correct response would've been to scarper back to whoever he used to work for and tattle on the Price-creature. Dunno if that would work in the context of the story ofc, but better to destroy yourself than be the pet gimp of some rando.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This is prolly not for me.

The tonal shift was out of left field and the theme of "being an obedient little gimp bitch" is just repugnant to me personally.

When you are blackmailed, the only way to not be dragged into deeper and deeper mud is to immediately removing the blackmailers ability to exert pressure. Usually by confessing or stopping doing something.

In the land of make-believe planning for a violent response would be perfectly reasonable, but instead the gimp has an internal monologue about how much he respects being kept as a hand-puppet.

I don't kink-shame, but my life isn't so perfectly under my control that I wanna fantasize about having less of it *shrug* .
Yeah, confessing to committing war crimes sounds like a much better idea than getting a job
I agree with what Irad said here to an extent. However, just because you allegedly commited war crimes as a soldier, means fuck-all. Can't use that as an excuse. As a soldier, you are following orders. Whether they make sense or not and yes. You have a choice to follow them or not. If you don't, there's repercussions. So, going after a soldier who under orders is not the way to go. Go after the ones that gave the orders.

Also, no. I wouldn't give respect to the motherfucker who kidnapped and who is trying to blackmail us. Let the facepalms begin. lol

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
“A man who does not have something for which he is willing to die is not fit to live.”

"Getting a job" is a strange framing for blackmail, but you do you.

Have you ever had a background check performed on you? The types for intelligence access, like diplomatic services, military surveillance and the like? At any rate, it is SIGNIFICANTLY better to tell whoever is checking whatever nasty you've got hidden than to not and have it come back and bite you.

In this case I'd've argued the correct response would've been to scarper back to whoever he used to work for and tattle on the Price-creature. Dunno if that would work in the context of the story ofc, but better to destroy yourself than be the pet gimp of some rando.
Yeah, the US military is famous for doing everything in their power to protect some noname ex-soldier and pissing off famous billionaires in return.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I agree with what Irad said here to an extent. However, just because you allegedly commited war crimes as a soldier, means fuck-all. Can't use that as an excuse. As a soldier, you are following orders. Whether they make sense or not and yes. You have a choice to follow them or not. If you don't, there's repercussions. So, going after a soldier who under orders is not the way to go. Go after the ones that gave the orders.

Also, no. I wouldn't give respect to the motherfucker who kidnapped and who is trying to blackmail us. Let the facepalms begin. lol
Do we even know if the MC has committed war crimes ?
IIRC Akira said a mission/operation the higher ups want to keep under the rug, so this wasn't only about the MC.

Blackmailing a soldier as done by her is a bit nonsensical. Even if the military or public wants to put the blame/responsibility on someone, it would need to be a commanding officer, someone which had authority over said operation. Puting all the blame on a normal soldier for an entire opration isn't going to work well.

Than there is also the point, if this really was a spec ops or black ops operation, there is no way Akira would get away with revealing military/state top secret information and persons involved...having a rich, influental father is not going to change that, thats's a long prison sentence at best or an unfortunate accident.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
IIRC Akira said a mission/operation the higher ups want to keep under the rug, so this wasn't only about the MC.

Blackmailing a soldier as done by her is a bit nonsensical. Even if the military or public wants to put the blame/responsibility on someone, it would need to be a commanding officer, someone which had authority over said operation. Puting all the blame on a normal soldier for an entire opration isn't going to work well.

Than there is also the point, if this really was a spec ops or black ops operation, there is no way Akira would get away with revealing military/state top secret information and persons involved...having a rich, influental father is not going to change that, thats's a long prison sentence at best or an unfortunate accident.
Well, a lot of people believe the military commits war crimes. Simple fact in their minds. They'd rather just bend over and take it up the ass. Apparently. Conscientious objectors. A bunch of pussies if you ask me. But, the military fights for the right to be pussies. To all the veterans on this site, thank you for your service.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

The way I saw it was it's something Akira knows about but wont follow through. As it would to much of a hassle to deal with when she could just have him whacked later and clean that mess up easier. ( even that i'm not sure if she would follow through on) I think she is just using the blackmail as a tool as she doesn't think the MC is smart enough to realize the consequences for her to actually follow through with the threat. Now I think why she went with blackmail first my guess probably something in the MC's file made her think he would turn her down and she liked what she saw in his file enough to want to use him. Could also be something simple as it's just how she was raised and it's second nature for her.

Most probably wont agree with this part at all. But how I saw Akira is she isn't entirely a terrible person but just trying to look like a tough person / horrible person on the outside. Now that isnt to say she isnt a terrible person still cause being raised how she was some horrible things probably became natural to her like blackmail. I'm still unsure if she has actually used Val to kill people yet or val is there to make her look tougher than she is.

Now that is just how I personally see things Im probably way off the mark but that's what makes these games so great no 1 really sees everything 100% the same.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
The way I saw it was it's something Akira knows about but wont follow through. As it would to much of a hassle to deal with when she could just have him whacked later and clean that mess up easier. ( even that i'm not sure if she would follow through on) I think she is just using the blackmail as a tool as she doesn't think the MC is smart enough to realize the consequences for her to actually follow through with the threat. Now I think why she went with blackmail first my guess probably something in the MC's file made her think he would turn her down and she liked what she saw in his file enough to want to use him. Could also be something simple as it's just how she was raised and it's second nature for her.

Most probably wont agree with this part at all. But how I saw Akira is she isn't entirely a terrible person but just trying to look like a tough person / horrible person on the outside. Now that isnt to say she isnt a terrible person still cause being raised how she was some horrible things probably became natural to her like blackmail. I'm still unsure if she has actually used Val to kill people yet or val is there to make her look tougher than she is.

Now that is just how I personally see things Im probably way off the mark but that's what makes these games so great no 1 really sees everything 100% the same.
I mean she's a LI. So I heavily doubt she's gonna end up being a horrible person. Likely she found out her dad is doing something horrible and she's trying to act against it. But she can't risk getting anything about that getting to her dad, so she has to use people who are either very loyal or come from the outside and mc is that.

Like aside from the blackmail she doesn't really do anything bad. She plays along when he messes with her, she gets him an apartment for free. When mc is clearly outside of his element at the library she spends a lot of time helping him, despite the mission that he currently has being more of a test than an actual important mission.

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
I thought and wanted MC to be a badass super solider but valentine so easy got one over him and almost killed him, which was fucking ridiculous and then implied she could kill him even tho with a little difficulty was too grand for a side bitch,
And then instead of being badass, mc became the bitchboy of that white hair girl,
The writer could have easily written in that mc had some crazy hacker friend from his army days who was partially able to peek inside the drive to give mc a bit of the footing in the negotiations
And then they decided to work together . mostly mc working for her for money, providing a better life for sam and lily and kinda a common grand goal.

I like this game but make MC more of an alpha instead of 2 bit thug dumb merc.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The amount of frothing rage because of Akira and Valentine is so stupid. If they were two dudes none of you would be complaining but because they're women you're offended over your self-insert character.
It has absolutly nothing to do with them being women, if they were men the scene wouldn't be any better.

About them being antagonists and being LI's that's an other matter, some may like it or have no problems with it, for me they can both fuck off. No interest to start anything with either of them after the shit they pulled, and no i don't care for their reason, as LI they are dead for me.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
The amount of frothing rage because of Akira and Valentine is so stupid. If they were two dudes none of you would be complaining but because they're women you're offended over your self-insert character.
yeah feels like im one of the few Val getting the drop on the MC with a knife isnt a big deal. Since I figured he just slipped up and made a mistake / was distracted and caught off guard by the blackmail of his "war crimes"

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It has absolutly nothing to do with them being women, if they were men the scene wouldn't be any better.

About them being antagonists and being LI's that's an other matter, some may like it or have no problems with it, for me they can both fuck off. No interest to start anything with either of them after the shit they pulled, and no i don't care for their reason, as LI they are dead for me.
Quit making me agree with you. Fuck. 100% agree. I haven't played any of this yet, but, I'm still going to, despite the bs.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Yep. Some people need their mc to be flawless mary sues that solve every situation flawlessly.
Oh no, the mc gets outplayed once, when he enters a situation he knows nothing about in a city he hasn't been in in years with no preparation and no ressources at his disposal. Whatever will we do.
Besides aside from the blackmail Akira does nothing despicable at any point. She plays along even when mc's being immature. She gets him an apartment for free. She helps him without question when he is clearly out of his depths in a situation. Nothing she has done has actually been to the mc's detriment so far and yet people are raging like there's no tomorow.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

I will say this while I don't share the same views of writing them off so quick and easily ( mostly cause im too nice and a forgiving person. Also for some reason I find myself able to easily like certain characters even when I shouldn't. Plus with it being a game makes it easier for me to have that opinion / open mind.) They still will never be my primary LI on my first save despite me thinking how funny and cute Val was during the texting scene. I'm just glad you are able to get enjoyment with other characters cause I find this has great Banter dialogue.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yep. Some people need their mc to be flawless mary sues that solve every situation flawlessly.
No, none asked for that, flawless MC's are boring.
Oh no, the mc gets outplayed once, when he enters a situation he knows nothing about in a city he hasn't been in in years with no preparation and no ressources at his disposal. Whatever will we do.
The point was him being a trained soldier, black ops or whatever and he willfully ignores an armed threat in a empty classroom, that's just dumb and doesn't let Valentina look bad ass but him stupid or inapt.
Besides aside from the blackmail Akira does nothing despicable at any point. She plays along even when mc's being immature. She gets him an apartment for free. She helps him without question when he is clearly out of his depths in a situation. Nothing she has done has actually been to the mc's detriment so far and yet people are raging like there's no tomorow.
Since when are blackmail and dead threats not despicable :KEK:
Well yes, she ''helps'' him, so he can do his work as her tool and do her bidding, that has nothing to do with her being friendly and generous.

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes