jahall

Feb 20, 2019
For the first one, I would add that in scenes where a girl's outfit is even mentioned, her being entirely nude is just treated as "a strange choice of outfit", rather than actually being nude, so while it's my own head cannon explanation, perhaps what you're buying isn't a "nude outfit", but rather an enchantment that allows the girls all the benefits of their normal clothes, while appearing to be dressed to those that aren't the MC? It'd make sense given that ALL the girls' outfits are said to be enchanted for the purposes of battle which is why bikini armor is a thing in this world.

Also as for the damage, it depends, if you're using fire spells on fire enemies in fire zones, that's probably intended, but if you're using comet (Seraphina's physical spell) and getting a negative, that's definitely a glitch, it was found in earlier updates and should've been fixed.

Maybe post screenshots if you can of what spells you're using on what enemies to cause the negative damage?
I belatedly realised that there's a problem with that. I'm playing on an Android tablet, which means that the handy RenPy Windows trick of just pressing the S key to get a screenshot isn't an option. I suppose I could use my smartphone to take a photo of my tablet's screen, but that seems very clunky. Is there a better method?

Mar 24, 2019
I belatedly realised that there's a problem with that. I'm playing on an Android tablet, which means that the handy RenPy Windows trick of just pressing the S key to get a screenshot isn't an option. I suppose I could use my smartphone to take a photo of my tablet's screen, but that seems very clunky. Is there a better method?
Take note of what causes the issue. Is it every spell that's being absorbed or just specific ones for specific enemies? Does the pain have an effect on if it works the same or not? Describe what exactly is happening in your game step by step, including the name of the area you're in, and what modifiers the enemy has (it should appear below the enemy name, and there will be descriptions of what those modifiers do on the right side of the screen when you start a fight).

Also if you're on tablet, you must be playing on Android, right? You can take a screenshot on most android devices by holding down on the "Power" and "Volume down" buttons at the same time. I hope this helps.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Take note of what causes the issue. Is it every spell that's being absorbed or just specific ones for specific enemies? Does the pain have an effect on if it works the same or not? Describe what exactly is happening in your game step by step, including the name of the area you're in, and what modifiers the enemy has (it should appear below the enemy name, and there will be descriptions of what those modifiers do on the right side of the screen when you start a fight).

Also if you're on tablet, you must be playing on Android, right? You can take a screenshot on most android devices by holding down on the "Power" and "Volume down" buttons at the same time. I hope this helps.
Thanks. I'll try holding down the "Power" and "Volume down" buttons at the same time and see if that works.

Nessiah

Mar 20, 2018
This game is amazing. Though I do have one hot take. It's regarding the twin brother's character. He seems like too much of a hate sink caricature at the moment with the way he is written. Sure there are some very small hints of a more nuanced characteristics buried there but they are a moot point when he's so utterly unlikable. The game practically wants you to cheer at the MC grabbing all the maids from him.

I just wish there was a more nuanced route taken with his relationship with his sibling, our protagonist. Like imagine if there was actually a choice-in game that the MC actually has good/close relationship with him much like how you can actually affect the origin build of the MC at the start of the game. But that would take out alot of the motivations out from the ntr-ing the maid characters you say? Not quite.

You see the truth and dare game event with Emi you had a choice to nominate you brother as your secret crush alongside all the maids. And it really got my brain thinking about the whole thing. Imagine if this actually was true and the MC actually was interested in the brother and the MC banging the maids was just clearing out the competition all so the brother would remains single. But hold on I'm not done yet.

You could take this in a even more interesting and non-degenerate route. Say the MC isn't sexually or romantically interested in the brother but actually does have a deep familial love for him and they have a good relation. And her intentions for ntr-ing him from the back is actually pure.

We know MC grew up with their father, the previous hero and it's heavily implied when even the power of the hero is passed on it wreck utter havoc on the health of the hero, and making them infertile. So if the father's untimely passing was due to poor health. A situation which that wouldn't have occured in if not suffering from the backlash of the hero power pass-on all those years back.

So MC develops a fear of loss due to all this and is doesn't want to lose her brother as well. As such one of the motivations while she is deliberately indulging in banging the maids is all so that they would be less inclined to sleep with MCs brother. Thus ensuring the hero twin would always remain healthy and well. And not get turned into a broken shadow of who he is due to some backlash of hero power transfer. The MC would be justifying doing the deed for the brothers own good instead of out of petty envy in their head.

And I feel this would've been an more interesting alt-story route instead of a classic "my brother was an asshat, so I stole all his maids" ntr plotline. Having the brother actually be a good person, who actually loves his sister and is loved in return would've evoked more complicated feelings in players and that particular plotline would've been more nuanced due to making the whole interpersonal story between the MC and her twin simultaneously sweet and byronic at the same time.

But ultimately this is all pretty subjective. But there really isn't any other issues I could rise as the game is near flawless narratively for me aside from my issues with the twin brother's character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eleyth

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
This game is amazing. Though I do have one hot take. It's regarding the twin brother's character. He seems like too much of a hate sink caricature at the moment with the way he is written. Sure there are some very small hints of a more nuanced characteristics buried there but they are a moot point when he's so utterly unlikable. The game practically wants you to cheer at the MC grabbing all the maids from him.

I just wish there was a more nuanced route taken with his relationship with his sibling, our protagonist. Like imagine if there was actually a choice-in game that the MC actually has good/close relationship with him much like how you can actually affect the origin build of the MC at the start of the game. But that would take out alot of the motivations out from the ntr-ing the maid characters you say? Not quite.

You see the truth and dare game event with Emi you had a choice to nominate you brother as your secret crush alongside all the maids. And it really got my brain thinking about the whole thing. Imagine if this actually was true and the MC actually was interested in the brother and the MC banging the maids was just clearing out the competition all so the brother would remains single. But hold on I'm not done yet.

You could take this in a even more interesting and non-degenerate route. Say the MC isn't sexually or romantically interested in the brother but actually does have a deep familial love for him and they have a good relation. And her intentions for ntr-ing him from the back is actually pure.

We know MC grew up with their father, the previous hero and it's heavily implied when even the power of the hero is passed on it wreck utter havoc on the health of the hero, and making them infertile. So if the father's untimely passing was due to poor health. A situation which that wouldn't have occured in if not suffering from the backlash of the hero power pass-on all those years back.

So MC develops a fear of loss due to all this and is doesn't want to lose her brother as well. As such one of the motivations while she is deliberately indulging in banging the maids is all so that they would be less inclined to sleep with MCs brother. Thus ensuring the hero twin would always remain healthy and well. And not get turned into a broken shadow of who he is due to some backlash of hero power transfer. The MC would be justifying doing the deed for the brothers own good instead of out of petty envy in their head.

And I feel this would've been an more interesting alt-story route instead of a classic "my brother was an asshat, so I stole all his maids" ntr plotline. Having the brother actually be a good person, who actually loves his sister and is loved in return would've evoked more complicated feelings in players and that particular plotline would've been more nuanced due to making the whole interpersonal story between the MC and her twin simultaneously sweet and byronic at the same time.

But ultimately this is all pretty subjective. But there really isn't any other issues I could rise as the game is near flawless narratively for me aside from my issues with the twin brother's character.
Kane will have his time to shine as a character in the final portions of the story. Whether that changes peoples' minds, we'll see! ;)

Reactions: Eleyth and Nessiah

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
Kane will have his time to shine as a character in the final portions of the story. Whether that changes peoples' minds, we'll see! ;)
For now Kane's character is honestly a bit bland, if not sad... He's been training to be this legendary hero for his entire life, with women supposed to support him. But because of his lack of tact, his new younger brother that he never knew about shows up and pretty much gets along better with his maids...

Yes, sad... Anyway, I know you just released an update not too long ago, but I have to ask... When is the next one? XD

Mar 24, 2019

As the dev has said, they plan on giving him more time in the spotlight later on-

But, I do have my own thoughts on this, as well as an entire theory about this-

I won't go into the theory side so much, but there's definitely seemingly some intention of letting the player decide, if not how they start out, then where they'll end up.

I think there's a difference between a hate sponge, and a character we don't see all sides of yet. Sure, WE may not like him, but literally everyone else does, for their own reasons and in their own ways, including platonically.

The thing is, as I see it, this game isn't necessarily an "NTR" game, it's NTR adjacent, yes the MC is always to some degree spiteful towards him at the start, but when you step back and look-

NONE OF THESE PEOPLE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP, not a genuine one at least, the relationship between him and the maids is more along the lines of a competitive arranged engagement rather than actual relationships.

Like, for example, there are some girls who, straight from the beginning, never have any interest in him by the time we show up, there's also the fact that the girls who ARE interested, have shaky reasonings at best.

From my perspective, I'm neither on board the cucking train, nor do I think things are okay here, because frankly, no one involved is treating each other like people, except for the MC. They're all stuck in this awkward and unhappy "situationship" where Kane is isolated from everyone who could possibly see and understand him, and he's even taken to isolating himself, and the maids are stuck believing that Kane is someone he's simply not.

No one is treated with any sense of individuality unless they reject the situation. Which is ultimately what the MC is doing, regardless of if it's with good or bad intentions.

Kane isolates himself so much, we really haven't had a chance to love or hate him.

The closest we've got so far is one scene where-

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019

It turned out that on my tablet it was Power+Volume Up that produced a screenshot. One is attached, showing an example of a lightning spell producing negative damage.

Something else a bid odd is that having first met Lyra with Ophelia in the library, it was a couple of days later when her introductory scene turned up!

Screenshot_20231212-135613.png

Mar 24, 2019
It turned out that on my tablet it was Power+Volume Up that produced a screenshot. One is attached, showing an example of a lightning spell producing negative damage.

Something else a bid odd is that having first met Lyra with Ophelia in the library, it was a couple of days later when her introductory scene turned up!

View attachment 3167331
Okay, yeah...that's definitely a bug, although...I can't tell what the cause would be, the previous issues seemed to have been caused by an integer overflow (number too big, causes number to become negative), it's fixed on PC though, I have higher attack than you, on higher heat, with max upgraded spells, and I still can't duplicate the issue.

Most likely explanation would be, assuming you are up to date with v0.5.1, is that mobile itself never got the same fix that PC did, so you're still running into the same problem that PC users ran into on 0.4.

Can dev confirm? Or can another mobile user duplicate the issue on the newest update?

The Lyra bug is a known issue for PC as well.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Okay, yeah...that's definitely a bug, although...I can't tell what the cause would be, the previous issues seemed to have been caused by an integer overflow (number too big, causes number to become negative), it's fixed on PC though, I have higher attack than you, on higher heat, with max upgraded spells, and I still can't duplicate the issue.

Most likely explanation would be, assuming you are up to date with v0.5.1, is that mobile itself never got the same fix that PC did, so you're still running into the same problem that PC users ran into on 0.4.

Can dev confirm? Or can another mobile user duplicate the issue on the newest update?

Thanks. Until your post reminded me, I'd totally forgotten that I was playing v0.5.0, so that could well be the reason. I'll download 5.1 and see if the issue goes away.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019

This is surprisingly hard to fix, especially if it's a fixed bug carried over by an old save. For instance, even if I redefined the various elemental piercings at the start of the dungeon, it'll be a headache to reincorporate the biomes back into the piercings. A headache but not impossible, so I'll make an effort to put this in the next update, which I think will be done before the end of the week.

Mar 24, 2019
This is surprisingly hard to fix, especially if it's a fixed bug carried over by an old save. For instance, even if I redefined the various elemental piercings at the start of the dungeon, it'll be a headache to reincorporate the biomes back into the piercings. A headache but not impossible, so I'll make an effort to put this in the next update, which I think will be done before the end of the week.
Well, they did just say they were on 0.5.0 and not 0.5.1, so hopefully updating will fix the issue for them.

So maybe hold off on those adjustments until we can confirm or deny that this is still an issue in the latest update-

Because I can't replicate it on 0.5.1

Last edited:

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
I vaguely remember you struggling with these overflow issues in MG1K as well, when damage inflicted got so high it basically rolled over and became wuss-level damage. Ah the joys of game development, right?

Woomod

Oct 28, 2017
As the dev has said, they plan on giving him more time in the spotlight later on-

But, I do have my own thoughts on this, as well as an entire theory about this-

Yeah Kane is.....not the winner in the war of the absentee parent.
Not to excuse his shittiness, but he's a child soldier whose basically told NOT to get too close to his comrades in arms, Like the MC the thing he is best at is inspiring people, but he is actively pushed away by the entire battlemaid culture from doing that in any real personal way, due to fear he could ruin his chances at succesfully breeding his heir.

Even if he doesn't like a maid that way he has to pretend he does because that's the social expectation that every maid is "in the running" when it's an open secret it's a two girl competition, and the others are here first and formost because they want to fight.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Well, they did just say they were on 0.5.0 and not 0.5.1, so hopefully updating will fix the issue for them.

So maybe hold off on those adjustments until we can confirm or deny that this is still an issue in the latest update-

Because I can't replicate it on 0.5.1
It looks as if 0.5.1 may have fixed it for me, as since upgrading today it hasn't happened again.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ballistic 9029

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah Kane is.....not the winner in the war of the absentee parent.
Not to excuse his shittiness, but he's a child soldier whose basically told NOT to get too close to his comrades in arms, Like the MC the thing he is best at is inspiring people, but he is actively pushed away by the entire battlemaid culture from doing that in any real personal way, due to fear he could ruin his chances at succesfully breeding his heir.

Even if he doesn't like a maid that way he has to pretend he does because that's the social expectation that every maid is "in the running" when it's an open secret it's a two girl competition, and the others are here first and formost because they want to fight.
At this point it's near useless to try and "redeem" Kane, because that would mean to vilify somebody else like the mother or the head maid who are pretty much responsible for his situation, the other option is for the dev to puke an evil mastermind to pin every blame.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
That already exists. The current Demon Queen who attacked his father whilst still second-in-command, for a power play.

Reactions: DBAV
Mar 24, 2019
At this point it's near useless to try and "redeem" Kane, because that would mean to vilify somebody else like the mother or the head maid who are pretty much responsible for his situation, the other option is for the dev to puke an evil mastermind to pin every blame.
I don't think it'd be a waste to redeem him. You don't need to vilify someone to justify him personally, you just need to have a different perspective. So far the game is shaping up to look like there isn't a true "villain" just people being people and clashing because of it.

Reactions: MisterRed

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I don't think it'd be a waste to redeem him. You don't need to vilify someone to justify him personally, you just need to have a different perspective. So far the game is shaping up to look like there isn't a true "villain" just people being people and clashing because of it.
You don't need another villain to UNDERSTAND Kane but you do need it to REDEEM him, right now we are told he's just a man doing his best but we are shown he's an asshole , weak and incompetent at every level.
I forgot to mention that even the demon queen (who caused all of this in her quest for power) is more loved than Kane.

Reactions: Nessiah
4.60 star(s) 73 Votes