Buddysvata

Jan 21, 2022
That's a lot of effort for something I've already confirmed in this thread :KEK: Yeah, the backgrounds are AI
Nice to hear. Ballistic seemed to disagree, so I gave them some pointers which they can now use in future analyses I suppose. Honestly, it is rather fun, like doing a spot the differences game.
Regardless, I knew that they were AI art without your confirmation, but of course I cannot say the same about all other areas. Did you also confirm that the guild lady is not drawn by you or is that actually my imagination?

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Nice to hear. Ballistic seemed to disagree, so I gave them some pointers which they can now use in future analyses I suppose. Honestly, it is rather fun, like doing a spot the differences game.
Regardless, I knew that they were AI art without your confirmation, but of course I cannot say the same about all other areas. Did you also confirm that the guild lady is not drawn by you or is that actually my imagination?
The guild lady and also all many one-time NPCs that appear in the flashback are also AI. They were originally characters without art that would appear only in speech or narration. I think an AI representation is better than nothing, and their sex scenes will always be hand drawn. If not for this, these characters would have no art at all. (And if enough people disagree, I wouldn't mind changing it, it's not something I feel strongly about)
As a single dev I have to pick which battles I fight for development, and backgrounds + background characters give very little return for the amount of effort required. Naturally, main characters are hand drawn, and some of the NPCs like Tinker and two new ones in the next update have also been given that treatment, since it's still something I want to avoid. I'm a professional artist after all, I want the game to be appreciated for my art (I can just only draw so much as one person) (y)

Buddysvata

Jan 21, 2022
I'm a professional artist after all, I want the game to be appreciated for my art (I can just only draw so much as one person) (y)
Thank your for the transparency. I fully understand the workload on your shoulders and as mentioned from the beginning, have no issues with this. It's just good to know that my eyes did not play tricks on me haha

On a more cheerful note, I really enjoy your game. The amount of variables that go into interactions and player choice are very nice. The RPG aspect is also refreshing compared to the usual RPGmaker fare I encounter. It is honestly impressive how you spun the original art that was clearly meant for a modern day rich school girl setting into a fantasy story. I especially liked the twist of making the maids into war maidens of a hero's party.

I understand that with mdf_an's blueprint you did not have much of choice in the matter, but the only real con to me is that the "futanari" option is just a shemale. If only the original art had given ojou-san a vagina...

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Thank your for the transparency. I fully understand the workload on your shoulders and as mentioned from the beginning, have no issues with this. It's just good to know that my eyes did not play tricks on me haha

On a more cheerful note, I really enjoy your game. The amount of variables that go into interactions and player choice are very nice. The RPG aspect is also refreshing compared to the usual RPGmaker fare I encounter. It is honestly impressive how you spun the original art that was clearly meant for a modern day rich school girl setting into a fantasy story. I especially liked the twist of making the maids into war maidens of a hero's party.

I understand that with mdf_an's blueprint you did not have much of choice in the matter, but the only real con to me is that the "futanari" option is just a shemale. If only the original art had given ojou-san a vagina...
1703184366956.jpeg
She has one in this pic, there are two versions of it for preference

Reactions: MisterRed

Buddysvata

Jan 21, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She has one in this pic, there are two versions of it for preference
I'm sorry, are you saying that all of mdf_an's gallery has two versions and I somehow was only exposed to the shemale version until now? Or is it just this one pic? I thought I had seen all of their works, but apparently not.
Hypothetically if all of their images had a proper futanari version, would you not include this detail in your game because of convenience? I would understand why. 2/4 variations having a vagina would mean giving extra content to playthroughs many would never experience. Having to use two different image sets is probably annoying too.

Well, I am not even asking for sex scenes involving her vagina, but visually it would certainly be an improvement.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
What's this ? An essay, again!

Context: as usual, started a new save to test the changes. Second, I tend to sell resources when it would allow me to reach higher power - and that thing is as strong a before.

Overall: gameplay wise, that felt sadly really close to the previous version/meta, which sadly was not exactly fun to play. Having repeteadly the bug with the mob retaliating after dying was also on the frustrating side.
Story wise, not reached the latest point yet - again.
QoL wise: lot of new things, thanks! I also just learned highligted icon are when the element is applied to the mob, which is, extra nice! And i'm not sure it's explained anywhere in the game (or maybe it's in the tutorial I skipped that time...)
And disclaimer: I tend to focus on what I think are point that could be improved in the game, so sorry if it sound a bit negative (as usual) - even if I did find it less fun than in 3.x, I do still enjoy the game!

Mar 24, 2019
That's a lot of effort for something I've already confirmed in this thread :KEK: Yeah, the backgrounds are AI
Admittedly I must've missed the post about the backgrounds being AI, though I guess that goes to show that you'll only notice if you're actively looking.

I only saw the post where you were talking about how the character sprites are in fact your own art.

Mar 24, 2019
Very well.
I can do this for literally every room at the mansion, but I hope I made my point clear.
I did not pick anything inside dungeons or spaces that you could argue are magical and nonsensical by nature. AI art and its quirks are actually rather welcome in games with odd dimensions and hellish realms. Now one could argue that this is a world of magic and that some of these things could be caused by it even inside a fairly normal mansion.... but it is awfully selective then and only in the weirdest ways.

If we are honest with ourselves one would have to make a lot of excuses to justify any of this, but that would require one to be in a position where the end goal is to defend the art at all costs, not to actually critically analyse it. Most of the things I mentioned in the spoiler are common AI issues even today. It's not a crime to use AI like this, especially not for free fan games. It is completely understandable that a one person dev team cannot invest the same level of effort into everything. It is impressive enough as is.
Fair enough, I can see the difference now, just never really paid much attention to backgrounds, and I've only ever seen conversations where it seemed like people were mistaking the character sprites themselves for being AI generated.

Those are what I would expect for AI to make. I also apologize if I came off as aggressive, I just missed conversation at some point.

Mar 24, 2019
Without skipping floors, what's the fastest way to get enchanted crystals?
Honestly, just clear floors, and trade with Tinker when you get the chance.

One of Tinker's best trades is one where you can buy enchanted crystals in exchange for gold, that's a really fast way to get a lot in bulk if you have the gold for it.

Plus Tinker scales her offers to what you've done in the dungeon so far, so if you don't wanna jump deep into it, you'll still get the same offer whether you're just starting, or if you're a quadrillionaire.

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Hi there, has adamantite been integrated already? Because whenever i get some as a reward it is not listed, and i cannot use it either.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Hi there, has adamantite been integrated already? Because whenever i get some as a reward it is not listed, and i cannot use it either.
You should be able to use it when upgrading Serafina. In the top row of three icons, it's the one on the right.

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
You should be able to use it when upgrading Serafina. In the top row of three icons, it's the one on the right.
Not what i meant friend. I mean i literally don't get any adamantite.
Let me show you what i mean, In the next few pictures i am trying to claim my next guild reward.
Look what happens.
This is before and after claiming the reward, after claiming the reward it should be visible at the top right of the screen with all the other crafting materials but there is nothing there.

EDIT: I found out that you can get adamantite just fine, if you get it using your own forge. But both adamantite and emerald gained from guild rewards won't be added to your recourses.

Last edited:

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Not what i meant friend. I mean i literally don't get any adamantite.
Let me show you what i mean, In the next few pictures i am trying to claim my next guild reward.
Look what happens.
This is before and after claiming the reward, after claiming the reward it should be visible at the top right of the screen with all the other crafting materials but there is nothing there.

EDIT: I found out that you can get adamantite just fine, if you get it using your own forge. But both adamantite and emerald gained from guild rewards won't be added to your recourses.
My apologies, the guild rewards for thorium, emerald, pink crystals and adamantium are currently not working.

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
My apologies, the guild rewards for thorium, emerald, pink crystals and adamantium are currently not working.
No problem friend, and no apologies necessary. Just take your time with this game, it is already very good as it is.

Oh and one more thing. Seeing as everyone seems to like to whip theirs out, i might as well join in to.

bunzo218

Jun 26, 2023
Some of you that have played my games before may know that I'm notorious for having a fast update schedule. My July is going to be a little busy, but I'm happy to say that 0.2 is already balls deep in development with brand new events, sex scenes and mechanics:
View attachment 2741481

Give it a try! I'm hoping that this will be my best game yet. As always, critique is welcomed and encouraged.
what the heck i didn't play this part

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes