4.10 star(s) 53 Votes
U

User_135940

In regards to pregnancy:

Now we have what... 5+ girls? Two are teachers (Ms Amos teaches at Neela's school and has a shotocon fetish from UxL), three are married (Amos, Cummings, and one of the park women) so scandal would arise from that.

Then you have to deal with the kid, a woman with a scarlet letter, a scandal, and their SOs who'd be beyond pissed that some little brat was banging their wife.
I mean, there's already a scene in the game where Peter screws Mrs. Jennings in front of all of the male members of his class and if you look at the notes for the remaining 10 Heart scenes say stuff like "Park night-time gangbang" for Dizzy and "Middle of store fuck" for Kaylee so I sort of think that the intent from the get-go was this would become public somehow. Either that, or, Nergal was already willing to bend the player's suspension of disbelief into how long people would remain oblivious to what was going on.

In terms of gameplay, that could certainly be a game over since now, Peter could take responsibility for the kids in the early game or the devs (us basically) would have to have some mumbo jumbo explain this. On top of that, do you REALLLLY want to get into incest and inbreeding in game with this? Because Sydney and your mom getting pregnant from you starts asking that question...
The pregnancy ending as a possible end state to the game was exactly what I was thinking really. I was never really thinking of Peter being a father as a plot point, at least not one that the player would actually engage with. As far as the morality of it, I think its completely fair of you to question that, and if that's too far for a lot of people then please vocalize those feelings. We're democratizing this to a degree and that's a good thing. I will say though that we're already at Incest-Shotacon levels of depravity here so I guess in my mind incestual pregnancy wasn't too far of a stretch :eek:penedeyewink:.

And I don't even want to think about if you allow incest with babies... Rule 7 up the hizzy on that one. So let's just skip the demonic baby idea to them as adults and incest...

If those kids become part demon, whether because Peter and Neela are demonic by birth or whatever, then how could you explain that aspect?
Like I said above, it was an idea for an end state. The thought Peter sexing his children never even crossed my mind. In fact, them being your children didn't even really cross my mind as they really were nothing more than end game plot devices to me. They would be demi-demons, just like Peter and Neala, and the rationalization would be that their value would come from them being able to take on powers just like Neala and Peter can. In the design document you set up, I stated that what I wanted for Meridiana was for her to be a critical piece in completing a ritual that would allow the birth of demi-demons in the first place (hence why your father is leading you along to go free her). Her being imprisoned could be explained as whomever imprisoned her (still don't really have an idea for who that could be) trying to prevent this demi-demon apocalypse from happening. This is what the endgame choice would be. My rationale for this entire route was mostly that it would provide the player with an ending that it ties into and expands on both the sexual themes (pregnancy) and the harem-control/blackmail themes. Peter can accept the power his fathers plan will give him (corruption) or reject that in favor of continuing the consensual nature of his relationships (purity). The twist of him actually being a demi-demon could also bring in another angle to the decision in the form of an identity crisis sort of thing. Peter's father could easily argue that Peter is more demon then human anyway so why not go through with the plan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
In the design document you set up--
That's not mine. It's @MystZER0 's

Overall, your points are fair and it's not like it's my own opinion on it save for the demonic babies stuff which can lead down a dark path if implemented incorrectly. All I'm pointing out is some of the issues that entails and some of the hazards of it.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
I mean, there's already a scene in the game where Peter screws Mrs. Jennings in front of all of the male members of his class and if you look at the notes for the remaining 10 Heart scenes say stuff like "Park night-time gangbang" for Dizzy and "Middle of store fuck"
where did you find those ??? can you show us the note of nergal please?

U

User_135940

Overall, your points are fair and it's not like it's my own opinion on it save for the demonic babies stuff which can lead down a dark path if implemented incorrectly. All I'm pointing out is some of the issues that entails and some of the hazards of it.
Yeah I agree. Like I said I never thought of the children as sexual, just a possible means to an end for the plot. Honestly if people want something more vanilla I'm fine with that, I just though of the pregnancy ritual thing as a convenient way for explaining what Meridiana and the hooded figure could possibly want from Peter.

where did you find those ??? can you show us the note of nergal please?

Check the 10 Heart scenes in the 'Backlog' column. Now that I think about it I'm not sure if these were Nergal's or Glassfish's ideas because it seems like Glassfish was in control of the art Trello.

Hambiguity

Sep 4, 2017
Thinking on little Quality Of Life fixes...

Which of these sounds like a good idea:
- add an "Exit to Overworld Map" option in realworld Q actions (might be harder than it looks)
- rework Phone UI to reduce time/clicks needed to get to actions (definitely harder than it looks)
- try to strip down time consumed in the whole morning chat with mom (or a way to toggle the interaction entirely)
- increase interaction chances with Nurse Donna, at least until you get the option to visit her daily?
- reduce the size of the Park benches map (to like half its width) and merge it with the Playground Map

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017

- add an "Exit to Overworld Map" option in realworld Q actions (might be harder than it looks)
- rework Phone UI to reduce time/clicks needed to get to actions (definitely harder than it looks)
- try to strip down time consumed in the whole morning chat with mom (or a way to toggle the interaction entirely)
- increase interaction chances with Nurse Donna, at least until you get the option to visit her daily?
- reduce the size of the Park benches map (to like half its width) and merge it with the Playground Map
There's a bunch of little things like this that could be improved. I suggested that the mother should start out already next to your bed in the mornings to cut that time down, because watching her walk becomes excruciatingly repetitive when playing for awhile. And yes, the phone is so incredibly and unnecessarily slow. I don't understand why he bothered making a fake cursor. Just have it snap to the options like a normal menu. I also agree that it takes too long to open up Donna's any-day appointments. It's a grind to access the grind.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016

1: There is an "official" (Nergal took my code) code you can enter into the computer to activate a "teleport to map" option in the Q-menu. We could activate it from the start but I don't think it's neccesary.

2: That fucking Phone UI dude... I was the one who originally added the numbers above the Rel and Cor bars and even just doing that was a mess. But yes, we should indeed look at smoothing out the Phone menu in some ways!

3: As @thestickman said, having Mom start next to you (or speeding up her entrance) is definitly something I want aswell. Skipping it entirely can also be done... Maybe add an option for you to get an alarm clock from somewhere so you wake yourself up instead of having her wake you up? (This would mean that at least for the first couple days of the game you'll be "forced" to have this but afterwards its optional)

4: I don't know how we would do that though... Maybe we can speed up how fast you unlock the Daily option instead? This is a hard one XD

5: If only it were that easy. But it is something we can look at in the future.

These are obviously MY opinions on these things, I don't speak for everyone who wants to work on this project!

dirtyotaku13

Jul 12, 2017
Been keeping up with Nergal's work on this since like 0.5 or somewhere around there. Sad to see him go, but also impressed at how dedicated the fans are and I'm looking forward to seeing what could happen to this down the road.

That said, I figured I'd chime in with my thoughts/suggestions.

-As others have said the mother morning visits get real tedious real fast. I wouldn't mind it being like the night visits are now where they don't ALWAYS happen and you can choose when to specifically trigger them.
-Again, as already pointed out, Donna needs to get going a bit faster. I can pretty much max out a couple women's corruption before she's even given me a second HJ, let alone letting me visit every day. Don't have a specific solution for this, but maybe have a second day during the week you can come in for a checkup? Like maybe when you see her in the store you can say "Hey nurse, I don't feel so good. Can you take a look at me real quick?"
-The routine of going to school every morning can get a bit repetitive, so maybe when you get to a certain level with Mrs. J you can ask her to let you skip.
-I would think for endings, just generic "Purity or Corruption" endings would suffice for the start, but I don't have any kind of details for that (not even gonna pretend I'm a writer).
-Maybe some more consistency in what does/doesn't consume time? Like how Kimberly doesn't advance time in the park (except for ONE corruption event) but DOES in the store. Or how Neala doesn't at all, but Sarah does. I dunno, always kinda stuck out to me as a little weird is all.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
-As others have said the mother morning visits get real tedious real fast. I wouldn't mind it being like the night visits are now where they don't ALWAYS happen and you can choose when to specifically trigger them.
-Again, as already pointed out, Donna needs to get going a bit faster. I can pretty much max out a couple women's corruption before she's even given me a second HJ, let alone letting me visit every day. Don't have a specific solution for this, but maybe have a second day during the week you can come in for a checkup? Like maybe when you see her in the store you can say "Hey nurse, I don't feel so good. Can you take a look at me real quick?"
-The routine of going to school every morning can get a bit repetitive, so maybe when you get to a certain level with Mrs. J you can ask her to let you skip.
-I would think for endings, just generic "Purity or Corruption" endings would suffice for the start, but I don't have any kind of details for that (not even gonna pretend I'm a writer).
-Maybe some more consistency in what does/doesn't consume time? Like how Kimberly doesn't advance time in the park (except for ONE corruption event) but DOES in the store. Or how Neala doesn't at all, but Sarah does. I dunno, always kinda stuck out to me as a little weird is all.
1: Working on ideas about how to best do these things. Check my last post for one of the ideas I had.

2: Again, check my last post.

3: Currently when you unlock Mrs.J's phone number you can send a text telling her you're sick but she never accepts it and expects you to show up anyway. (Basically)
Maybe when cor/rel are high enough she'll instead let you skip. (This way you still have to have unlocked her phone number so you can't just start skipping instantly.

4: A simple pure and corrupt ending would work, however the way the story is set up right now I'm not sure how we'd pull that off. But endings are nowhere near our top priority right now. First comes fixing then comes expanding!

5: This is something I have personally been thinking about for a long time. On one hand it's a way of limiting how many scenes you can see in one day, on the other hand if you know the "correct" order you can still get all (or almost all) in one day anyway. Definitely something we can think about or look into!

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
4: A simple pure and corrupt ending would work, however the way the story is set up right now I'm not sure how we'd pull that off. But endings are nowhere near our top priority right now. First comes fixing then comes expanding!

5: This is something I have personally been thinking about for a long time. On one hand it's a way of limiting how many scenes you can see in one day, on the other hand if you know the "correct" order you can still get all (or almost all) in one day anyway. Definitely something we can think about or look into!
I like the idea of the Purity and Corrupt endings, might be easier to do those first as they already fit within the existing mechanics of the game - choosing Purity and Corrupt. They are also a bit easier to write (yeah, me being sort of lazy, but also pragmatic) as they are a continuation of the existing game dialogues.

The timing thing I always liked as a way of "knowing the best path to take" to make the best use of your time. It also provides a way of increasing your relationships in a shorter amount of time. I understand its weird, but I like it. How you can also see Mrs Amos in the store and do things with her, but still have time to bonk Kimberly over in Aisle 3 if you want to.

Although I agree, we first need to get the current gaps filled, as well as whatever needs completing with the final version. I don't want to be writing too many more scenes if they are already taken care of by Nergal.

Reactions: SmurfyBlue

Hambiguity

Sep 4, 2017
1: There is an "official" (Nergal took my code) code you can enter into the computer to activate a "teleport to map" option in the Q-menu. We could activate it from the start but I don't think it's neccesary.

2: That fucking Phone UI dude... I was the one who originally added the numbers above the Rel and Cor bars and even just doing that was a mess. But yes, we should indeed look at smoothing out the Phone menu in some ways!

3: As @thestickman said, having Mom start next to you (or speeding up her entrance) is definitly something I want aswell. Skipping it entirely can also be done... Maybe add an option for you to get an alarm clock from somewhere so you wake yourself up instead of having her wake you up? (This would mean that at least for the first couple days of the game you'll be "forced" to have this but afterwards its optional)

4: I don't know how we would do that though... Maybe we can speed up how fast you unlock the Daily option instead? This is a hard one XD

5: If only it were that easy. But it is something we can look at in the future.

These are obviously MY opinions on these things, I don't speak for everyone who wants to work on this project!
#1 Oh, I missed that bit. Although I'm now also thinking if we just improve travel enough there'd be no need to use the shortcut to the overworld map.
#2 That doesn't sound reassuring, from a dev standpoint, hahaha! Now I'm afraid to take a look at the phone code.
#3 The alarm clock idea sounds nice! The more I think about it, the more I like it.
#4 I was thinking contrive a way to make Nurse Donna need to check you up as well every Wednesday, and/or just increase the places she can be interacted with, because so far, besides the hospital, we only see her in the store.
#5 the lifting of maps seemed easy enough. It's probably the events hooking that's gonna be the source of many of the potential issues.

U

User_135940

#4 I was thinking contrive a way to make Nurse Donna need to check you up as well every Wednesday, and/or just increase the places she can be interacted with, because so far, besides the hospital, we only see her in the store.
Maybe once you've thrown away the pain pills you can justify going back to the hospital early in order to get more pills? You could go to Nurse Donna and say something like:

Peter: "Hey Nurse Donna! My Mom has gone and lost those pain pills you gave her!"

Nurse Donna (hesitantly): "Oh, uh, hello Peter. Y-Yes I can fulfill your prescription again. Let me just look over your health insurance policy to see how you'll be charged" *Nurse Donna looks over the policy* "It says here that once you've lost a bottle you'll only be able to get four days worth of pain pills every time you come back."

Peter: "So I'll need to come back ever four days to get the pills?"

Nurse Donna: "Well your mother would need to come..."

Peter: "But Nurse Donna, my mother is REALLY busy right now and I don't think she can come over here every four days. How about you just give me the pills on Saturday's when we have our checkup and I can come back on, oh say, Wednesdays maybe?"

Nurse Donna: "Well... I guess that would work. You're already coming here alone on Saturdays anyway so I guess it's ok. Now that I think about it, it's already really strange that we let a kid come in here on his own..."

Peter:"Great! Say, Nurse Donna, if I'm coming in on Wednesdays anyway why don't we just do a checkup then as well!"

Nurse Donna: "I, uh... yeah sure, I don't think I have anything at those times anywa...."

Peter:"Fantastic! See you then Nurse Donna!" *Peter takes the prescription from Nurse Donna and runs out*

There can be a scene after this of Peter throwing the pills into a storm drain or something, and after that him throwing the pills away can just be an understood thing he does after every checkup.

Reactions: QhazeLupe

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Easiest way to speed up Donna would be to have her store interaction simply give more relationship/corruption each time. Or, a bit more involved, have her show up somewhere else. Right now she's only in the store two mornings a week. You could have her wait for the bus some days, or be in the neighborhood, etc.

But, I know it's easy for anyone to come up with ideas; it's actually implementing them that is the work. Which is something I definitely couldn't participate in, so I shall wait.

baphometx

Oct 8, 2016
I know there's no changelog for the unofficial patch, but can anyone tell me the changes made by @Kinnerman with the latest patch?

Also, I noticed dialogue files for Mom babysitting and Sydney-Hospital, are these unimplemented?

Last edited:

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
#1 Oh, I missed that bit. Although I'm now also thinking if we just improve travel enough there'd be no need to use the shortcut to the overworld map.
#2 That doesn't sound reassuring, from a dev standpoint, hahaha! Now I'm afraid to take a look at the phone code.
#3 The alarm clock idea sounds nice! The more I think about it, the more I like it.
#5 the lifting of maps seemed easy enough. It's probably the events hooking that's gonna be the source of many of the potential issues.
1: True, but "improving travel" would mean changing the whole map design. I just don't think the amount of time and effort this would take would be worth it in the end...

2: o_O::|::noexpression::'(

3: :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:

4: True, but because there isn't much backstory to Donna yet there is also no justification for her to be anywhere else. Do you know the amount of hours a professional nurse spends in the hospital? I don't, but I assume A LOT!

5: Yeah, combining two maps into one wouldn't be HARD it would just be very time consuming. And again, I'm not sure it would really be worth it. But it's definitely something to think about!

Maybe once you've thrown away the pain pills you can justify going back to the hospital early in order to get more pills? You could go to Nurse Donna and say something like:

*snip*

There can be a scene after this of Peter throwing the pills into a storm drain or something, and after that him throwing the pills away can just be an understood thing he does after every checkup.
Interesting idea!
Although the text would also need a Pure version of course. :eek:penedeyewink:

Easiest way to speed up Donna would be to have her store interaction simply give more relationship/corruption each time. Or, a bit more involved, have her show up somewhere else. Right now she's only in the store two mornings a week. You could have her wait for the bus some days, or be in the neighborhood, etc.

But, I know it's easy for anyone to come up with ideas; it's actually implementing them that is the work. Which is something I definitely couldn't participate in, so I shall wait.
The Donna thing again, we don't have a clear background for her character, so what's the justification of her being anywhere other than the hospital?
But yeah, we'll look at possibilities to make it a bit easier to grind her stats.
The game is grindy by design and it will never NOT be grindy, but we can make it easier/faster to grind!

I know there's no changelog for the unofficial patch, but can anyone tell me the changes made by @Kinnerman with the latest patch?

Also, I noticed dialogue files for Mom babysitting and Sydney-Hospital, are these unimplemented?
I've been busy preparing for next week (study starts) so I haven't even had the time to look at all the changes he's made. I'll ask him if he's willing to make a changelog ;D
Also, to my knowledge those are not implemented yet.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017

Yeah, all of this. It would be preferrable for the UPhone UI to be jump-based from icon to icon instead of slow scrolling.

isamaru

Sep 5, 2017
pretty sure you need to get at least to fuck from both mom and mrs jennings then talk to fred in class, dont do the lines she assigns then say no after school and that should trigger the scenes

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Looks like you have the unpatched 8.1 beta version. Go to the OP and download the community patch to fix that problem.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes