• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 53 Votes

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
not gonna lie. I saw the name Goro and instantly thought of Majima from the Yakuza series. it would make sense since in the first Yakuza game, there is something called Majima Everywhere and I fully expect him to be everywhere
Lmao i instantly thought of this guy
2Q==(1).jpg

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
It Felt short even for a 0.1 (it ends in the kitchen after that "for science scene" right? but the characters looks good, a good sign was to see that the dev didn't use the generic HS2 Male Model nr.1, the intro was ok, hilarious choices at the beginning, not much story yet.

Keeping an eye on this vn, it has potential

Also: that scene in the kitchen...
1541520806125.png

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Nicely done on the visuals even for honey select those are some pretty decent looking renders and a story that has some quality english to it as far as ive seen thus far.. looking forward to seeing more.. 5 star reviewed and Patreon followed (edit) or i would have done if the patreon was still active lol

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Errr Do my eyes decieve me or does sam have Frostmourne hung on her bedroom wall......... she's fucking awesome lol

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Im in danger of spamming the forum topic here with praise posts but i love the dialogue in this title.. Its written so well and EXACTLY how real dialogue and conversations between people who know one another closely should go.. the sarcasm and wit is done so well as well as the off hand comments and way it is structured.. MANY other writers should learn this instead of the flat emotionless crap they put onto the page or machine translate to the page..
Add to that the character designs which is prob the best ive seen in this style since Eternum and this is a FAST winner

May 13, 2019
What causes this saving error to occur?
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
```
macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64

Ren'Py 8.1.0.23033101+nightly

Unraveling August 0.1

Sat Apr 15 12:02:37 2023

```
Using macOS. I see it too. Pretty sure anyone using macOS will too. I'm no Ren'Py coder, but I suspect line 48 in options.rpy has something to do with it:
Code:
#define config.save_directory = ""

Last edited:

AugustEsoterica

Game Developer
Mar 31, 2023
Using macOS. I see it too. Pretty sure anyone using macOS will too. I'm no Ren'Py coder, but I suspect line 48 in options.rpy has something to do with it:
Code:
#define config.save_directory = ""
Oops. Not sure why I did that. Thanks for pointing it out, went ahead and fixed it on my end. For anyone else experiencing a save issue, you can go ahead and change line 48 in options.rpy to the code below. Alternatively, it'll be fixed in the next update.
Code:
define config.save_directory = "UnravelingAugust-1652052172"

I doubt the name really matters, probably just the project title and a random number generated by Ren'Py, but that's what it was originally. Anyone with a better understanding of Ren'Py feel free to correct me.

what about.. ahem, cursed non-MC content?

Like is this going to be a sole-male MC kind of game? will there be sharing/swinging (or les-sharing), NTR, MMF etc.

Or is this going to be true harem? (i.e. the LIs are exclusive to MC, this means LIs aren't involved with other LIs, that's polyamory not harem, although MFF doesn't count... as long as they are MC focused, and not pulling out a strap-on, as that would be polyamory les-sharing).
The only thing I'm comfortable stating are there's currently no planned NTR, MMF, sharing, swinging, etc. content.

As far as the girls having relationships with each other, it's tentatively planned, but to avoid that NTR feel it'll mostly take place with the protagonist as the catalyst. You could probably say they're not really in a relationship with anyone but the MC. More MC-focused MFF like you said.

I can see a few of the girls being DTF each other (with or without the MC involved), and I'd be down to write it, but if that's going to be a sticking point for some it seems best to make it optional if I do end up adding it in.

Patreon started rolling out age verification for adult content creators. Yes, even if we aren't actually involving real people. You might need to check and see if they've required ID or anything if it's still under review. We got emails on it a couple of weeks ago, and while they haven't yet required our verification they may be doing it for new creators.
They haven't sent me anything yet. My fault for launching at the end of the week, I suppose. Kinda forgot most people don't work on weekends. o_O

Last edited:

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
The only thing I'm comfortable stating are there's currently no planned NTR, MMF, sharing, swinging, etc. content.

As far as the girls having relationships with each other, it's tentatively planned, but to avoid that NTR feel it'll mostly take place with the protagonist as the catalyst. You could probably say they're not really in a relationship with anyone but the MC. More MC-focused MFF like you said.

I can see a few of the girls being DTF each other (with or without the MC involved), and I'd be down to write it, but if that's going to be a sticking point for some it seems best to make it optional if I do end up adding it in.
when you say protagonist as a catalyst would that mean it would be a player choice if they do?

AugustEsoterica

Game Developer
Mar 31, 2023
when you say protagonist as a catalyst would that mean it would be a player choice if they do?
so we will need to brace for impact, because you will change that as soon as someone drops a few bugs in your vicinity, or you feel like it. Nice :cautious:
As a general design philosophy, I'd prefer to make as much of the sexual content optional as I can. I'm not going to promise there will be different variations of the same sex scenes for every possible combination the player might want, but unless I've had a stroke, there should, at the very least, be an option to skip something you're not interested in seeing.

I say not currently planned because it's not currently planned. I have no reason to believe that will change as it's not something I'm really interested in making, but if for some reason it did, it would be entirely optional. I'm not here to trick anyone.

Reactions: punisher2099

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
As a general design philosophy, I'd prefer to make as much of the sexual content optional as I can. I'm not going to promise there will be different variations of the same sex scenes for every possible combination the player might want, but unless I've had a stroke, there should, at the very least, be an option to skip something you're not interested in seeing.

I say not currently planned because it's not currently planned. I have no reason to believe that will change as it's not something I'm really interested in making, but if for some reason it did, it would be entirely optional. I'm not here to trick anyone.
when you say a skip i assume you mean the scene happens but the player can choose to not see it. If so that generally wont change whether someone will play the game or not whether i see it or not it still happened for any scene,LI or kink that people dont want they are usually asking if there will be an avoid option which is when the scene in question dosnt happen its more work but may help keep the game on more peoples radar. Not trying to come off as telling you what to do if all you plan is to skip certain content its your story so thats your choice i just see your new on this site and know the difference between skipable and avoidable has led to some devs facing alot of criticism with people thinking a dev was misleading.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019
Oops. Not sure why I did that. Thanks for pointing it out, went ahead and fixed it on my end. For anyone else experiencing a save issue, you can go ahead and change line 48 in options.rpy to the code below. Alternatively, it'll be fixed in the next update.
Code:
define config.save_directory = "UnravelingAugust-1652052172"
This worked great as a patched options.rpy added to the Unraveling_August.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game folder. Thanks!

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
be an option to skip something you're not interested in seeing.
Skipping something, so that it still happens, just not immediately on screen, is not a solution to the problem.

Although it somewhat depends on context, if a LI would be cheating on the MC, it's still cheating regardless of whether the MC (and/or the player) witnesses it or not.

Making it avoidable, so that by direct choice or a consequence of a number of choices, doesn't happen at all, is different.

Now I don't consider myself an anti-NTR purist but starting like this game has started (as a classic harem game, with a confident MC and willing LI's) and then later introducing non-avoidable NTR is a grave sin. This is not just my personal opinion, but this would really hurt your project a lot, so I'd advise against that. Instead I'd advise you to make a clear statement that this will never ver happen.

However, if, later on, you decide to give the player the option to have sharing content but make it completely optional (avoidable instead of skippable), then you won't hear complaints from me, because, even though I don't really prefer such content, it's avoidable / optional. That, however, is my personal opinion and this has been hotly debated in the past.

AugustEsoterica

Game Developer
Mar 31, 2023
I consider it bad form to reference a scene the player didn't see. More importantly, I wouldn't turn around and create controversial content after saying I had no plans to do so, then make it unavoidable, in-universe canon. That's not only unprofessional, it's in poor taste. Not sure where this idea is even coming from.

Optional means optional, and I don't think it's worth doomsaying over the infinitesimal chance someone offers me a million bucks to put their fetish in my game. Which is pretty much the only reason I wouldn't outright say something would never happen. Even then it would STILL be optional.

(Seriously though, for a million bucks, I'll write whatever you want. PM me. We can work something out.)

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I consider it bad form to reference a scene the player didn't see. More importantly, I wouldn't turn around and create controversial content after saying I had no plans to do so, then make it unavoidable, in-universe canon. That's not only unprofessional, it's in poor taste. Not sure where this idea is even coming from.

Optional means optional, and I don't think it's worth doomsaying over the infinitesimal chance someone offers me a million bucks to put their fetish in my game. Which is pretty much the only reason I wouldn't outright say something would never happen. Even then it would STILL be optional.

(Seriously though, for a million bucks, I'll write whatever you want. PM me. We can work something out.)
Well said but people have been burned before.

That's why people can be a bit anxious and it's also why it's important to be clear on which way the story is headed.

But optional, avoidable and skippable are different things and also there it's important to be clear.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
its not from anything you have done its from other devs has happened a decent amount
yeah we dont trust because of others, but he opened his DMs for bribes so there is that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
so at least we cant be surprised if he backstabs his supporters

4.50 star(s) 53 Votes