TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I've been thinking about something lately – a few people have mentioned that the penetrative scenes in the story seem to happen quite early with some of the characters. There are essentially two main reasons behind this choice.

Firstly, when it comes to hentai , penetrative sex is my absolute preference. Other acts like boobjobs, handjobs, and oral sex just don't do it for me. I especially can't stand those games that'll spend a year in development to give you hours of in-game content and never once have a proper sex scene. :sleep:

Secondly, since this is an adaptation of mdf-an's artwork into a story, I only have so many blowjob/handjob images, the majority of the content will be penetrative in nature, so it was important for me to lead into it fairly quickly.

So noticed something strange while playing, hi game is super fun btw. I just bought all the Underwear Outfits and had everyone wear them. I played through Hazel's second hangout and at the end when she's putting her clothes back on, and finally puts on the outfit worn before the hangout, which in this case is the Underwear set. Before putting on the outfit she was wearing the garter, after putting it on she loses it. For reference before the hangout she had the garter on and after it was removed. Only by swapping outfits will it come back. So it seems like the Underwear outfits are considered to be without the garter stockings, I also went back and checked the previews when buying the outfits and they also are missing the garter stockings. But when you change everyone into their underwears, Seraphina, Hazel, and Ophelia are all wearing their garters. I'm not sure if all the maids wear stockings, I think they would since it's a standardized maid uniform, but from the cutscenes I've seen so far Beatrice and Mirabelle definitely have them but they aren't reflected in their Underwear sprites.

Personally I liked that only they still wore them, like it was a stylistic choice they made. I though it gave a more mature and sexy vibe to them than the other girls, Beatrice should definitely have them on in that case. So throughout all this after some more testing I learned that:

Changes to outfits made during hangouts persist after the fact.
- This is pretty neat since it adds a sense of your actions actually having an effect outside the scene, but I can see how this would be an unintentional, or unwanted feature.

While theoretically the maids should have garters on, only some of the sprite models actually have them, intentional or not.
- If it wasn't, I'm guessing either early in the game's concept not all the sprites had stockings and it just stayed that way moving forward, there wasn't a need to create them yet because there weren't any scenes where they were visible and stayed on the sprites after the cutscene was over, or the stockings aren't supposed to be there for the outfit.

I like the stockings so I hope they show more or get added into their outfits. There are other things I found but I'll talk about it later.
Oh, I'm delighted you picked up on that! The stocking and stockingless variations in the underwear outfits were intentionally left as a hidden feature. Fun fact: Emi is the only one without stockings. If you click 'Dress,' then 'Underwear,' you get the underwear with stockings. But if you go 'Nude,' then 'Underwear,' you get just the underwear without stockings.

Admittedly, the clothing coding is quite intricate, so in some hangout situations, there might be a mix-up here and there. Nevertheless, I've put in my best effort to ensure that maids end up wearing the same outfits they started with at the end of a hangout. Hope that clears things!

Last edited:

SkyBlueWind

Apr 27, 2020
Personally, I am very excited for more group scenes. Hopefully there would be one with all of them, literally all of them together. Also, would the MC have additional costumes in the future? Hero costume or Demon Queen costume as examples. Hehehe

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I've been fixing bugs, but there are quite a few I haven't been able to replicate at all, i.e. "Ophelia's bikini maid costume can't be bought", "Unable to upgrade Lily's 'Unbreakable Armor' upgrade past 1", and "You can't have sex with Tinker before you buy her clothing.". If anyone else is having these issues, let me know.

It's hard for me to tell what you're actually trying to show me with just a screenshot. The characters blinking is obviously not a bug, so I'm assuming both layers were frozen on or something? It just doesn't make any sense to me otherwise :unsure:

Last edited:

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I've been fixing bugs, but there are quite a few I haven't been able to replicate at all, i.e. "Ophelia's bikini maid costume can't be bought", "Unable to upgrade Lily's 'Unbreakable Armor' upgrade past 1", and "You can't have sex with Tinker before you buy her clothing.". If anyone else is having these issues, let me know.

It's hard for me to tell what you're actually trying to show me with just a screenshot. The characters blinking is obviously not a bug, so I'm assuming both layers were frozen on or something? It just doesn't make any sense to me otherwise :unsure:
I found that Ophelia's slut-maid costume could be bought, but when I tried to get her wear it it said that it needed to be purchased! I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I found that Ophelia's slut-maid costume could be bought, but when I tried to get her wear it it said that it needed to be purchased! I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to.
1696444652524.png
Aahaha, I figured out why it wasn't working for you, but worked perfectly for me! All of Ophelia's clothing requirements are actually tied with Mirabelle's, so if you buy Mirabelle's clothing you can equip Ophelia's.

incognitolurker

Jun 22, 2020

I'm the one who couldn't upgrade Unbreakable Armor, and I also had the issue where I had to buy Tinker's clothing before having sex with her (as a side note, having sex with her doesn't actually cost me any gold as far as I can tell). Here's a save file if it helps.

Eromo

Sep 6, 2020
Oh, I'm delighted you picked up on that! The stocking and stockingless variations in the underwear outfits were intentionally left as a hidden feature. Fun fact: Emi is the only one without stockings. If you click 'Dress,' then 'Underwear,' you get the underwear with stockings. But if you go 'Nude,' then 'Underwear,' you get just the underwear without stockings.
Wow, that's such a cool and neat feature to add! I love when developers add hidden mechanics or slight variations to dialogue based on what happens, which I have been finding a lot of. Like I just went back and replayed Hazel 2, just to see if being Nude changed anything. And I was skipping through read text and found there was new dialogue for when meeting Aurora! But it seems to only show up after you've met Juggernaut, I'm assuming it's because of the revelation she has that happens a little bit after. That is just so cool, and a nice attention to detail that didn't have to be added in, but I'm glad it was. The 'Dress' and 'Underwear' combo doesn't seem to work on Mirabelle or Beatrice though, not sure why. And I just bought her Sexy Nun outfit, but I can't switch to the Habit directly from Sexy Nun. I've been taking note of the bugs or typos I found so far, Ill definitely include them all at some point, but here are the typos I found:

"As we both caught our breaths-"
screenshot0001.png

"Such as jewelry-"
screenshot0002.png

"Too many keep these issues to themselves, when reaching out for support is paramount to a swift recovery."
screenshot0003.png

"That's not to say your own resilience and determination hasn't been very inspiring too-"
screenshot0004.png

"puff of smoke-"
screenshot0005.png

This I'm not so sure is a typo, but to me it'd make more sense if Lily was running her own hands over Seraphina's body.
screenshot0006.png

"Put some clothes on-"
screenshot0007.png

This game is coming along great and I hope this helps!

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020

Yeah, both layers got stuck on at the same time. Didn't see it happen at any other point though.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Just started, awesome so far, but...
Is there intentionnaly ommitted events or am I missing something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean, it's okay if it was ommitted, but I ask just in case if I caught a bug (since I go to the nun for the event in the evening, and this does not progress time, maybe it is and I just dont know about it which lead me to miss event? Stuff like that)

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Just started, awesome so far, but...
Is there intentionnaly ommitted events or am I missing something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean, it's okay if it was ommitted, but I ask just in case if I caught a bug (since I go to the nun for the event in the evening, and this does not progress time, maybe it is and I just dont know about it which lead me to miss event? Stuff like that)
There are plenty of things that happen off screen, like the characters eating or having random conversations. I don't show absolutely every single thing that happens.

Reactions: Vizer007

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
There are plenty of things that happen off screen, like the characters eating or having random conversations. I don't show absolutely every single thing that happens.
Such a shame. I was hoping to witness the scene where they all talk about random goof while having their bi monthly mani-pedis. :illuminati:

UseAfterFree

May 26, 2021
It's good so far (0.3.1). The storytelling, the artwork (TwistedScarlett's and Mdf_An's both), and the smut all hold up well. The plot twists that are already in place reassures me that things will get interesting.

But the dungeon-run part is bad. It's far too easy to overlevel the girls and the manor, and then oneshot everything with basic attacks -- making the quite interesting magical synergies utterly irrelevant, and the gameplay mindless and boring. Some ways of fixing this would be:
  • Ramp up the difficulty during a run, and then drop back (or mostly drop back) inbetween. Mindless curbstomping is fun now and then, but I usually want to some tactical choices in my fights.
  • Nerf the HP/MP sources (bonfires, blessings, the imp, ambushes, anything else?). It's far too easy to keep HP and MP topped up indefinitely and just keep going. (One way would be to look at Darkest Dungeon and add consumables and limited space -- when you're out of healing items, your run will soon end.) Have the imp sell mats instead of ready-to-use potions -- you still get healing stuff, but you need to go home first.
  • Nerf all the other blessings -- in one longish run, I raised my crit chance from 40% to 102%. (What does 102% crit chance even mean?)
So with this one thing fixed, this will be a solidly good game -- as usual from TwistedScarlett.

Eromo

Sep 6, 2020
It's good so far (0.3.1). The storytelling, the artwork (TwistedScarlett's and Mdf_An's both), and the smut all hold up well. The plot twists that are already in place reassures me that things will get interesting.

But the dungeon-run part is bad. It's far too easy to overlevel the girls and the manor, and then oneshot everything with basic attacks -- making the quite interesting magical synergies utterly irrelevant, and the gameplay mindless and boring.
I agree that the dungeon could have more work done on it, and keep in mind that the game is still in development so the dungeon is not in its final form yet. I'm not extremely over-leveled, I'm only on floor 400 or so and I don't have every upgrade yet, but with the limiting amount of health that you have, and the endlessness of the dungeon in its nature, it seems to me like oneshots are generally how you'd want to progress during encounters. Because you always take damage when you attack, unless you have stupidly high evasion maybe, so with every encounter you get closer and closer to ending the run. And the abilities either make it easier to survive longer or oneshot/end the encounter quicker. But once MP runs out, you're only left with trading basic attacks until the run ends.

Now I'm not sure if it's just with my game, but what the dungeon events say about how much MP I get does not correlate with what I actually recover. It could say +3 and I only get +1, so MP is a scarce resource for me and dictates when my run ends. But even with it working properly, I agree the synergies are highly situational and there is no incentive to use them outside of bosses or special enemies. But even then why waste the 4-5 MP on a synergy when I could just Ice Wall and tank the hits while dealing damage, then Ice Wall again and go into the next encounter with some shield left. If you oneshot everything there's really no need to boost damage even further, so all you really need is Ice Wall or maybe Bubble Barrier.

At my current level, I don't really have any problems with the Healing resources, other than not giving me MP properly. I think they are working exactly as intended as the point of them is to keep you alive longer until the endless dungeon run comes to an end. And there is a bit of rng to it too so it's not always a positive outcome, such as the imp and the pond. Presumably, the enemies get stronger with every boss so the run does end at some point. But as of now, the dungeon has no bearings on the story I don't think, so it's just an endless dungeon. I would like more of a reason to go there, but I think the guild stuff will play into that later. The dungeon is alright, but it does need some quality-of-life fixes. I'd like to know how the enemies actually died, it ends too quickly and there's no time to understand what happens. And it'd be nice to have a little stat menu while you're traveling the dungeon because it'd be useful to know when you have to choose between healing or restoring mana.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
I wonder: for those who are deep in, did anything happen if/when you hit 600(Which is meant to be a demon city)?

UseAfterFree

May 26, 2021
I agree that the dungeon could have more work done on it, and keep in mind that the game is still in development so the dungeon is not in its final form yet. I'm not extremely over-leveled, I'm only on floor 400 or so and I don't have every upgrade yet, but with the limiting amount of health that you have, and the endlessness of the dungeon in its nature, it seems to me like oneshots are generally how you'd want to progress during encounters. Because you always take damage when you attack, unless you have stupidly high evasion maybe, so with every encounter you get closer and closer to ending the run. And the abilities either make it easier to survive longer or oneshot/end the encounter quicker. But once MP runs out, you're only left with trading basic attacks until the run ends.
There are manor upgrades that stack the odds in your favour, and I was stupid (or crazy) enough to get those; so I had no problem recovering HP/MP inside the dungeon. So while "closer and closer to ending the run" is what I want (and what I had in the early runs), it doesn't describe the "HP is a river" that I ended up in. (And of course I'm upgrading the girls, there's not much else I can do with the crystals and metal and munny I bring home.)

[...] so MP is a scarce resource for me and dictates when my run ends. But even with it working properly, I agree the synergies are highly situational and there is no incentive to use them outside of bosses or special enemies. But even then why waste the 4-5 MP on a synergy when I could just Ice Wall and tank the hits while dealing damage, then Ice Wall again and go into the next encounter with some shield left. If you oneshot everything there's really no need to boost damage even further, so all you really need is Ice Wall or maybe Bubble Barrier.
MP was a scarce resource for me too, until I saw how gamebreakingly good my basic attacks had become. Since then I only spend MP on the mirror puzzles.

Presumably, the enemies get stronger with every boss so the run does end at some point. But as of now, the dungeon has no bearings on the story I don't think, so it's just an endless dungeon.
The mobs might get stronger the deeper I go, but I get stronger faster - that's the essence of the problem. In my last run I went from floor 800 to 1100 - because I wanted to see if >100% crit chance was possible. And when I bowed out I was back at full HP and MP.

As a placeholder for "the real" endless dungeon, I'd say it's OK. I do need to remind myself that this is still a very early release. The rest of the game makes it easy to forget that - it's that good.

damias

Sep 13, 2020
i wonder if our dear overlord and game creator is here if we can expect special bosses for every 1k level in the dungeon that are unafected by the adventurer upgrades... it could make it interesting as side girls content also

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019

Now I'm not sure if it's just with my game, but what the dungeon events say about how much MP I get does not correlate with what I actually recover. It could say +3 and I only get +1, so MP is a scarce resource for me and dictates when my run ends. But even with it working properly, I agree the synergies are highly situational and there is no incentive to use them outside of bosses or special enemies. But even then why waste the 4-5 MP on a synergy when I could just Ice Wall and tank the hits while dealing damage, then Ice Wall again and go into the next encounter with some shield left. If you oneshot everything there's really no need to boost damage even further, so all you really need is Ice Wall or maybe Bubble Barrier.

At my current level, I don't really have any problems with the Healing resources, other than not giving me MP properly. I think they are working exactly as intended as the point of them is to keep you alive longer until the endless dungeon run comes to an end. And there is a bit of rng to it too so it's not always a positive outcome, such as the imp and the pond. Presumably, the enemies get stronger with every boss so the run does end at some point. But as of now, the dungeon has no bearings on the story I don't think, so it's just an endless dungeon. I would like more of a reason to go there, but I think the guild stuff will play into that later. The dungeon is alright, but it does need some quality-of-life fixes. I'd like to know how the enemies actually died, it ends too quickly and there's no time to understand what happens. And it'd be nice to have a little stat menu while you're traveling the dungeon because it'd be useful to know when you have to choose between healing or restoring mana.
These are some good suggestions. The simplicity of the dungeon and its systems does make it a challenge to make it engaging. Making individual runs harder but more rewarding with a "heat" mechanic might be one way to reward players for deeper runs while also adding an additional element of challenge.

I'm keeping a close eye on all feedback regarding the dungeon for now and will be making adjustments and additions as the updates trickle out.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes