4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hey Nergal, while we've got you here...

I've been delving deeper and deeper into the coding for your game, and there are a few questions I've been meaning to ask you but never got around to it before now.

First and foremost: The parallax backgrounds VS. the in-game builder. I can see the appeal of just loading an image and dumping a bunch of events on the screen instead of "building" and then adding events within VXAce, but what spurred you into taking this direction? And is it comparatively "better" - sure as shit doesn't look easy...

Second: Text messages, namely the difference in the Corrupt/Purity routes. I can understand how the difference of blackmailing or waving your hands with magical demonic powers, and just being a nice kid, will get you different messages. But why are there no "special" messages when capped at both? Surely by then the numerous sexual activities with those women would override any fear or cuteness they may have had initially.

Third, and the largest by far: Your scene dialogues. So... why is it in .CSV format? Why use Excel? Why not just dump the scenes into RPGMaker itself? What do the variables mean in cell A1, and how do they fit into the coding for the game! I'm totally lost on this stuff, any help would be wildly appreciated.

Fourth: (mildly off-topic into Chilly territory here) There are a lot of sex scenes in here; more than a lot of other games combined. To that end, I've noticed a distinct lack of "and then" moments after reaching total Corr/Pur with a person. Given, it's not a fully-released version yet, and there needs to be a stopping point somewhere...

Fifth: (full-blown confusion at this point) Was there ever going to be a point in going into the sewers by the Amos' place? Because, now that I'm sick with a cold, I've spent the past three days building up the school to include two locker rooms, a gigantic back yard, an old equipment shed, and have started to build the sewer system to link the three together for late-night school naughtiness!

And lastly, but by no means the least: How is Glassfish to work with as an artist? She makes some incredible artwork that fits pretty much every niche I have, save for a few here and there, and I'm wondering how you were able to persuade her to work on this title with you.

Phew, done - lots of questions, take your time in answering, or not, totally up to you. Now back to lurking deep into the bowels of the city and joining various other places to the sewer system!
*evil cackling intensifies*
1 - Well parallax approach allows for you to make more detailed maps. Otherwise you'd have to spend time creating tilesets that allow more complexity. Also, it means you can set specific areas to be no go areas instead of having to do it per tile type in rpg maker. Unless it's a super simple room, generally parallaxes make your life easier.

2 - Going forward they will be.

3 - Well the simple answer is because I guess is because I can't just dump them into rpgmaker. The way the animation player script works stops it from using standard rpg maker event text boxes. Have to use my own way of reading text. Additionally it's easier to edit an external file that to hunt it down in rpg maker. Also since the demo I no longer make use of .csv but instead use standard .txt. Was part of the big re-write for the 0.9 build. It's allowed me to create my own personal dialogue creator program, where you can simply input options and it will format the file exactly how the animation code will read it.

4 - I'm not sure I follow when you say "and then" moments?

5 - There was originally something planned, but now, not so much.

6 - Glass is a great partner. Couldn't ask for anyone better. And how did I persuade her? Money to begin with, she was being commissioned for her art. After I returned from my period away we agreed to go into full partnership.

Reactions: grasshopper

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
4: what happens after 100 Corruption/Purity in regards to how the women interact with Peter (overly sweet, descended completely into submission, etc.)

And about the .csv files? There are a bunch of numbers in the first cell. Is that just a locator code, or something less interesting?

DiabloCadet

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry but im confused, I would try look for the answer (if its even there) but i can go through all these pages.
So my question is - Do I need to apply chilly's patch? or is there no need since nergals made a new version.
Did nergal incorporate all the fan made scenes?

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
4: what happens after 100 Corruption/Purity in regards to how the women interact with Peter (overly sweet, descended completely into submission, etc.)

And about the .csv files? There are a bunch of numbers in the first cell. Is that just a locator code, or something less interesting?
We'll probably be working on that.

The starting numbers, are tied to sound arrays so the player know which sounds to play out of a common list (squish sound, bj sounds etc). This however has been removed in the 0.9 build.

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
Sorry but im confused, I would try look for the answer (if its even there) but i can go through all these pages.
So my question is - Do I need to apply chilly's patch? or is there no need since nergals made a new version.
Chilly's mod is stand alone like spider mod for Binding of Isaac

Reactions: DiabloCadet

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
No I won't be incorporating any fan patches. If you want to see if a mod/fan patch is compatible with the newest version you'll have to ask the creator.

DiabloCadet

Nov 15, 2017
No I won't be incorporating any fan patches. If you want to see if a mod/fan patch is compatible with the newest version you'll have to ask the creator.
I think ill stay to the original then. Don't want any game breaking glitches in future updates,
ty!

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
Go to your phone, then select the heart icon and go to Mrs. Jennings page using the left or right arrows, then select the notebook paper icon.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I'm a bit confused. The mom & sister characters are both completely missing from this game, the only characters I can interact with are the teacher, (Mrs. Jennings I think?) & her clone which seems to be the only other occupant of my house, & with the latter all I can do is skip time, Going out the back door of my home crashes the game, talking with one of the shop owners crashes it, at the hospital I load outside the map & can't move anywhere, Is this normal? Is anyone else having this issue? Is the only gameplay currently just to try to interact with mrs Jennings & that's all?

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm a bit confused. The mom & sister characters are both completely missing from this game, the only characters I can interact with are the teacher, (Mrs. Jennings I think?) & her clone which seems to be the only other occupant of my house, & with the latter all I can do is skip time, Going out the back door of my home crashes the game, talking with one of the shop owners crashes it, at the hospital I load outside the map & can't move anywhere, Is this normal? Is anyone else having this issue? Is the only gameplay currently just to try to interact with mrs Jennings & that's all?
Did you skip what Mrs Jennings tells you at the very start of the game?

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Game also crashes when talking to the bartender at the bar. I hate to say this, given how highly this game & Nergal are spoken of, (Especially since Nurgle is my favorite WH40k Chaos lord which is where I'm guessing the name came from), but this current build seems entirely broken. Again with game crashes when going out my home back door, crashes when talking to half the NPCs, having to avoid the hospital completely to avoid loading in off map, Mom & sister missing completely from the game & being stuck & the ONLY character that can be interacted with being the teacher, I just don't see how this game can be anything BUT broken. I understand a lot of it is being reworked, but I don't see the logic in releasing an update that literally breaks or removes most of the content for "reworking" purposes. It seems more logical to either leave the parts to be reworked the same while adding the 0.9 changes, or to simply not release it until the rewokings are finished. Having the old content in the game won't diminish Nergal's ability to rework it.

Sorry but with this game being in the state that it currently is now, I have to give it a thumbs down. Chilly's mod at least has all the characters present & doesn't break & crash left & right.

Reactions: Scorpio1971

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Did you skip what Mrs Jennings tells you at the very start of the game?
Sorry just now saw your reply. Unfortunately F95 completely failed to alert me that I had a response. I'm not sure what you mean? I don't think I skipped any parts, could you elaborate please?

Edit: I'm willing to reconsider & retract my previous judgements about the game if there was something that I ended up doing that caused it to play as broken as it was, but I honestly don't see what that could be

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry just now saw your reply. Unfortunately F95 completely failed to alert me that I had a response. I'm not sure what you mean? I don't think I skipped any parts, could you elaborate please?

Edit: I'm willing to reconsider & retract my previous judgements about the game if there was something that I ended up doing that caused it to play as broken as it was, but I honestly don't see what that could be
If you start a new game, Mrs Jennings says "Don't interact with any characters but me" in some form, which auto plays the moment you start a new game. This is a demo only to show off new features. And so everything has basically been re-worked.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
If you start a new game, Mrs Jennings says "Don't interact with any characters but me" in some form, which auto plays the moment you start a new game. This is a demo only to show off new features. And so everything has basically been re-worked.
So I just want to make sure I understand correctly, What you are saying is restricting the interaction to just Mrs. Jennings & removing the other characters, (for this build I presume), was the idea, specifically to demonstrate changes there? I mean I can appreciate where your coming from on that, but with people whom are new to the game, such as myself, whom usually go for the newest update as that is typically the most stable & has the most content, doesn't that seem counter productive too? I mean they go in expecting the regular game, but get a heavily nerfed & stripped down version that is only there to showcase specific changes. Again, I get it but can you see where I'm coming from as well? I guess I just don't see the logic in stripping the rest of the game away rather than implementing the changes into the already existing game.

BTW, please don't let my feedback discourage you or take it as me telling you how to do your games. Far from it. I'm just sharing my opinion on the things that don't make sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to read.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes