4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
The Donna thing again, we don't have a clear background for her character, so what's the justification of her being anywhere other than the hospital?
But yeah, we'll look at possibilities to make it a bit easier to grind her stats.
The game is grindy by design and it will never NOT be grindy, but we can make it easier/faster to grind!
This is one thing I worry about, people *WANT* things in the game, either to make the grind easier or think "yeah, that would be awesome!" but without some rationale on the part of the character it falls flat to me. I don't want to just have characters appear randomly in places without some justification. The bar at least has Mrs J there because her husband brings her.

They are nice ideas, but to really flesh out the story and the characters we should have a reason these things happen. Just like we know that something is happening with Peter and Neala due to demonic interference.

Meeting the characters in other places is fine in that respect if there is a cause that Peter/MC meets them, that happens with Lisa already (she's waiting for the bus) and interacting with her(basically a sex scene) increases stats. Having that happen with the others is fine so long as we write it in the right fashion.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I kind of want to bring up endings for a bit because I've been thinking about a good endpoint to this.

Given what we know about Nerghal's code and such, does anyone think that ending Peter's story with Neela's wicked stepmom is too far out of the question?

I think that would be the end of the alliance, and it would give Neela the incentive to begin her own machinations in the game I proposed. This is going to be a long post so I'll try to condense it as much as possible...

In regards to Neela and Peter, we know that they have similar demonic powers. To me, we could possibly work on Neela finally being let free from her wicked stepmother to do her own thing. But it also seems like that'd be the end. If Peter is more corrupt than her, he'll dominate her into the harem. If he's more pure, I don't think that it's beyond reason that he could make her care about something more than sex (like him and their harem or somesuch)

I think that this can be the culmination of the story. In regards to the ending(s), I think that would require more work. To me, how would we create a pure and corrupt ending unless that's the choice between Peter's waifu versus everyone jumping on his dick whenever he wants it? Wouldn't a better parameter be to add up the corruption points and the purity points separately and see which route people took and that's the ending? If so, then no neutral (I'm okay with this, just pointing it out) and it would allow the girls to be have one or the other routes (though I think we'd need an odd number of hearts for this, but that's not the issue.)

Now bear in mind, I think that Neela's stepmother can have some surprises, but as it stands, I don't see much in Nerghal's notes in regards to doing much more than the beginning phase of the story. There's very little about the demon world and I want to think that his focus was more on making the demons IN this town. Which has some implications.

For this, I want to think that if they're in the town, then feeding on sexual energy is a thing. This explains corruption, but I'd like to think that purity is just another form of demon. Kinda like yin and yang. Two parts of the same element. This could just mean that the Fae Queen and Meridiana are demons in their own right. Just different sides of the issue. I still haven't found a good answer to the Underworld, but I'm just starting UxL so I'll think about it some more.

What do you all think? Does it seem like a good stopping point after you find and corrupt/purify her mom to get to endings or should more be explained?

Reactions: SmurfyBlue

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Given what we know about Nerghal's code and such, does anyone think that ending Peter's story with Neela's wicked stepmom is too far out of the question?
Not at all, I was thinking of writing something that basically had Peter corrupting her to be his little sex slave while Neala watches her stepmother be humiliated. What happens after that, I'm not really sure yet. Only thinking of story this would have to be explored as a plot line as its what drive Neala, same as finding out about Peter's father is a driver for him and we'd need to get to there.

After that, all Hell can break lose (so to speak) but I'd like to think that after the stepmother is brought down, that the end of the story (and all things) starts there.

Of course, the whole problem with this part of the story is art. Which we don't have any of at the moment.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Your points are a bit unclear to me, @Ungawa. Do you mean that we end the game before Meridiana is taken down, and essentially sequel-bait for a Neala-centred game?

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Your points are a bit unclear to me, @Ungawa. Do you mean that we end the game before Meridiana is taken down, and essentially sequel-bait for a Neala-centred game?
Kind of toying with exactly that... The problem is that we COULD have it so that there's Meridiana but the issue is that Peter just isn't focused on it. His entire focus is banging anything with DDD he can find.

Neala is focused on power and with this massive obstacle out of her path, you can make it so that the Underworld is her playground. Granted, Peter can be there too if there's sex involved (which he'll be getting since Neala is manipulative like that) but I'd like to think that keeping Peter centered around "fuck every female" with a new game type for Neala (ie corrupt the school and the town) helps set up for more exploration of the Underworld as well as explaining why sex is taken so liberally here.

This also (IMO) helps to focus the ending on Peter and his harem of women and you can begin anew with Neala who can corrupt the school and gain power now that her wicked stepmother no longer runs it (or didn't just force her in there).

So with this, you can now show Meridiana and the demonic politics with more clarity than you could with Peter who was only interested in hunting breast sizes.

Aug 25, 2017
I see a lot of good ideas sadly most of them require art so it's very little possible to do unless we got glass fish and raised money which I find difficult to see after like 2 or 3 devs failing people hopefully at least we can get some not related art elements or custom scenes reusing the art we already got

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I think that getting the game to that point would just be a matter of inserting the art but at least knowing where it's going to go is appropriate. I know that other games do just that. When the art isn't ready, they put a placeholder for later for when it's done. Test out the text and graphics and make sure those are up to snuff.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
To get back to the point of Fred, I'm on the side of throwing him a bone. There's been posts suggesting he'd be the bad guy, but I think that the rich kid buying the pictures (think that's Larry?) might be a better choice, and instead make Fred your minion so you can have him run simple errands or cause distractions and as a reward help you with a DP of someone (of course, you're not gonna let him fuck someone by himself). I feel there aren't a lot of games that do MMF (possibly because of the possessive nature of the people playing the game).

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
To be fair, at this point, do we really KNOW that Meridiana needs to be taken down? Maybe helping her actually leads to a good scenario four our heroes.

My personal idea for a Neala centred game would be based on 2 things.
1: Corrupting/taking over the highschool and have it as a base of operations in the real world.
2: With her incredible strength (which is made stronger by taking over the highschool) start her own town in the Otherworld and slowly take over more and more area.
In the Otherworld you rule with strength and corruption, but in the real world you rule with money and corruption.

Anyway, although thinking about this Neala spin-off is cool and fun, let's focus on this project first!

Reactions: JohnD

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
I have spent some of my time today looking into the Phone Menu script. Basically it's a mess and unless I spend multiple days on it I just wont understand it completely.

I'm trying to look at the standard rpgmvxa menu script to see if I can find a way to make the phone a "skin" for a normal menu and then using normal menu buttons instead but even that is not an easy thing to do when you're not very well versed in the Ruby scripting language.

But I'll continue looking into this because that menu really needs some optimization to say the least XD

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Anyway, although thinking about this Neala spin-off is cool and fun, let's focus on this project first!
That's exactly why I'm giving some consideration to the ending actually. @KingsRaiden 's discussion about a Purity and corruption ending had me thinking about where the story would need to turn and what needs to be explained. What's already established is that long expo would bore the hell out of Peter. So getting a whiff of demon crazy could be just fine. The established people (Meridiana, Fae Queen, etc) are trying to get him to do this stuff and all he does is want to pound em. Sets up some comedy and rewards, but that's another issue.

What this also does is have us focus on the town and their relationship to the demons (is there a cult or do they live among the people) and ultimately give some breathing room to explaining the demonic backstory.

On top of that, with 10+ women in the game, the number of permutations is kinda ridiculous (10!/7! = 720 combinations just for threesomes) unless you put some limits on it... Park Milfs and Kim is a 4 some and won't team up, Then there's the harem with your mom, Sydney, and Ms Amos and such. Oh, and there's Kaylee and her being by her lonesome. But I digress. My point is that getting into all the combos would be considerable work unless you put limits on it and that's excluding the introduction of new ones, such as Neela's stepmother, who's rather important as motivation.

By working a bit backwards, that helps us plot out where the story needs to go so that we can get that all squared away as we move forward. Of course, the plots have to be filled in but at least people can see the end goal and get to those endings.

Of course, this is not set in stone. If people shy away from this, I'm sure we can do more, but I think that setting up that endgoal makes the project more manageable by reducing the introduction of new characters and elements needed to connect to that bridge as we cross it.

I'll write more on this on @MystZER0 's document but just wanted to give my reasoning why I think that's something to consider.

U

User_135940

I have spent some of my time today looking into the Phone Menu script. Basically it's a mess and unless I spend multiple days on it I just wont understand it completely.

I'm trying to look at the standard rpgmvxa menu script to see if I can find a way to make the phone a "skin" for a normal menu and then using normal menu buttons instead but even that is not an easy thing to do when you're not very well versed in the Ruby scripting language.

But I'll continue looking into this because that menu really needs some optimization to say the least XD
(Note: I had a couple of posts about this earlier but I deleted them because I realized I was spamming the thread with my constant incremental updates, sorry about that)

Ok so I've gotten it to the point where you can scroll through the all of the Main Menu and Contact Menu options with just the left and right buttons. The only problem is that its fast as fuck when scrolling so I need some way to pause the game logic for a second after a key is pressed, which I don't know how to do. The phone screen is technically a scene so is there some way to pause the game logic for like 10-20 frames? I've uploaded my file just as plain text so you should be able to just copy and paste over the existing phone code and I've marked the code I added with '#NTIC'. Only thing to consider is that I made it on top of the vanilla 8.2 beta code so I don't know if it will be compatible with the public version or the community patch. I'll look into that once they're both out.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
(Note: I had a couple of posts about this earlier but I deleted them because I realized I was spamming the thread with my constant incremental updates, sorry about that)

Ok so I've gotten it to the point where you can scroll through the all of the Main Menu and Contact Menu options with just the left and right buttons. The only problem is that its fast as fuck when scrolling so I need some way to pause the game logic for a second after a key is pressed, which I don't know how to do. The phone screen is technically a scene so is there some way to pause the game logic for like 10-20 frames? I've uploaded my file just as plain text so you should be able to just copy and paste over the existing phone code and I've marked the code I added with '#NTIC'. Only thing to consider is that I made it on top of the vanilla 8.2 beta code so I don't know if it will be compatible with the public version or the community patch. I'll look into that once they're both out.
Kinda fixed it. Using Input.repeat? instead of Input.press? (I also tried .trigger? instead, but then you couldn't scroll, only jump so you had to click 5 times to make it go 5 times.)
I found one other problem though, when pressing/holding left it skips the save icon, goes from text straight to options instead of to save.
Looking into that now!
Thanks so much @NotThatICare! This is really great and as long as you don't object I'm definitely including this in the next patch update! :D

EDIT:
New bug... the pointer doesn't dissapear when going into menu's where the pointer isn't supposed to be.
Ex: Going into the text messages the pointer stays where it was, pressing right or left in this menu now crashes the game :|

Last edited:
Reactions: User_135940
U

User_135940

I found one other problem though, when pressing/holding left it skips the save icon, goes from text straight to options instead of to save.
Yeah, just remove the '- 1' from line 435, that was stupid of me and I didn't notice because of the fast scrolling.

Yeah you can include it in the next patch, kind of the intent from the get go ;).

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah, just remove the '- 1' from line 435, that was stupid of me and I didn't notice because of the fast scrolling.

Yeah you can include it in the next patch, kind of the intent from the get go ;).
Yeah I noticed that, check my previous post for a bug update though XD

Hambiguity

Sep 4, 2017
Regarding Donna's additional appearances, I was thinking something relatively small, along the lines of:
- as was mentioned before, increase her presence in the store, maybe even by just one day
- have her available in the hospital lobby, probably at night, on a break, until Peter interrupts her alone time. Pure dialogue is Donna worrying about Peter coming over to check up on her in the night, Corrupt dialogue would be Peter leering at her and... dunno, tempting her with his dick?

Also, if anyone's brave enough to be a guinea pig, I have a zip file I'd like you to try:

This should speed up the morning interactions after the first handjob, as well as fix the Mrs. Jennings 10-heart scene so that it only triggers on Monday as planned.
The zip file only contains the files I changed, and was based off the latest mod patch, so apply accordingly. Back up your Data folder first in case anything breaks (sorry in advance if something does break). Hope it works for you guys!

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Regarding Donna's additional appearances, I was thinking something relatively small, along the lines of:
- as was mentioned before, increase her presence in the store, maybe even by just one day
- have her available in the hospital lobby, probably at night, on a break, until Peter interrupts her alone time. Pure dialogue is Donna worrying about Peter coming over to check up on her in the night, Corrupt dialogue would be Peter leering at her and... dunno, tempting her with his dick?

Also, if anyone's brave enough to be a guinea pig, I have a zip file I'd like you to try:

This should speed up the morning interactions after the first handjob, as well as fix the Mrs. Jennings 10-heart scene so that it only triggers on Monday as planned.
The zip file only contains the files I changed, and was based off the latest mod patch, so apply accordingly. Back up your Data folder first in case anything breaks (sorry in advance if something does break). Hope it works for you guys!
Me and @NotThatICare are working on the phone script right now, but I'll check out your thingy later and if it all works without bugs (which I'm assuming it does :eek:penedeyewink:) I'll add it to the patch for the next update! :D

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes