Mar 11, 2021
somehow had the game just toss me back to the main menu during a dungeon run after casting lightning, not a clue what *that* was but eh, autosaves means i lost like 5 seconds max

Mar 11, 2021
ok the "kicked back to main menu" thing with spells is turning out to be a *lot* more common, i've had it happen to me like 10 times already so I've sworn off using magic now

Mar 24, 2019
Okay, I know this is gonna sound at least a little crazy if I'm wrong, but did I hallucinate an entire fucking ability/upgrade?

I could've sworn I read something about being able to exchange HP for MP and vice versa with diminishing returns, but can't for the fucking life of me find where I saw it again-

And there's so many upgrades, I either hallucinated a completely separate upgrade that doesn't exist, or I literally can't find what I'm looking for in the menus-

P.S. NEVERMIND I FOUND IT-
Dark Arts, in the Research tree, I knew it was something but I didn't realize I already had it unlocked, and forgot how to use it-

Mar 24, 2019
Would probably help if Dark Arts was activated similar to other abilities and had it's own icons rather than requiring you to click on your health/mana, since it doesn't have it's own spots, it's a bit unintuitive to have it just activate by pressing a pre-existing part of the UI. I literally forgot it existed because it doesn't visibly change anything notable, unlike when you unlock the ability to use bombs.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
and now i just ran into the "spells healing enemies" issue
ok the "kicked back to main menu" thing with spells is turning out to be a *lot* more common, i've had it happen to me like 10 times already so I've sworn off using magic now
These are old bugs I've fixed, but if you have an old save that's been affected by this bugs, you might run into some problems. Could you tell me when you started playing? On my side, it might be worth looking into methods to prevent issues on old saves.

Also, as a side note, there is now an actual situation where fire spells can heal enemies in the fire zone. If an enemy with natural fire resistance in the fire biome gets the pyroclast modifier, they'll heal from all fire damage./

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
and now i just ran into the "spells healing enemies" issue
Is it all types of spells or just certain kinds like the fire spell in the fire region against fire enemies?

If comet (Seraphina's physical spell) is healing instead of damaging, that's definitely a bug, if it's just fire that does it, it's probably just specific enemy typing.

If it IS a glitch, then are you playing the newest version? I had the spells glitch on 0.4, the new 0.5 fixed it for me as soon as I started a new dungeon run.

Mar 24, 2019
So does Ice Wall no longer give a shield, and is now replaced with the +X% defense boost?
Yes, you get a straight defense multiplier instead of shields, though you do still get shields from other sources, just nowhere near the rate you did with Ice Wall before, also enemies now scale primarily with heat to compensate.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Last update I had to start from the beginning to get any of the new morning events and the main storyline with it. I noticed when I finished them I got a little notice that I reached the end of content. This update I got no notice. Before I go and start a new save to double check can I just ask if the morning event value should be at 30 with the last one being Mirabelle's morning event?

Mar 24, 2019
Also, I gotta say, I love min-maxing and becoming absolutely brokenly overpowered as anyone else-

Actually even more than anyone else-

But does the dev know how absolutely broken comet is with Dark Arts and even mildly high health and mana with healing?

2023-11-26.png
I have been on the same dungeon run for HOURS, I have almost reached 1billion heat, and I probably will do so in a matter of minutes. Obviously, heat increases exponentially, but whether it's because my own attack increases exponentially with heat, or because I've been buying attack potions from the imp, my attack stat scales equally fast as enemies, meaning that so long as I don't run out of mana and get hit, I will indefinitely dive infinitely deeper into the depths, and nothing is able to stop me, because again, so long as I don't run out of mana, I will inevitably get an encounter that will replenish my HP before I ever get knocked out.

To clarify, as you may have guessed from all my other stats, that is NOT my base attack power.

Whether this is a glitch, or just the extreme ends of intended gameplay mechanics, I LOVE IT-

I honestly have no complaints that this level of cheese is possible, I just need to know if my baby is illegal or not, I'd honestly be a little sad if it got patched out, but this absolute extreme level of absurd god like power just doesn't make any sense to me this early on in the game.

I could literally theoretically just win the game as is with this set up. Nothing can compete with this level of resources, and I barely even have half the upgrades, if that.

So what's the verdict Scarlett?

Intentional insanity or am I gonna have to kiss this gift from god goodbye next update? :ROFLMAO:

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Last update I had to start from the beginning to get any of the new morning events and the main storyline with it. I noticed when I finished them I got a little notice that I reached the end of content. This update I got no notice. Before I go and start a new save to double check can I just ask if the morning event value should be at 30 with the last one being Mirabelle's morning event?
Yes, Mirabelle's morning event is the last one.

Also, I gotta say, I love min-maxing and becoming absolutely brokenly overpowered as anyone else-

Actually even more than anyone else-

But does the dev know how absolutely broken comet is with Dark Arts and even mildly high health and mana with healing?

View attachment 3119220
I have been on the same dungeon run for HOURS, I have almost reached 1billion heat, and I probably will do so in a matter of minutes. Obviously, heat increases exponentially, but whether it's because my own attack increases exponentially with heat, or because I've been buying attack potions from the imp, my attack stat scales equally fast as enemies, meaning that so long as I don't run out of mana and get hit, I will indefinitely dive infinitely deeper into the depths, and nothing is able to stop me, because again, so long as I don't run out of mana, I will inevitably get an encounter that will replenish my HP before I ever get knocked out.

To clarify, as you may have guessed from all my other stats, that is NOT my base attack power.

Whether this is a glitch, or just the extreme ends of intended gameplay mechanics, I LOVE IT-

I honestly have no complaints that this level of cheese is possible, I just need to know if my baby is illegal or not, I'd honestly be a little sad if it got patched out, but this absolute extreme level of absurd god like power just doesn't make any sense to me this early on in the game.

I could literally theoretically just win the game as is with this set up. Nothing can compete with this level of resources, and I barely even have half the upgrades, if that.

So what's the verdict Scarlett?

Intentional insanity or am I gonna have to kiss this gift from god goodbye next update? :ROFLMAO:
I definitely intended the dungeon to get broken eventually.
Although I wasn't expecting it to happen with only half the upgrades! The final research upgrade lets you choose any dungeon floor you want, this combined with other tactics like the bombs will allow you to visit floor 50 trillion and instantly get a maxed out bag of loot. The game is designed to be broken in a fun way, and I imagine some people will figure out how to do that sooner than others.

Mar 24, 2019
Yes, Mirabelle's morning event is the last one.

I definitely intended the dungeon to get broken eventually.
Although I wasn't expecting it to happen with only half the upgrades! The final research upgrade lets you choose any dungeon floor you want, this combined with other tactics like the bombs will allow you to visit floor 50 trillion and instantly get a maxed out bag of loot. The game is designed to be broken in a fun way, and I imagine some people will figure out how to do that sooner than others.
Based dev.

I will forever respect this way of thinking-

Now if you'll excuse me, I have...
*counting*
Um...
6.5 Septillion gold and...
2.7 Quadrillion crystals-
That I need to figure out what to do with.

Yeah...I was expecting to break the economy of this game, little did I know, I would BECOME the economy.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
The dungeon is also going to continue to get updates, here are some of the things planned:

0.6:
Fourth Row of Circles
Player chooses not just a circle but a path (Haven't started this one yet, not sure how easy it will be to code)
2 New Biomes
Gold/Green/Blue Campfire

0.7:
Golden Heart Events
Black Skull Events
Shopkeeper Slime Girl NPC: +ATK/+Def/+Evade/+Crit buffs once per run.
Quiz Master NPC: Asks a question to give you a benefit or a boon.
2 More Biomes and the ability to choose between two randomized biomes after each boss

Mar 24, 2019
Pretty sure this is obvious enough to have already been reported but-
2023-11-26 (1).png
Aurora's eyes are missing with an explicit error message in one of the new morning scenes.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
New update?! LET'S GO!!
The change doe seems great, than plans for the next version too ; time to start a new run \o/

One thing I am curious tho: where is 5.0.0? Was it a patreon verison that did help with a round of early testing (thanks them for it if that's the case), or a sneaky hotfix?

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
New update?! LET'S GO!!
The change doe seems great, than plans for the next version too ; time to start a new run \o/

One thing I am curious tho: where is 5.0.0? Was it a patreon verison that did help with a round of early testing (thanks them for it if that's the case), or a sneaky hotfix?
I upload the Patreon version about 12-18 hours before uploading it here, and usually a handful of bugs are discovered in that time.

Pretty sure this is obvious enough to have already been reported but-
View attachment 3119374
Aurora's eyes are missing with an explicit error message in one of the new morning scenes.
No worries, I figured out the issue.
If anyone else runs into the alchemist16b variable crash, I'll release a 0.5.2 hotfix too.

Reactions: lizaardt
4.60 star(s) 73 Votes