Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
Well, a month is very, very optimistic I think. As I said, I want to take 1-2 weeks to relax a little and play some games.
After that I'll start porting the translation only using RPG Maker MV, let me explain that reasoning a little more.

Up until now I've been using Translator++. This tool makes it very easy to translate, but, now that I've finished the translation and applied it to the game, I'm noticing a lot of inconsistencies. Some text is not translated at all, even though I can't find it in the files anymore, because Translator++ is apparently encoding everything in Unicode, which makes Japanese text look like this: \u598a\u5a20\u51e6\u7406\u81ea\u4f53 etcetera.

To fix this as it is, yeah, sorry, I have better things to do. So what I'll do is, I'll release the game like this. I think it's still pretty playable, just not perfect yet.
I'm hoping that by using RPG Maker MV, I'll be able to fix most of those issues, but it's gonna take some time as I need to port each line over one by one, plus I don't have any experience using the tool yet.

But yes, I will be using the latest version (the one that got released March 30th) to apply the translation too, and I'll translate all the additional stuff that came with the update as well.

Links are as follows (I'll report this thread to have them linked on the front page):
2021-02-14 version:
Mega

Just one note, when entering your name, a Japanese keyboard will appear.
Click this button to 'enter' and proceed: 決定
Other than that I think everything should be clear.
If you have any issues, typos or suggestions about the translation, please report them in this
I'll try to include everything once I start working on the new version.
Damn bro thanks. This is one of the first games that have left an impression on me, and you translating it made it better! I'm going to hold off for a couple of days before wanking off to it though, since I've wanked off a bit waiting for this. Again dude Thank YOU!

Reactions: Subbi86

HHLONG

Feb 14, 2021
Well, a month is very, very optimistic I think. As I said, I want to take 1-2 weeks to relax a little and play some games.
After that I'll start porting the translation only using RPG Maker MV, let me explain that reasoning a little more.

Up until now I've been using Translator++. This tool makes it very easy to translate, but, now that I've finished the translation and applied it to the game, I'm noticing a lot of inconsistencies. Some text is not translated at all, even though I can't find it in the files anymore, because Translator++ is apparently encoding everything in Unicode, which makes Japanese text look like this: \u598a\u5a20\u51e6\u7406\u81ea\u4f53 etcetera.

To fix this as it is, yeah, sorry, I have better things to do. So what I'll do is, I'll release the game like this. I think it's still pretty playable, just not perfect yet.
I'm hoping that by using RPG Maker MV, I'll be able to fix most of those issues, but it's gonna take some time as I need to port each line over one by one, plus I don't have any experience using the tool yet.

But yes, I will be using the latest version (the one that got released March 30th) to apply the translation too, and I'll translate all the additional stuff that came with the update as well.

Links are as follows (I'll report this thread to have them linked on the front page):
2021-02-14 version:
Mega

Just one note, when entering your name, a Japanese keyboard will appear.
Click this button to 'enter' and proceed: 決定
Other than that I think everything should be clear.
If you have any issues, typos or suggestions about the translation, please report them in this
I'll try to include everything once I start working on the new version.
hey men, i have 1 question, why your version just around 300MB??? I see the version in first post is around 700MB

Subbi86

Dec 27, 2018
hey men, i have 1 question, why your version just around 300MB??? I see the version in first post is around 700MB
Very good question. If you unpack the .exe file using EnigmaVBUnpacker, a file named dummy.txt is created inside the www folder which is basically a copy of the unpacked .exe (it has the same size in bytes).

I guess the previous uploader forgot to delete that, because the official version is also only 545.91MB (listed on dlsite). I've zipped it of course, so that further compresses the size a little.

Thank you all for the feedback so far by the way, I'll go through all of it to use it when I start working on the latest version!

Zappky

Jul 19, 2017
Looks like I will be playing this game from the start to the end all over again =D, thank you translator for giving us a proper translation

beachpeachpeas

Oct 3, 2017
Modifying Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginCommand function (line 333) in GetInformation.js fixes the story guidance messages such as "Go back home" etc. being cut from the first whitespace.

JavaScript:
    Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginCommand = function(command, args) {
        _gInfo_GInterpreter_pluginCommand.call(this, command, args);
        if (command === 'ShowInfo' || command === 'インフォ表示') {
            //CommonPopupManager.showInfo({},args[0],null);
            CommonPopupManager.showInfo({},args.join(' '),null);
        }
    };

• Yay, new update!

Subbi86

Dec 27, 2018
Thanks! I was wondering why they were cut off, but I was too tired at the time to fix it.
I've uploaded a new version as the update has not been processed yet.
This version has the fixed keyboard, fixed info messages, and fixed dialogue as per the suggestions in the Google sheet.
Thanks for all your help guys!

2021-02-14 version:
Mega

df223

Mar 13, 2021
Holy shit is playable, well done Subbi, the game is really fucking ah...rape.

it gives me rapelay vibes but in RPGM engine dude thsi is great

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
After seeing this game pop up in latest games and reading through some of the recent pages. I really appreciate all your hardwork and dedication despite the problems Subbi! Thnx for the TL!

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I've been thinking that there should be a better way to indicate in the OP that a game was originally MTL, but it later got someone to translate/edit it.

Some people who enter the thread for the first time could end up not even playing it because they see lots of reviews and the entire first page complaining about shitty MTL.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I've been thinking that there should be a better way to indicate in the OP that a game was originally MTL, but it later got someone to translate/edit it.

Some people who enter the thread for the first time could end up not even playing it because they see lots of reviews and the entire first page complaining about shitty MTL.
There really isn't. Besides us going in and deleting every comment regarding the MTL (which would NOT be okay IMHO) or creating a new thread and trashing this one which again is not ideal. People are going to complain regardless and if they don't want to take the time to actually look into the quality of a game and just immediately write something off because it was an MTL in the past that is their problem really. Their loss really.

Reactions: justTx

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I went through the translation by Subbi86 and found a few variables that were untranslated. They now are. Keep in mind a new save will be required for my changes to be visible due to them being variables.

Please report any missing variables or problems. / weird UI visuals. I didn't go through the entire game looking at the changes I made. so let me know if something looks fucked up.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There really isn't. Besides us going in and deleting every comment regarding the MTL (which would NOT be okay IMHO) or creating a new thread and trashing this one which again is not ideal. People are going to complain regardless and if they don't want to take the time to actually look into the quality of a game and just immediately write something off because it was an MTL in the past that is their problem really. Their loss really.
I think in cases like this, the OP should have a disclaimer that it was originally MTL, but now edited/translated by xxx.

That should be standard practice for cases like this imo.

You could say people just need to use their brains, but the fact is, many people are incapable. It would be a shame for someone to work hard on a translation just for some people to misconstrue all the complaints about the original translation to be directed at the new one.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
The problem imo is that the "edited tl" label means absolutely nothing. It could either mean that it's an actual good translation or it could just be MTL but the text is fixed to not go beyond the screen. Maybe have 1 more line in the OP that's edited to be like "Edited by XXX - [Date]"

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes