4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hey either way Nergal, I gotta give you credit for your work ethic & dedication. With so many devs that just start & abandon projects left & right, (Wootch being a prime example with Urban x Life), Someone like you whom sees the project through to the end & creates a damn good game in the process is rare. I really respect that. I just wanted you to know that your efforts & contributions are noted & appreciated & deserve to be merited. Whatever games you have planned in the future, you got my support.

By the way, I know you have something completely new in mind, & like the rest of us, I'll be interested to see what it is, But I was thinking it might be worthwhile to repeat the same process with some of the other abandoned games on here that you did with Urban X Life / Urban Demons. There are a lot of abandoned .01 through .07 etc... games out there that started off great, but then died incomplete. Maybe you might be able to rebuild those too & make something of em? At the very least should keep you busy for a while. Just a thought I wanted to pass along.
Thanks for your words. It's greatly appreciated. I just don't want to let anyone down. A lot of people love this game and want to see it completed (or going on forever! :p). I'm in a bit of a hump right now with 0.9 (just due to the amount of work I have to do) along with real life stuff. But once we get over that it will be fine and I'll probably be back to normal :)

As for picking up others work, I probably won't be doing that again. Urban X Life I picked up because I loved the original so much and thought it was an injustice it was getting pulled down. I have a lot of my own ideas now which I will probably focus on. I also don't want to be known as the "guy who finishes other people's projects". :p

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Please don't consider this being "stuck on this project", I am intending to start something fresh at some point in the future. I am sort of reaching the point of "done" with rpgmaker in general. However I have a responsibility to finish my games in the vision I originally entailed and so I will be doing that. Thank you for your words though, it's much appreciated :)

As for AZL I'm not sure that will be happening at this point. Expect a bug fix build soon, but after that. I doubt there'll be anymore.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the demo. What about it didn't you enjoy?
Sorry for the harsh words,the game crashes in many places on the new update(Ex-shop,backside house etc.) :(

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry for the harsh words,the game crashes in many places on the new update(Ex-shop,backside house etc.) :(
Yeah the demo is a bit strict, you kind of have to follow Jennings storyline and that's it really. I could have made that clearer. Luckily the 0.9 build nothing will be off limits so you can enjoy everything :) (And it will be far superior to the 0.8 build I can assure you! :D)

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Yeah the demo is a bit strict, you kind of have to follow Jennings storyline and that's it really. I could have made that clearer. Luckily the 0.9 build nothing will be off limits so you can enjoy everything :) (And it will be far superior to the 0.8 build I can assure you! :D)
Glad to hear that ,we re counting on you :)
1) As a suggestion can yu add granny or sister babysit event? I think it would be really cool.
2)Would yu put a "help" folder like "A Zombie's life" game?
3)Will this characters be added on the later updates?
Or these are just artworks?(Coach Mary,Officer Gomez,Indian Milf

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Glad to hear that ,we re counting on you :)
1) As a suggestion can yu add granny or sister babysit event? I think it would be really cool.
2)Would yu put a "help" folder like "A Zombie's life" game?
3)Will this characters be added on the later updates?
Or these are just artworks?(Coach Mary,Officer Gomez,Indian Milf

1 - Granny isn't one of my characters so she will not be in it. However a sister babysitting event is a good idea!
2 - There is one :)
3 - We have some future characters planned, but not until after 1.0! :)

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
I am sort of reaching the point of "done" with rpgmaker in general.
As much as I like UD, I look forward to that day. I'm pretty done with playing RPGM games, except a few that I have been following like UD. I would be excited to see what you do in Renpy or Unity or whatever you ended up choosing.

Speaking of which, I remember a few months ago someone posting in this thread that they were converting this game to Renpy, and even had a couple of screenshots. But there was never any follow-up. I wonder if that was a troll or not...

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
As much as I like UD, I look forward to that day. I'm pretty done with playing RPGM games, except a few that I have been following like UD. I would be excited to see what you do in Renpy or Unity or whatever you ended up choosing.

Speaking of which, I remember a few months ago someone posting in this thread that they were converting this game to Renpy, and even had a couple of screenshots. But there was never any follow-up. I wonder if that was a troll or not...
I doubt I'll be touching ren'py. It has the same inherent flaws that rpg maker has. I'll most likely be going with Unity for unlimited freedom in what I choose to do and what mechanics I'd like to implement. I could go for unreal, but I feel like the power of that engine would be wasted on a 2d game. Also I work with C# daily, so unity would be a more natural shift.

I've thought as well this game could be made in ren'py for sure, but more art would be needed for it to properly work as a VN. More artwork on the same level as Mrs Jennings for the different characters would work.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
As for AZL I'm not sure that will be happening at this point. Expect a bug fix build soon, but after that. I doubt there'll be anymore.
That's sad to hear. I thought you were going to update and polish it somewhat after UD is finished (or 0.9 is out)? At least that's the vibe I got off your related Patreon post. I don't expect any new scenes, but there's still plenty of unfinished stuff in it - starting off with the old jittery animations that never got updated and the new scenes which never got animated in the first place.

Still, AZL is functional as a full game at least, and while I am a bigger fan of AZL rather than UD, if you feel like it's done then I suppose that's that. Not to mention it would mean you'd be "stuck" on something old instead of something new again. Thanks for clarifying.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Here's my take on ZL, i believe that the biggest problem was pacing:
The story kinda only advances when doing lab missions. Wich kinda makes some other parts of the game very irrelevant, and there are characters that are easy to miss, instead a bigger chunk of the game should be part of the story.
Some parts of the game that should be part of an unified story (like meeting charcters), require a lot of random exploration.
Apart from the fast zombies that are introduced in the story, the other zombies kinda get introduced in a very out of the way manner. I feel that these 2 zombies should be introduced as part of the story.
There should be more mini boss-like events like saving leslie from the first regenerator. Probably even gating all the final sex scene quest items behind some sort of mini boss event.
The very end felt very rushed (obviously, since it kinda was) like how you're thrown into a fight with the monster while suddenly having all your stats maxed, i kind of feel like having the different stages of the final boss fight appear at different parts of the story, would give the final boss a sort of nemesis from RE3 fear factor as he keeps coming back from more, in wich case, reminding players to save before advancing would be nice then.
Also, some hard to obtain expendable item to finish off regenertors for good would be apreciated. As it ws very annoying when you had to do a quest and a regenerator kept interrupting.

dirtyotaku13

Jul 12, 2017
Speaking of AZL, a funny story. Originally I had just plaid AZL and really liked it. I found it fun trying to keep resources up and having to choose what supplies to keep or what to toss when my inventory was full, and the art looked amazing to me. Then while waiting for the next update, I noticed "Oh, this guy's got another game that's ongoing, huh? Let's check it out." Then I just saw the character art in the banner for it and wanted to laugh. Going from a more realistic style to a stylized art (at the time I just thought it "too cartoony") seemed ridiculous to me.

But I eventually got over that and actually gave the game a try. Don't remember my initial thoughts on it, but very quickly I realized that I was getting more excited for UD updates than AZL updates. It was to the point that when AZL hit like 0.9 or something like that I even thought "eh, I'll play that later" and kept doing UD.

TL;DR - Originally thought UD looked stupid, quickly became one of my favorite in-progress H-games.

Reactions: Igniculus

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
I have seen so many people here asking about characters from Chilly mod . I don't think Nergal will add them in future patch .
But i think you guys can easily add them for yourself . I know so many people (like me) modified rpg game for personal

Marauder196

Sep 3, 2017
I have seen so many people here asking about characters from Chilly mod . I don't think Nergal will add them in future patch .
But i think you guys can easily add them for yourself . I know so many people (like me) modified rpg game for personal
Would love it if you would give me steps on how to do that?

P.S - Not very tech savy

jimmymacken

Jan 20, 2018
What happened to that idea of a threesome with Fred and Mrs. J? Thought I saw something to that effect on the old Trello, but it's been a bit since i looked.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Would love it if you would give me steps on how to do that?

P.S - Not very tech savy
It's not that easy, tell the truth. You'll need RPGMaker VX Ace (the full editor, not just the RTP) and then you'll have to open Chilly's project and the new project in 2 separate instances, find the events and scripts with Chilly's new characters, and copy-paste them to the new one. Pretty sure there'll be added complications with the new file/folder structure as well.

IMO you're better off treating Chilly's modded version and Nergal's new makeover as two separate products.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Thanks for your words. It's greatly appreciated. I just don't want to let anyone down. A lot of people love this game and want to see it completed (or going on forever! :p). I'm in a bit of a hump right now with 0.9 (just due to the amount of work I have to do) along with real life stuff. But once we get over that it will be fine and I'll probably be back to normal :)

As for picking up others work, I probably won't be doing that again. Urban X Life I picked up because I loved the original so much and thought it was an injustice it was getting pulled down. I have a lot of my own ideas now which I will probably focus on. I also don't want to be known as the "guy who finishes other people's projects". :p
I hear you. Still though, would be nice to see on a few select abandoned projects completed. Though at the same time I wouldn't want you to have to choose between them & your own IP either.
So I did have a thought that I wanted to float by you, I myself like to write a lot & some of the story ideas I write out might make for good game material, I don't really have much of a game making skill set. Also, the style of writing I tend to do doesn't fit the sexual themed stuff very well, (truth be told, games that match my writing style are more like To the Moon & Finding Paradise from Freebird games. Stuff that's more tear jerker than dick jerker material). So I was wondering a couple things, the first is whether you prefer to stick with sexual themed games or have any intention of branching out into other types of games & if so, would you by any chance be willing to work together on a game?

hashir43

Sep 23, 2017
ex
Urban Demons, a tale of two souls lost in the darkness. Take control of, Peter the perverted young male as you journey around the city seeking to complete your goals. Encounter a variety of women, all of whom you can talk and interact with and... more!

However discover your fate as you travel into the very depths of hell, to uncover the truth of who you are, but more importantly, who or what you will become.

Your main goal is to corrupt all the women you can find as you travel between the real world and the Otherworld. This goal becomes slightly easier when you are blessed by demonic forces. But are these powers there to merely help you? Or are there more sinister motives at hand?

With a large selection of NPCs to interact with and a compelling story that will see you enter the depths of hell, be sure to check out the latest version!

Current Build Progress - 0.9 - In Progress

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Updated: 04/31-2018 (0.9 Demo -2)
Censorship: None
Version: 0.9 Demo 2
Developer: ( / )
Language: English
Genre: 2DCG, Shotacon, Incest, Corruption, Voyeurism, Oral Sex, Group Sex, Demons, Super Powers, Fantasy

Instructions:

In-Game Codes:

Official Release Changelog:

Download(s):
v0.9.2-DEMO: - - - - -

excuse me how to fix the error it says it requires RTP to run the game

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Hello Nergal, me again, back with another question:

When creating your Parallax maps, how do you set it so that the characters don't just wander out into the void? Is there a script you've created/downloaded that reads walls within a map a certain way? And if you'd be so kind as to share this information, that would be truly amazing!

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
Hello Nergal, me again, back with another question:

When creating your Parallax maps, how do you set it so that the characters don't just wander out into the void? Is there a script you've created/downloaded that reads walls within a map a certain way? And if you'd be so kind as to share this information, that would be truly amazing!
There's a title that's invisible that allows you walk. You just use to dictate where the player can and can't move. To learn more about Parallax please watch this

Reactions: ChillyScholar
4.10 star(s) 53 Votes