4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
So I just want to make sure I understand correctly, What you are saying is restricting the interaction to just Mrs. Jennings & removing the other characters, (for this build I presume), was the idea, specifically to demonstrate changes there? I mean I can appreciate where your coming from on that, but with people whom are new to the game, such as myself, whom usually go for the newest update as that is typically the most stable & has the most content, doesn't that seem counter productive too? I mean they go in expecting the regular game, but get a heavily nerfed & stripped down version that is only there to showcase specific changes. Again, I get it but can you see where I'm coming from as well? I guess I just don't see the logic in stripping the rest of the game away rather than implementing the changes into the already existing game.

BTW, please don't let my feedback discourage you or take it as me telling you how to do your games. Far from it. I'm just sharing my opinion on the things that don't make sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Yes, but it literally tells you that's what it is. Nergal can't account for user stupidity.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
So I just want to make sure I understand correctly, What you are saying is restricting the interaction to just Mrs. Jennings & removing the other characters, (for this build I presume), was the idea, specifically to demonstrate changes there? I mean I can appreciate where your coming from on that, but with people whom are new to the game, such as myself, whom usually go for the newest update as that is typically the most stable & has the most content, doesn't that seem counter productive too? I mean they go in expecting the regular game, but get a heavily nerfed & stripped down version that is only there to showcase specific changes. Again, I get it but can you see where I'm coming from as well? I guess I just don't see the logic in stripping the rest of the game away rather than implementing the changes into the already existing game.

BTW, please don't let my feedback discourage you or take it as me telling you how to do your games. Far from it. I'm just sharing my opinion on the things that don't make sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to read.
So I'm a bit confused here. Because one point you're saying you're completely new to the game, but on the other point, you're saying you know it's a stripped down content? You also mention the Chilly Mod, which shows you have a greater understanding of the game than a brand new player.

Either way you're thinking about this completely wrong. This is NOT the build. This is a demo of what is to come in. Demos do restrict content and strip down what is to come for that exact purpose. It was to get feedback on some of the big changes and mechanics that will be coming. Also since most (if not all) the mechanics have changed from a scripting point of view, none of the functionality will work, hence for its removal. Good example of that is the busts script, which has completely changed to allow future functionality of default outfits.

I hope that clears it up.

muchacho

Jul 19, 2017
Why ppl write their big opinions for someone to read after they stated that they ignored simple short instructions they were given because they can't be bothered enough to RTFM? A secret of life that's why.

Reactions: Naughty Underworld

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Yes, but it literally tells you that's what it is. Nergal can't account for user stupidity.
With all due respect, I don't recall anything in the game that stated that. I do recall Ms. Jennings character saying not to talk to other women or she may get jealous & it could cause the game to crash, so if that is what you are referring to, that is a very poor way to attempt to notify the player of that, especially if they are new to the game, as I previously said I am. & given that unfamiliarity plus the fact that the game description is VASTLY different than the content of the 0.9 update, I think you would have to agree that said "telling what it is" part comes across more like a tounge in cheek joke than an actual disclaimer stating "Hey this isn't the game as advertized, but specifically a stripped down demo focusing on specific changes I made to the game". So calling it user stupidity isn't very accurate or well thought out. Now I'm not calling it stupidity on Nergal's part either. While I don't really understand or fully agree with his/her reasoning for doing the 0.9 update this way, At the end of the day it's his/her game to do as he/she wishes, & there may be reasons for doing it that way that I'm not aware of. I much prefer to be objective & try to understand the situation as best as I can as opposed to callously claiming things like "user stupidity" or other such nonsense, especially when I may have more of the picture to take account for. Tends to create less conflict & makes the parties involved look less foolish, don't you agree?

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
So I'm a bit confused here. Because one point you're saying you're completely new to the game, but on the other point, you're saying you know it's a stripped down content? You also mention the Chilly Mod, which shows you have a greater understanding of the game than a brand new player.

Either way you're thinking about this completely wrong. This is NOT the build. This is a demo of what is to come in. Demos do restrict content and strip down what is to come for that exact purpose. It was to get feedback on some of the big changes and mechanics that will be coming. Also since most (if not all) the mechanics have changed from a scripting point of view, none of the functionality will work, hence for its removal. Good example of that is the busts script, which has completely changed to allow future functionality of default outfits.

That clears it up a little. Let me clarify some of my statements. I've developed my familiarity with it over the past couple or so hours. My initial expectations were set by the game description. Now when I downloaded the game, I first thought things were amiss when there was no mother or sister character. Then as I tried to explore the map & kept crashing, I started looking through this very thread. I noticed people posting about the chilly mod, so I downloaded it & started playing it, which is where I was able to get a side by side comparison of the 2 games. Does that help clarify?

As for this being a demo, I was under the presumption that this game was referred to as a demo due to it's incomplete status. If that was an error on my part I do apologize. So, if that is the case, is there a different 0.9 full game, (as it is thus far), build that is separate from the 0.9 demo I was playing?

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Why ppl write their big opinions for someone to read after they stated that they ignored simple short instructions they were given because they can't be bothered enough to RTFM? A secret of life that's why.
& do tell, what simple instructions were those? Again, if you are referring to the part at the beginning where Ms. Jennings says that she gets jealous when I talk to other bust NPC's & that might crash the game, read my response to Doomskull. With all due respect, your argument is invalid.

Edit: By the way, I never "admitted" to ignoring anything. As I already stated before, I read it. I simply feel that for a newbie like myself, when comparing it against the description of the game, it didn't clearly communicate the purpose & scope of the game, hence why I presumed it to be more of a tounge in cheek joke. Perhaps if you want to comment on those putting in their opinions, it might do you well to read those arguments so you are at least aware of what you are commenting on.

50centner

Apr 27, 2018

Hello, please tell me, in the demo, the level 5 of the relationship is the maximum? And how to invite a teacher to her home? Is this possible?

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hello, please tell me, in the demo, the level 5 of the relationship is the maximum? And how to invite a teacher to her home? Is this possible?
5 is the maximum. Mrs Jennings said at the start the babysitting scene and threesome with Brigette is not available in the demo.

muchacho

Jul 19, 2017
For some misterious reason some ppl think that I meant them instead of just mentioning some hypothetical ppl. That strange considering those ppl never did anything like what I was talking about. Just saying. Aww and I sure will not look for and read some previous messages, can't be bothered enough to.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
That clears it up a little. Let me clarify some of my statements. I've developed my familiarity with it over the past couple or so hours. My initial expectations were set by the game description. Now when I downloaded the game, I first thought things were amiss when there was no mother or sister character. Then as I tried to explore the map & kept crashing, I started looking through this very thread. I noticed people posting about the chilly mod, so I downloaded it & started playing it, which is where I was able to get a side by side comparison of the 2 games. Does that help clarify?

As for this being a demo, I was under the presumption that this game was referred to as a demo due to it's incomplete status. If that was an error on my part I do apologize. So, if that is the case, is there a different 0.9 full game, (as it is thus far), build that is separate from the 0.9 demo I was playing?
I understand. 0.9 is still in development as the front page suggests and will be released mid May hopefully. It will re-introduce all the major characters again and their new progression.

& do tell, what simple instructions were those? Again, if you are referring to the part at the beginning where Ms. Jennings says that she gets jealous when I talk to other bust NPC's & that might crash the game, read my response to Doomskull. With all due respect, your argument is invalid.

Edit: By the way, I never "admitted" to ignoring anything. As I already stated before, I read it. I simply feel that for a newbie like myself, when comparing it against the description of the game, it didn't clearly communicate the purpose & scope of the game, hence why I presumed it to be more of a tounge in cheek joke. Perhaps if you want to comment on those putting in their opinions, it might do you well to read those arguments so you are at least aware of what you are commenting on.
Game also crashes when talking to the bartender at the bar... crashes when talking to half the NPCs
I think this is where you are causing confusion to those who are replying. You said you read the opening Mrs Jennings lines, but your initial post is complaining of these crashes she warns you will happen. See why it might be confusing for some?

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I understand. 0.9 is still in development as the front page suggests and will be released mid May hopefully. It will re-introduce all the major characters again and their new progression.

I think this is where you are causing confusion to those who are replying. You said you read the opening Mrs Jennings lines, but your initial post is complaining of these crashes she warns you will happen. See why it might be confusing for some?
I appreciate the insight & yes I did just now check again & saw the part about 0.9 still being in development. Oversight on my part. I sincerely apologize for that & retract my previous statements about the game. As for the last part of your reply, I do see where you & they are coming from. What I was saying is, given how that statement clashes with the game description, (as I understood it at the time of course), I thought it was more of a tounge in cheek joke rather than an actual disclaimer. Does that kind of make sense?

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
For some misterious reason some ppl think that I meant them instead of just mentioning some hypothetical ppl. That strange considering those ppl never did anything like what I was talking about. Just saying. Aww and I sure will not look for and read some previous messages, can't be bothered enough to.
If it was just a general observation, then I apologize if I came across as harsh & presumptive. I do hope you understand though that given the current discussion, how your coincidental comments can appear rather targeted.

muchacho

Jul 19, 2017
If it was just a general observation, then I apologize if I came across as harsh & presumptive. I do hope you understand though that given the current discussion, how your coincidental comments can appear rather targeted.
Some mixed message, my friend, since you ignored no instructions you shouldn't be bothered, my argument is invalid one hundred percent in your case. Best regards.

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
Well . I wait this for few months . Just a more few weeks right ? I have so many free time atm . But in mid May i will comeback to work (lot of work) . Hope i can play this before go back to work but look like not lol

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Ok, so I just played through the current full build of the game & I gotta eat my words from earlier. 11/10. You did a great job Nergal. Great gameplay, good pacing of the plot development, plenty of content, really felt like I was playing an old school RPG. I'm impressed, (though all I personally give a shit about is the gameplay. I love finding & playing games that are more obscure & off the beaten path, the gratuitous sex was interesting, just not the particular bait on the hook for me).

Id did give me pause to wonder though, I've seen a lot of these Adult woman / child boy types of games on here, (Shoata was the tearm they used I think?) & I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any of the same with the roles reversed, (not sure what that would be called TBH), Are those games even made? I wonder why that is? It's kinda like when you hear stories in the news of a male adult, say a teacher having sex with an underaged female student, the lynch mob can't form fast enough, but when it's an underaged boy with a female teacher, everyone is talking about how lucky the kid is. That's something I never really quite understood.

Though, in all fairness, child molestation in general makes my blood boil, (think the lyrics from Hatebreed's "A call for blood), However within the scope of games like this, I can look past it, especially since the vast majority of the player base is likely male so I doubt we would have to worry about many women playing this & having it feed into them actually molesting any boys. Huh. Maybe I just answered my own question.

Emojis

Jul 18, 2017
Ok, so I just played through the current full build of the game & I gotta eat my words from earlier. 11/10. You did a great job Nergal. Great gameplay, good pacing of the plot development, plenty of content, really felt like I was playing an old school RPG. I'm impressed, (though all I personally give a shit about is the gameplay. I love finding & playing games that are more obscure & off the beaten path, the gratuitous sex was interesting, just not the particular bait on the hook for me).

Id did give me pause to wonder though, I've seen a lot of these Adult woman / child boy types of games on here, (Shoata was the tearm they used I think?) & I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any of the same with the roles reversed, (not sure what that would be called TBH), Are those games even made? I wonder why that is? It's kinda like when you hear stories in the news of a male adult, say a teacher having sex with an underaged female student, the lynch mob can't form fast enough, but when it's an underaged boy with a female teacher, everyone is talking about how lucky the kid is. That's something I never really quite understood.

Though, in all fairness, child molestation in general makes my blood boil, (think the lyrics from Hatebreed's "A call for blood), However within the scope of games like this, I can look past it, especially since the vast majority of the player base is likely male so I doubt we would have to worry about many women playing this & having it feed into them actually molesting any boys. Huh. Maybe I just answered my own question.
95% of games on here are from the male perspective. I for one don't have a problem with a boy having sex with a older woman... but seeing a grown sweaty man on a girl is not for me. That's just my 2 cents.... also you're new to Urban Demons, Well let me tell you that if you really wanna experience a full game download the previous version, that one comes with all the big busts women that you're looking for.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes