Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEXX

Aug 24, 2017
Ok so here comes the obvious question ,can't you just jimmy jennings off that shit ? I don't get what the heck use it is to have a counter that counts your activity in school compared to the progress system of the other women

of course the problem with that is if you are adding from other sources that still use that counter version of jennings code you would have to adapt it...or even do it in the first place

dirtyotaku13

Jul 12, 2017
My best guess, ZEXX, is that Mrs. Jennings got such a counter to allow for the amount of time you spend in school. You go through class and such, meet at the park and the bar, looking for that next “trigger”.

The others had only sex-scene counters, determining when certain scenes were allowed to be chosen. Frankly, the fact that only she has such a progression counter is the most annoying aspect, because the others all work fine without one.
I mean, this was back when Nergal was first going "I want to rework how the girls are progressed" and Mrs. J was just the first one he did before the hiatus. He probably wanted to do all of them in a similar way before he left and then had the later versions be a rework from the ground up.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
So instead of being productive and starting in on Lisa or Kimberly, or even fixing bugs, I've created a super-special secret thing. It's ready to go, all free and working clear... now it's on YOU all to find it. (It'll be in the next update/patch/thingy).

If you do, don't spoil it for anybody else, okay? It's meant to be a surprise, so let's try to keep it that way, at least for a little while... And no, it's not a sex scene, or special dialogues or anything. It's a full 10-15 minutes of playtime that will, hopefully, be a look into the future of this mod, and beyond.

Plan for tomorrow is to fix what's left of what ZEXX and Isthe noted for me, and then start on... Kimberly. I happen to like Lisa the most of the three, so I'm gonna save her for last.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
ZEXX Here's how RPG Maker (and video games in general) work. Details in the Spoiler, as usual.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hoo boy, that was a lot to write! Sorry about the rambling there Zexx, I... kinda got into the writing headspace and just let myself go.

If you don't want to read the nitty-gritty in the spoilers, what it boils down to is finding each and every instance of Mrs. Jennings' Progression variables, replacing them with new, more specified variables, and then inserting Switches so that they never repeat endlessly (like the Mom TC scene, or the endless quiz).

Reactions: ZEXX

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Isthe Chowdhury Fixed the scene with Mrs. Jennings, I didn't input the proper variable for her scene to begin. Should run fine now.

ZEXX I got most of the things fixed that you reported. The only things I couldn't figure out were the Lockers - since you really shouldn't be going in there anyway (and I may just remove them, because there's nothing worthwhile in there anyway).

**EDIT** Yeah, took the lockers out, they were a holdover from back when I wanted to go an Apathy route, and I needed school-access to the Sewer system... now they're gone. No point in wasting excess space, free up a bit more room on the computer.

Pito/Thomas I can't figure out either, because they're scheduled to appear after you first expose yourself in class... I think I know what I can do about them, but it may break something. I'll get back to you on it. Everything else is patched up and going strong! Later today, KIM-BER-LEEEEEE (I'm saying that in a deep-announcer voice for... some fucked-up reason).

**EDIT** Okay, set them up with special switches that will turn ON/OFF appropriately. Let me know what you think after next release.

Anything you want/need me to do, now's the time to tell me folks!

Last edited:

ZEXX

Aug 24, 2017
actually i read all of it and mostly understood all of it ,I have played around with game mod coding before...not sure how many games but first thing that comes to mind is NeverWinter nights ,so these terms are known to me ,also nothing to be sorry about ,you explained some concepts ,info is always good

Truthfully the Jennings solution should have been done from the start

Done? well some of us would rather the game have an ever after type mode where you can just enjoy your girls ...i dunno might be pointless with the same dialogue ,though i've always thought that a system that randomized the text would do wonders for immersion ,basically the idea is the system would use random numbers to choose what words to use at certain areas of the sentence which in turn would be determined by the previous word/s which set a sentence variable so it knows what words are appropriate to draw for the next random word/s

yeah complicated and really not something you should think about ,it's just these games break immersion as the chars always say the same thing every time so i've long thought this would make a big difference in the player's enjoyment

Reactions: F9Zoney

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
If you check Pito’s father out, or Pito himself, you’ll see exactly that. It’s called a COMMON EVENT, and it’s used primarily to free up space in event scripts.

They will say one of five various things to you, prior to your TCing Sarah and themselves. It also occurs in the Best Ending when you check the TV; one of five different “broadcasts” are played.

It’s entirely possible to do for everyone, just time consuming.

Ishto

Sep 16, 2016
Hey Xalenda! Good job on those changes! Did you reload the mod? Or are those changes coming in the next update?

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
Quick question, which path would (any of) you recommend right now?
Corruption has that nice "Fuck you and your mother, literally" feel, but Purity has that 'innocent' shota kind of thing going for it.

Also, is the MEGA link all up to date?

Also^2, what program and how do you make/edit the dialogue files? I kind of liked the old ones as they were much easier to edit with even just Notepad, but the new CSVs are a hassle to edit. Instead of being in separate rows, all the text is in separate columns...

Also^3, when doing Ms Amos' purity choices, the game, at some point, locks in both Purity and Corruption paths, meaning when talking to Ms Amos in her home in the afternoon, the player gets no choice other than "Nevermind".

Last edited:

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
tonzak The mod is corruption-focused, with an edge leaning towards more “dark” than “bad” choices. Choosing purity won’t do much except prolong your experience.

Yes, the MEGA link is currently running 0.9.1, with Sarah being the newest addition/change.

I use a program called to edit the dialogues. You can click the link to download a free version of it.

I’m aware that Ms. Amos needs fixing; there shouldn’t be a way to toggle her Purity path, because upon taking your first power, you lock her into the Corrupt path. That being said, I’ll take a look at it anyway.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Just a heads-up here folks:

In the newest version (releasing alongside Kimberly), the Debug option WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.

At least, not initially.
Once the computer is all fixed up, you can attempt to get it working again.
There is no "code" for it... but it's not exactly the same as an On/Off switch anymore.

This is how it's going to be for all subsequent releases, with the questions / answers changing as well, so there's no one correct set of answers.
They'll all be real questions and answers, too - nothing troll-ish or biased answers in there.

After all, the point of the game isn't to skip to the end~

Last edited:

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
Just a heads-up here folks:

In the newest version (releasing alongside Kimberly), the Debug option WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.

At least, not initially.
Once the computer is all fixed up, you can attempt to get it working again.
There is no "code" for it... but it's not exactly the same as an On/Off switch anymore.

This is how it's going to be for all subsequent releases, with the questions / answers changing as well, so there's no one correct set of answers.
They'll all be real questions and answers, too - nothing troll-ish or biased answers in there.

After all, the point of the game isn't to skip to the end~
Then how are we going to see Slave ends without having to wait for a significant amount of time?:Kappa:

Reactions: Xalenda

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Me: Wow, I’ve done a lot! I’ve created something special for completely finishing the game, made sure the codes all work as intended, made sure the Debug option works correctly, and even made a new Title screen! I’m the best at modding!

Responsible Me: Didn’t you say you were going to work on Kimberly today?

Me: #$&*!

Reactions: F9Zoney and Ishto

Ishto

Sep 16, 2016
Me: Wow, I’ve done a lot! I’ve created something special for completely finishing the game, made sure the codes all work as intended, made sure the Debug option works correctly, and even made a new Title screen! I’m the best at modding!

Hey all of that sounds cool! Anything new is welcome!

TheSinful

Jun 11, 2018

Me: I can't believe how stupid teenagers are.
Also Me: Didn't you once stab yourself in the face?

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Time for another round of GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS.

Bad news: Kimberly's Hide and Seek in the park is probably going to break. And I mean, like, completely crash the game unless I miraculously did it all correctly. Which I pretty much assuredly did not, but... we'll see what happens.

**EDIT**
Yep, texting didn't work. Can't figure out the Ruby scripting for that, so I just made a crappier version. If you know how to insert a text, let me know!

Good news: Kimberly is no longer confined to the park or her house in the afternoons! Once you play with Amanda 3 times, you find her missing the next time you check up on them. After getting a text from her (again, this might break things or not even work), you find the last location - THE CAFE!!!!!

Turns out she's a waitress there. Who knew! Certainly not me.

Next up is the real meat of the next update: corrupting her at her home, and the ensuing TC scenes. Should be fun!

(And yes, I've kept in the Sydney babysitting Amanda thing for now; may toss it in the future. You have been warned!)

Last edited:

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
I’m aware that Ms. Amos needs fixing; there shouldn’t be a way to toggle her Purity path, because upon taking your first power, you lock her into the Corrupt path. That being said, I’ll take a look at it anyway.
Checked the game/code and there is a way to lock Amos' Purity path:
At her home when groping Ms Amos, if you/the game chooses the Purity Grope, it also toggles [0801: Ms Amos Purity Lock In].
It's at her home when she's in the kitchen, Event Page 1, right under "Comment: PLAY GOOD GROPE HERE", almost at the exact center of the event page when scrolling down. VX Ace doesn't have line numbers on event pages for whatever dumbass reason so I can't give the precise line.

But apparently, since this mod focuses mostly on corruption, any further sexual interaction with Amos (or any other character I presume) you only get the corruption choices, which probably also trigger the corruption lock in.

LeeAnasaki

May 20, 2017
Hey Xalenda,
i've a short question have you changed a little things, when you start a new game? I've taken the phone an tried to take a picture from mom in the shower but you can't interact with the shower, not with phone and not the curtain. sry when the question old an bothersome is but i thought it would better start a new game.

with respectful greetings Lee

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes